LA sound on test server ... rise up brothers

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by MarlboroMan-E, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Pikeman84

The simple truth of this issue is that, no matter how you look at it, this change is a nerf to the LA class. Even a brief glance at the game statistics shows the LA is one of the classes that LEAST needs a nerf (just barely pulling above infiltrator in player % and score/min). I really don't see why the devs thought this was needed.
  2. DOXaus123

+1 for louder jetpack sounds

I wont comment on the actual sound, but LA jetpacks need to have some audible sound.. its like the same situation that occurred with battlefield 3 (and bc2) with the lack of footstep sounds.. which conveniently was introduced/ommitted with the knifing and taking dog tags mechanic. It was basically a crutch for noobs to sprint around knifing.
    • Up x 1
  3. Kon

they have silencers for pump actions?
    • Up x 4
  4. cfnz

Thank you, that made me laugh.
  5. X3Killjaeden

+1 for louder jumppacks. They are almost completely silent and sneakier then infiltrator cloak which is stupid, considering that this thing is a jetengine that is supposed to catapult a human with battlegear 20m or more into the air.
    • Up x 2
  6. centurionvi

Its amusing how bitter Infiltrators keep playing the reality card. "Real jetpacks are loud, so they should be loud in the game!". Okay, fine, now for comparisons sake I tried to look up videos of real cloaks to figure out what a proper sound level should be, but to my total surprise it seems cloaking doesn't even exist! Therefore I suggest we remove cloaking from Infiltrators as it completely conflicts with reality and we obviously can't have that.
    • Up x 2
  7. Pikeman84

If infiltators are having a hard time sneaking, then buff the infiltrator. Don't bring LA down to on level with another underpowered class just to make things 'fair'

As for the realism thing, jetpacks are balanced right now. Making them louder is an unneeded nerf to the most crucial part of this class. Balance is, and always will be, more important than realism.
    • Up x 1
  8. blzbug

You are missing the point. The continuous grating sound in the LA player's own ears is reason enough to keep this monstrosity off the live servers. I don't even care about what *other* players hear. The player using the jetpack will be deafened.

So in addition to the obvious nerf to LA's stealth mobility, it is also a nerf to their situational awareness. It will be hard to tell what direction that explosion came from, when you are generating loud explosions right on your back.
    • Up x 2
  9. Redemer

I was trying it out and after like 2-3 min my ears began 2 hurt from the sound of the jump jet
    • Up x 1
  10. Redemer

have you ever acually tried 2 sneak as an infiltraitor combine it with cleaked flash and its easy 2 sneak into crown and hack a turret and then its just 2 begin tearing them apart but I se you have never tried that
  11. Redemer

its because of all the people that hasent learned 2 look up ofc the flame at la when they dont check roofs which means a la can easaly pick em of
  12. Redemer

U do know that enemy and friendly infiltraitors have the same sound now so it aint so much give away anymore
  13. Batisat

Again, not everyone runs the shotties. But it is overused if that's what you are trying to say
  14. Kon

Quite often the many are punished for crimes of the few.. that is life
  15. RoMoronik666

mmmm fair enough then.

To be honest i dont think the LA needs a nerf.. but it is WEIRD to see soldiers suddenly float up all over the place. I thought it was a bug at first. I do honestly think that they should have some sort of more noticeable visual effect and sound for the jet pack, simply because it feels right. I can't think of any other game where a jetpack is almost silent.

I do see how that would affect the current balance of the class though.

I think the LA should get some sort of buff in return then? I'm not sure what though.

I see LA as light skirmishers, highly mobile, able to get to places quickly and get to places where others cant, and do a surprise attack, perhaps it should have a buff to help with this?

Heres some ideas:

Binoculors (for scouting)
    Sabre (for melee) (I know its a weapon)
    Faster sprint AND crouch movement

i think anyone of these would be enough to compensate for a louder, more visible jet pack and would further distinguish the class from the others.
  16. Eclipson

So now we get to reveal our location to everyone every time we jump? Can we make the heavy shield make an extremely loud noise when its turned on, as well as the medics ability, that way everyone in the area knows where they are too? Why don't we just tone down how load the infiltrators cloak is instead of being ******** about the light assault?
  17. LibertyRevolution

They want us to play HA instead, so they can sell us more rocket launchers...
  18. Torok

that sound, must go away, or atleast have to be lowered by many decibels,
    we're in the 28th Century ffs!
  19. Takoita

I find it curious that this whole shebang of a thread doesn't have any actual comparison videos. Get an LA, get an outside observer, get a tank with a running engine and actually compare how it sounds from different distances. In any non-ghosttown scenarios you won't hear much.

Jetpack may be a bit too loud for the user themselves, but the inside/outside volume can be adjusted separately, can it not?
  20. Turiel =RL=

Wanna bet on something? First they nerf the jetpacks and then they sell us silent ones for SC!