LaunchPad unable to connect.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zultanath, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Vesperia

ISP: Comcast
    Router: Belkin
    Connection: Wired, Cable
    Speed: 33 down, 5 up, 10 ping.

The problem occurs when I launch the game from steam. It takes a second to load and then the error pops up.
  2. chenlove

ISP---eastlink
    ROUTER-- MOTO
    WIRELESS
    CABLE
    20M/S down 1M/S up
  3. Fuman

I got back in guys.....try it now.
  4. Tharrn

Edit: and to above poster: still no go here.
  5. Aki

ISP Free France
    Router Freebox
    Connection Cable
    Speed 20M down 1M up

the error appears like 2 or 3 seconds after the launcher opens and tries to connect the update server
  6. Aircath

Same problem here.
    ISP- Comcast
    Make/Model - RCA model DCM425
    Wired connection
    Connection - Cable
    DL/UL - 25.16 Mbps 3.61 Mbps ping 16ms
    Running into this issue upon launching the launcher a few seconds after trying to connect
  7. GlirkDient

ISP - Comcast
    Router - D-link DGL 4300
    Modem - Aris TM502G
    Wired Cable Connection
    32.41mbps down and 5.23mbps up from speedtest.net
    The issue happens immediately. The launcher loads and I get the spinning circle and after about 3 second it gives me the 4-404 error people are posting.
  8. Tsuri

Connection Information:
    - Who is your ISP ?
    Comcast
    - What is the make & model of your router/modem/hybrid device ?
    Comcast Modem by Scientific Atlanta -- Linksys WRT54G Router
    - Type of connection (Wireless/Wired) ?
    Wired
    - DSL, Cable or Fiber ?
    Cable
    - Download and upload speeds (ping, dl, ul; can check this by going to http://speedtest.net/ ) ?
    Ping 5; Down: 25 Mbps; Up: 3.67 Mbps
    -Where exactly during the launcher process are you currently running into this issue ?
    After opening the launcher, also get a 'working' icon and then an error about 5 seconds later.
    This information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ! :D
  9. Tharrn

RadarX, if you have an IP to tracert we could check if a backbone somewhere is fail again. Have had that too often in my online gaming career to not suspect it as the culprit :p
  10. Tharrn

Steam launcher works for a friend... but he is on cable, too. I am using the non-steam version.
  11. metrotw

comcast
    ubee modem
    dlink wbr-2310, wired
    ping 15, 25mbps/5mbps
    Right after the launcher window opens an empty box with a 'working' icon appears and then the error after about 5s.

no problems until this morning...deleting and reinstalling the game didnt work and i cant launch thru the web page either..it just
    hangs when i try to accept the agreement.
  12. TheBloodEagle

I've never had this issue until a few hours ago and I've been playing since beta. Not using Steam.

Comcast ISP Cable
    • 22.83 Mb/s
    • 4.25 Mb/s
    • Chicago, IL
    • 10 ms
  13. Grobsen

14. Nikademus

ok, atleast this is not just me. Same issue for last hour or so, rest of the internet is working fine, was playing last night just fine. Woke up this morning and 4-404 error, launchpad cannot connect.
  15. Tipiloux

Yes !! great thanx, it's good for me
  16. haniblecter

ROuter: Linksys, newer
    ISP: Comcast cable, wireless, Mid Michigan
    Ping: i dont know, usually great

Browser opens, get the thinking/loaindg symbol moving, then the 404 error message. I use FF primarily wiht win7 64bit, all recent updates installed.
  17. The420Rhonin

well ive talked with a live rep aparently for us comcast users the prob might be with them lol how idk tryed to reboot modem and router still nada damn thing this is seriously lame and i liked the game too dont want to have to scrap it ill keep tryin through the day and keep posted if i get anything new
  18. haniblecter

Just load up like 15 of the browsers, it seems like one of them works.
  19. TheBloodEagle

Obviously just a very recent bug on their part (I'm having it too and see all the people in the thread), you don't need to overreact about it. They'll fix it.
    • Up x 1
  20. Tharrn

Deleting the cache did nothing for me.