[BUG] Laser with bullet drop?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IGELmitDEAGLE, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IGELmitDEAGLE

Is this working as intended? Whenever I switch my gun to semiauto it seems like I have to account gravity.

• Up x 1
  2. Ghostfox

Looks like it
  3. Johnnyseven

Whilst that clearly seems to be a bug, isn't the Saron the only "Laser" weapon? Aren't the rest of them plasma weapons?
  4. Ghostfox

The only infantry weapons, IIRC, that should have drop for Vanu are the sniper rifles.
  5. IGELmitDEAGLE

Laser, plasma, photon, ion or whatever you call it. In movies its always the pew pew gun that runs on batteries. :)
    • Up x 3
  6. Lucidius134

Weird. Seems to be a bug. Is this new? Did it happen before?
  7. IGELmitDEAGLE

I did not try it with a different weapon yet and also never noticed it before.
  8. HappyZaps

The point being that a glob of plasma should lose speed and drop, whereas a laser should not.
  9. EvilPhd

Gravity is OP
    • Up x 4
  10. Lucidius134

we're too COOL and NON-CONFORMIST to adhere to this 'gravity' fa*ggery daggery doo!
  11. IGELmitDEAGLE

My H-V45 doesn't suffer from it. So its most likely a bug since it makes no sense to punish someone for using single fire mode.
  12. IGELmitDEAGLE

bump in hope for a fix next patch!
  13. CBCronin

Single fire for VS weapons (except I believe for the default Sniper and pistols) results in bullet drop. Think it was done for "balance", but is pretty ridiculous if our strength is supposed to be accuracy and 0 bullet drop.

Having to arc bullets from my Flare at 150 meters is ludicrous.
  14. sagolsun

Well what do you expect? Of course VS rifles have drop because of the heisenberg cat in the waveform principle - the collapse of the event horizon superpositions the flux capacitors. How else would you expect the non-locality of the planck constant to remain constant given the positron interference??

Vanu lasers.
    • Up x 4
  15. IGELmitDEAGLE

Wat? Heisenberg stole Schrödinger's cat?
  16. RobotNinja

Curve the bullet.

• Up x 1
  17. CBCronin

She is hacking, think I have seen her online.
    • Up x 2
  18. Hodo

Plasma has a mass, and thus will be affected by gravity.

If it were a true LASER weapon there would be no delay, you trigger the targe gets hit almost instantly. Why you ask, it is a LASER and thus travels at the speed of light.
    • Up x 1
  19. IGELmitDEAGLE

You ever seen StarWars?

And why isn't it affected in full auto mode? You argument is invalid!
  20. Nephera

Bro that is completely irrelevant to the thread.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.