LA Jump Jet Certs 100% Broken + Video Documentation

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by kersk, Dec 11, 2012.

1. SebastianSword

Bumping. I've played LA 90% of the time since release and being a slow cert collector, I've gone trough all of the JJ levels up to 5, which is where I'm currently at. The "improvements" have felt very underwhelming, and since the process has been very gradual, I've no idea if JJ5 is any better than JJ2.

What I have noticed however is that the jump jets stop working completely at least 2 times a day. Has something to do with switching classes I would assume. My friends have experienced this bug too, but since they don't play as much LA, they encounter it less frequently. The only thing that fixes this is relogging, which I most of the time don't want to do in the middle of a good fight.

Another bug the jump jets have is that they don't work when sliding down a surface. The fuel is being consumed, but there is no upward thrust of any kind. This has got me killed a few times when the momentum of sliding has gotten so high that the stopping caused serious fall damage without the jump jets slowing down the fall one bit, but still consuming all of the fuel. It also makes climbing steep cliffs a painful chore, since the slightest downward slide completely neglects any thrust from the jump jets.
  2. Pat22

Get this fixed! I'm also at JJ5 and impatiently waiting for it to get work properly.
    I swear my fuel actually burns faster than it did before.
  3. TopPlayer1999

Since this is like most of the cert bugs and is not being acknowledged you can maybe expect fixes post holiday break. Not a shop or game breaking exploit so this stuff is likely going to be fixed sometime in January at the earliest I'd wager.
  4. mow

bad just plain bad this isnt fixed.:mad:
  5. Zymael

hmm not mentioned in the update #1 , come on just some response is all we ask for!
  6. Zymael

just tried, i can fly for an even shorter duration now oO tier 3 only though, anyone higher tried to test our certs?
  7. Teriander

How hard would it be for someone at Sony to reply to us and either say:
    "We are aware and are working on this issue."
    "We didn't know about this, thanks for bring it to our attention."
    "The Light Assault Class can go to hell." then lock the thread.

It would only take 2 seconds to type one of those lines Sony. Come on, we know someone serving the Community Forums has the time to answer.
    • Up x 1
  8. Zymael

9. Strongfort

I take I this was not fixed in the patch? I didn't find out about this bug until I purchased the 4th level. Oh how I wish I could refund that!
  10. TopPlayer1999

I doubt it was fixed or it would of been mentioned. Anything that didn't make update one is going to be pushed. The game just launched and developers are going to be moving projects and looking forward to their holiday break. Their investment for a game owned by sony is pretty small compared to their lives. You can not risk changing stuff prior to the break or the game might get broken over the holiday and that's bad. This has happened in other multiplayer games. I am sure this is on a list of things to fix after new years so like I said expect this stuff to be out at earliest sometime mid January.
  11. DesertGunBunny

I am experiencing the same issue with the Jump Jets not working. Please Bump, Light Assault cant do much without them. BTW I have only the default Cert with the jets
  12. Warez

13. Zymael

bump some bump
  14. Zymael

bump boom.. come on a single reply, "we are aware"
  15. Noburu

BUMP this needs fixing.
  16. TopPlayer1999

I am sure they know, just wait till mid to late January.
  17. Gozer_the_Carpathian

Bumping for just a simple "We know already you can stop bugging us about it" post by a dev or community manger guy.
  18. TopPlayer1999

Thats not how it works. The engineers of the game very rarely post. I am sure if they did the public relations team would be sour about it because thats how they make a living. Your best bet is to tweet at the pr people but then small stuff like this is not something that they know or care to know about. Just wait and it will get fixed.

Also do bug the forum mods, they just enforce the rules and do not have this sort of information either.
  19. NickelToe

I completely agree. I also upgraded to level 4 jump jets seeing a reduction in quality.

I log over from easamir to indar to defend and level 4 is gone which did not matter anyway and my certs for the upgrade are gone.

The weird thing is that day 3 of release when playing LA and I upgraded to jump jets 2 I saw a really good increase and worked toward upgrading them but I should have stayed at lvl 2 as now I have a hard time jumping to the 2nd floor of a tower in rank 3 jump jets. Again I paid for and lost my certs for rank 4 but the upgrade is gone.

I wish they would fix this and the ammo bug when you have a Underslung that locks up all your ammo. LA is a fun class to play solely due to mobility and variety of weapons and attack/defense styles.

Guess playing TR now on the same server as HA is fun until they fix it though. Carv 9 is just the "win" button if I see someone outside a vehicle even if they are there by accident.
  20. Zazen

It's absolutely broken. I would even go so far as to say, from my experience, level 3 jump jet is WORSE than level 1...wtf?!? Either fix it or give our certs back please..thanks...