LA Jump Jet Certs 100% Broken + Video Documentation

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by kersk, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Steppa

In the meantime, I suggest a Tribes 2 server.
  2. Seraniol

This could definitely do with looking at. It's not the only cert that feels like it doesn't perform as advertised and that's some pretty solid evidence. It's really gutting to spend so many certs on something that flat out doesn't work :(
  3. CobraFive

Engineer repair tool... fore grip...
  4. Wineclaw

Certed up to JJ 3 so far.
    Please fix this ASAP SOE!

Thanks for doing the dirty work, OP.
  5. Malchance

As someone who plays LA almost exclusively and has upgraded to JJ5:
    I ******* KNEW IT!
    Thanks for proving I'm not crazy, OP.
    • Up x 1
  6. Opapanax

Worst part was thinking I was going crazy. Every time logging in on a different day and just getting a completely different feel from how my Jump Pack was performing.

I've maxed out my Jump Jets now, and it is clearly better than the stock level and a good bit better than level 2.. However.. How it should perform after those levels and the actual relation to how it performs now leaves some questions to be asked.

The main increase I've felt I've really gotten is from the recharge amount. I am able to run around and do more "standard" jump jet manuvers consistanty. The thing that bothers me about it though is the actual amount total of fuel. Making jumps to higher locations not at all possible. I was really hoping that at max level I would be able to make it to the lower air term at Tech and Bio Labs or maybe to the 4th floor on air term at towers...

Unfortunately neither of those are possible at max Jump Jet level. So any hopes anyone might of had of making it to the 4th floor of a tower in one jump.. Not happening bro's..
  7. kuupak

Fix Pleeease
  8. Meurtos

Feel sorry for those at Jump Jet 5, and it not working. I'm already Jump Jet 6, but I did notice odd behavior before knowing this. Never tested height.
  9. Hoki

Lets not just bring attention to this one, there are tons of certs that clearly were not tested, because they dont work!

SOE Higby and co, retest every cert! All of them! We shouldn't have to bug report each one! QA the f'ing certs ffs!
  10. Zaskar

Bumping this, thats pretty sad.....
  11. Kenny007

A couple of us in our gaming group have run into that 'JJ don't work at all' bug that is only cleared up by restarting the client. Hope that is addressed soon.
  12. Maeludir

Bumpity bumpity o-shi! jumpjets cut out again.
  13. XRsyst

I thought it felt like my airborne times weren't improving, glad I'm not crazy. Would be great to fix this, or refund or something :(
  14. Vargs

Definitely regretting getting rank 5 jump jets right now. Thanks for this; hope it gets fixed.
  15. Diamond Sword

I would assume this bug isn't happening for everyone, because my jump jets have improved every time I put more certs into them.

The bug I get most with jetpacks is if, while flying, you bump into something, you will fall like you were not using the jetpack at all even while you are, and just waste all of your fuel (and probably die from the fall, too).
  16. Westy543

This seems like it would be a really simple fix.
  17. Delax

+1 to this.

Being a LA heavy player I can assure you that something is wrong as the jetpack is inconsistent. Sometimes I will scream up walls and across buildings, sometime it's just a little putter like a jalopy.
  18. Crazy Airborne

just today noticed i couldnt get as high as i did the previous day, so im glad im not losing my mind. soe please fix this
  19. Zumulus

I've noticed the same thing. Thought I was crazy. Can't wait for a fix considering I play LA all the time.
  20. Swiffle

I dont have to worry about this since I finally spent certs and noticed huge increase at 6, but wow, tweak those numbers please !