Less Heavy Infantry, plz

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dragonblood, Mar 31, 2013.

1. WalrusJones

They are combat medics. GO ask the heavy assaults today who are wondering "Why did I die instantly," from my secret weapon....
  2. siiix

1 extra ? are you kidding :) i would say 10 extra if you give rocket launchers to every class, same with tanks and 5 for light air

so pretty much triple armor on all vehicles, but not anything less than that, THEN OK
  3. Shockwave44

That's your first mistake. No one is forcing you to engage them but when you do, you want them nerfed. Makes perfect sense.

Same thing when a heavy sees a scat max, they run away. You should try it some time.
    • Up x 1
  4. ChaosRender

Because a sniper shot them? Becasue any other class in the game shot them while they where using a LMG? HA are by far not the strongest class in game that is the LA, HA is just good at having a okay way to deal with every thing, but are easily killed by other classes.
  5. WalrusJones

No, I was actually referring to an actual event where a large number of HA were slaughtered by a combat medic.... One of my few moments of decent feeps, actually.
  6. Unknown Kadath

Medics are excellent anti-infantry combatants and assault rifles are a great weapon class. We're already plenty combat oriented, thanks. I can beat any class other than Heavy in a straight up fight no problem and with heavies it's about 50%.

Just because the medics whom you roll with are derpy healbots, doesn't mean the rest of us are.
  7. ChaosRender

Yes medic will kill at better ranges and quicker than a HA, not saying they cant in fact any other class played with the same skill will kill a heavy.

I guess I should have said it this way which class do you want to get RL or AV turrets next, the one that heals, that stealths, or the one that flies? All three of those classes has a role and they fill them well, and all of them are lethal, so which should get the next anti-armor buff?
  8. bodmans

i play HA as a main, but ANY other infantry encounter with either an above average aim or tricks will kill me
    and yes i carry a def launcher, sneak up to tanks and sundie's alike and at least try to blow them up.
    i have resist shield over NMG because of its functionality, but still anyone who can find my shiny head in their reticule will find me dead

did you as OP make this thread because you got your *** whiped by a HA whilst playing HA or are you just the general forum whiner/troll?
  9. RHINO_Mk.II

Sure. Not like I ever run out of ammo with my NC6 Gauss SAW (20 potential kills per clip without headshots)
  10. Bananathug

Oh god PUHLEASE. Every class has a main gun, and atleast 1 other useful tool.
    HA have a gun and a rocket
    Medic have a gun and a healing tool
    Engineers have a gun and a turret and ammo resupplys and a repair tool. No ability though.
    Infils have a gun and a scanning tool.
    LA have a gun and nothing else... The jetpacks are probably the most useful ability though.

I get alot more kills with LA then HA. LA are supposed to try to fly around and suprise enemies, or get to good positions with jetpacks.
    I love laughing at HA who run into an area with their shields and frantically look around as I shoot them from some place 50 meteres above them. Or some noob HA runs into me and just holds down his trigger. Ill just start flying above him and throw off his aim long enough to get a kill.

Also, Medics are close to HA. I like the medic guns way better personally for NC than the HA guns. Medics can heal themselves which takes the same role as having a shield, just its a bit worse for direct fighting. Plus they can revive and heal teamates, so If there is no armor around then I would rather go medic than heavy
  11. WalrusJones

If AV grenades, even a weaker version, were available, we would see a LOT more notta Heavy assaults... Probably at the bonus of having more available, and being cheaper.
  12. Bill Hicks

Too many roles? the only role is KILLING. Sounds like you tried to go face to face with a heavy with your lolbine and got schooled.
    My only special ability is to glow and make everyone shoot at me.
    • Up x 1
  13. Bill Hicks

When I play against non- whining non -heavy good players they: Revive their whole squad and own me; they fix a tank and pin me down; They fly over me and drop c4; they sneak behind me and blast me. Should I complain that I cannot knife a tank? or should I trick him into chasing me over my mines?
  14. The Milk Man

I haven't used heavy assault in like 1 months already. Engineers are just way better xD Why use a rocket launcher when tank mines can instantly kill tanks, sundys and air if they are landing and infantry if you place them on the floor and throw a nade to detonate them. Engineers have AV turret which is basically a guided rocket launcher.
  15. ent|ty

No.

If I can take out a MAX with an LA by clever positioning and running away (if I had the chance) and razor cutting him to death, never mind the many ways others kill my HA as is at times, no reason to nerf or touch it.

This is a L2Play situation.
  16. thrikerr

Topics like these wouldn't happen if people weren't worried about K/D in an objective-based game.

That being said, I have no trouble killing heavy assaults as an engineer because I'm not bad at the game.
  17. Zeekez

I play a fairly [imo] successful LA, and heavies account for my most killed class by almost 500 kills over my 2nd most killed class [engi]. Why? 2 reasons 1) they are overconfident in their shield and 2) You catch them with rocket launchers out a lot.

Also remember with the new rocket launchers that just came out and the tweaking of them there are A LOT more heavies running around than usual. [hell even I was playing one for a bit]. It will die down a bit. Just be smarter than the HA. The shield isn't an "I-Win" button
  18. Zaik

they tried that in beta for a bit, the LMGs were basically unusable outside close range ADSing while any AR could just hipfire spray them to death with superior accuracy and DPS in addition to having much better accuracy and all around lower recoil at range. Everyone just played medic until enough enemy tanks massed up, then all switched heavy assault and spammed rockets until the vehicles were gone and then swapped back to medic again. Hell, the AOE heal was better for self protection than the shield at the time and the shield didn't even slow you down yet.

So there was no point. They just made the LMGs equally useful at mid/long and made them terrible for hipfiring, as that's the only place where balance rests solely on who has the biggest numbers on a spreadsheet.
  19. Phrygen

I don't like that heavies get to use shotguns.... The shotties with the shield... its a bit much....

though i can't completely justify take shotties away from them.
  20. SDD

Quite a while back, I think it was either during or before E3 of last year, they were describing their intents for the Heavy Assault class.
    It was always supposed to be LMG+AV rocket Launcher, but they were saying a "heavy anti infantry weapon" would take the place of the anti-vehicle rocket launcher in the loadout (and probably the LMG too?).

The current heavy weapons are in a pretty sad state, and it would be nice to see them improved to the point where they are clear winners over the LMG in order to replace the LMG and RL slots.
    They'd still be fearsome to infantry with the shield, but not being able to shoot rockets while performing an anti-infantry role would make them very vulnerable to MAXes (in the world where MAXes are actually a threat).