[BUG] Laser with bullet drop?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IGELmitDEAGLE, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morpholine

To be fully pedantic: Light is also affected by gravity.
    • Up x 2
  2. JohnnyOmaha

I chuckle.

I hope this makes you appreciate no bullet drop even more! Ya don't know whatcha got until it's gone (or roll and alt to see how awesome it is...)
  3. Gungan

Star Wars blasters fire superheated gasses (typically Tibanna gas - Cloud City mines the stuff) encased in a containment field. Range is determined by how strong the containment field is, and one it fails the gas dissipates into the atmosphere unless it hits its target.
  4. Monnor

Sorry, but you do not use "laser" cause laser would be a beam. Your guns are plasma bolt rifles, gravity may have not the same effect like to projectiles from our guns, but still it have.
  5. Hodo

How so, he is asking about the energy weapons the VS use. If I recall the Vanu use Plasma based weapons, not lasers.
  6. Hodo

True to a much lesser degree, unless you are talking a much higher gravity force, but if we were you wouldnt be fighting on that planet.
  7. Scrangos

Should probly say what gun your using. The corvus has that issue too, bullet changes color to tr/nc to boot.
  8. IGELmitDEAGLE

Are you making this up? Give me a source.

The official wiki says

In the video description its says corvus.
  9. Monnor

Oh really the official wiki, i dont need lies, cause you lose no dmg.
  10. Nephera

he's asking if the weapon is bugged, which it is.
    • Up x 1
  11. Yago

The clue is in the funky purple colour !
    Vanu weapons use 1970's lasers .
    In the 1970's lasers were heavy sh*t .
  12. Aege

I just think the batteries are going dead in your gun.
    • Up x 1
  13. IGELmitDEAGLE

Problem still existent.
  14. IGELmitDEAGLE

15. Iksniljiksul

While this could be a bug or could be intentional, the thoughts being presented here that light is not effected by gravity is absurd. It's just not altered enough in our average humans distances to be noticed much. Light does bend, it's how astronomers detect the gravity of objects in space.
  16. JohnnyMaverik

I have an SVA-88 and the same thing happens when I switch it to burst fire, I presume it's a design oversight but it's been known about for a while and never been fixed.
  17. bluEyedillusions

Lol, I laughed at "the heisenburg cat". Oh my. Must be Heisenburgs lesser known rebuttal to schrodinger's cat.

Looks like you used a technobabble generator.
  18. IGELmitDEAGLE

19. Compass

It's because nanites have a problem firing individual lasers and calculate the light wrong.
    • Up x 1
  20. IGELmitDEAGLE

Mhh, sounds stupid ;__;
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.