Less Heavy Infantry, plz

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dragonblood, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Dragonblood

In before Heavy Infantry is the main battleunit. They are much too versatile at killing everything at any range (except extreme long range sniping, but sucks anyway thx to nanoweave). That class takes too many roles in my point of view and therefore it s the most played one.
  2. Vaphell

engineers are not much better. They have ridiculous utility when compared to everything else.
    • Up x 2
  3. Vaphell

engineers are not much better. They have ridiculous utility when compared to everything else.
  4. Zenanii

I wouldn't mind a designated AV class, or making rocketlaunchers take up the primary weapon slot.
    • Up x 3
  5. Grotpar

They said they were going to split the HA class up in an AI focused class and an AV focused class.

But for some reason they ditched the idea, I don't think they ever mentioned why.
  6. TR4ever

rocket launcher should take up the pistol slot.
    • Up x 3
  7. ChaosRender

Problem is is it makes no sense to make a medic more combat oriented they all to busy med gunning to shoot a real gun any way.
    LA when played half decently are one of the most annoying and one sided fights I see in this game.
    Infiltrator do need more reasons to infiltrate but don't need to necessarily be more combat oriented due their role being infiltration and sniping. (fix infiltration first)

So that only leaves the Engineer and HA and both can pretty much do every thing right now but in different ways. Sot he question is if they are not playing those classes as the main two classes what would they play? And do you really want LAs with rocket launchers, or infiltrators with C4?
    • Up x 2
  8. Rift23

They're most played because they can deal with anything (even air with the right launcher) and this game is structured around herp-derp killing your way through a base. Also, they're very noob friendly, I roll mine out when it's obvious the base is going to fall (after setting my customary booby-trap in the spawn room) and even with the default setup I can pop a few tanks or kill some infantry for a lot of certs.

You mean primary, right? I rarely see HAs switch to a pistol after emptying their 100+ round mags.
  9. Arbitrator

But muh keyydee.

Props to Light Assault players. On the rare occasions I see one, let alone get killed by one, its enough to almost make me smirk. I think my problem with most HA players is that they're cowards who run at the first sign of trouble, popping Overshield, whilst letting the other players storm in first so they don't risk getting shot.
  10. ChaosRender

if they did that they would have to buff Rocket launchers alot to make the class useful. And if a HA did not have a RL why play it?
  11. Tobax

It is only currently most played because of the addition of the ESL's, before that there was a lot more engineers and medics running around, balance will come back by itself over time.
    • Up x 1
  12. pnkdth

Give AV abilities to all classes(AV grenades, AP rounds for certain weapons).
    Reduce damage versus vehicles;
    C4: 2 brinks should be *just enough* to destroy a MBT, 2 should not put sunderer to burning(but 3 will blow it up).
    Rocket Launchers and AV Turrets: Make it so it taks one extra rocket to kill a sunderer, effectively making it so the HA needs to bring C4 and rockets to destroy a sunderer solo. Same with the turret, reduce damage so you need one more rocket to blow up a sunderer.*

* None of these are tested or calculated, think of them as an example. Point is to get a more diverse battlefield where infantry can be more creative(without constantly adding more damaging AV weapons). Either this, or make classes that deal with AV less effective against infantry.
  13. ChaosRender

Killing a sunder with rockets is a painful and very unlikely way to kill one unless there is a group of people. (mind you i am not talking about current ESL, and mainly the striker) C4 and one rocket is the best way to deal with a sunder as a heavy as it is quick and more likely to result in a kill.

The AV turret I can agree with it really does hit to hard for something that is so easy to hit with.
  14. Dragonblood

With the new Exp incentive to destroy tanks, I doubt that.

@pnkdth

Well yeah, vehicles are exp buckets right now....unless you spam them.
  15. 13lackCats

wow. yeah, just wow
  16. Oheck

I think the main reason you see so many are because there are so many vehicles. You go on BF3 on a map that has a large number of vehicles, guess what classes you are going to see most frequently. Engi's and Support, because they both have the tools to not only deal with infantry but to do damage to vehicles. Otherwise you spend your time hiding the second a vehicle comes, which in this game would be 90 percent of the time.

Some of the most memorable battles i've been in on this game have been when both sides have more infantry on the field then armor. Then you see a diverse mix of classes on the field. Its when one side comes in with 90% of their platoon rockin armor that you'll see folks switching to HA to deal with it.

Oh and close range HA's aren't so hot. Now that shotguns are the cqc weapon of the day, it doesn't matter how much i'm certed up I'm dead in a second.
  17. CitizenSoldier

Planetside 1 load out system was better.
  18. Takoita

IMHO, it's just a matter of loadout options. Make HA AI faction-specific weapons elegible for the 'tool' slot, adjust their stats to make them more beastly, add the Thumper (AI grenade launcher) and reduce RL damage to infantry.
  19. p10k56

Before Vehicle kill buff premium cert harvesters were engineer and medics. Now also HA enters family and engies whine ocean of tears because HA no more protects them from other infantry. But rather go beast hunting.

Not to mention more HAs less food for mana AV turret:cool:
  20. Paperlamp

My only problem with them is that resist shield is simply too good against other infantry.
    Engineers also have too much going for them.

I think rather than nerfing these classes, other infantry could use a buff.

For one, an ammo boost for all classes main weapons would make classes w/out high ammo pool LMGs or infinite ammo less annoying to play solo.

I'm also in favor of the no-classes option but of course I doubt it'll ever be considered with how the cert upgrades work currently.
  21. vGh0stSix

Their combat potential significantly outweighs the other classes, leaving me frustrated when I engage them as any other class, I watch them press F and then continue to lol to victory.