Isn't it pretty alarming that the playerbase doesn't even know what the VS trait is supposed to be?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ztiller, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Kislany

I'm still new and I don't know yet much about the VS traits (having only played NC), but the first 3 things (might not be traits, but it fits) that come to my mind when I think of the purplies is

1. spandes
    2. infiltrator
    3. magrider

Oh yeah, 4. purple.
  2. Copasetic

He does play the game, he just focuses 100% on what he sees as VS injustices. He's like a Vanu Stew360.

Which is fine, even if I don't agree with him most of the time he at least cares enough to post constructive suggestions. Most of the time.
    • Up x 2
  3. Koldorn

Magriders don't actually "hover" in this game engine. They have invisible tires. If you can find some water that's over the height of the magrider; you will sink; and explode once submerged. Not to be pessimistic; but this one didn't survive.

Technically the lasher splash did survive... but it was never splash that was great about this gun. It was the mid air lash effect, which did not survive.

It just doesn't seem like this game engine is capable of producing VS traits, and the devs stopped half way on thinking up new ones.

Welcome aboard! Beware Forumside; You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
    • Up x 5
  4. z1967

Probably doesn't know what Hitscan is. Hitscan is speed of light fast. Nothing we have in game is hitscan (although Mass Drivers that were on the PTS were hitscan as far as I know).
  5. Nanomorph

This was funny to read but still needs a little reality check.

The Phaseshift has a 550 ms velocity (faster than the Ghost) and can OHK infantry in the head out to 200m.

Beyond 200m you can still OHK an Infiltrator, but every other non-MAX class needs a quick body shot to finish them off.

Also, the Phaseshift doesn't take 3 seconds to charge, it's more like half a second.
  6. Koldorn

Oooh. I potentially stand corrected; the last build that I saw the phaseshift before being pushed to live capped the kill range at 150m. Likewise, the velocity was a flat 500. Can't hit the VR at the moment to be sure; but glad it seems to have gotten a little love before being kicked out the door.

(Realistically the charge time is somewhere around .2-.3 seconds, this is unique to the phaseshift in that the charge can be held the full 3-4 seconds. The lancer for example needs the full charge time to hit maximum damage potential.)

The railjack is our resident hitscan weapon; the velocity is absolutely incredible.
    Most people are however, not used to a weapon with firing delay. Any VS who were around for the .3 delay iteration of the saron will absolutely love the railjack.
  7. Irathi

Heh I didn't know that about the magriders, I haven't played that much VS and just assumed it could hover across water in PS2. Maybe that is why there is so little water in PS2? - which really is an element I miss. In PS2 it's like as if all water was switched for canyons. Hehe imagine a weather system that would alter/change where you could cross canyons etc, bases that would flood and go neutral.

Yeah agree about the lasher v1 it was the lash and not the splash that was the killer.
    • Up x 1
  8. Ztiller

I focus on problems that the VS have, yes. Because nobody else does, and the TR and NC have their own people focusing solely on their problems.

What is it, specifically, you disagree with me about?
  9. a-koo-chee-moya

No faction has any traits any more.
    NC= great CQC but now Baron so nope.
    TR=Great RPM but not really enough to make a difference because they couldn't nerf their other traits.
    VS=No bullet drop but that doesn't make a difference when they're behind cover when your bullets get their. "low recoil" but you can always compensate for recoil.

The only real difference is the Jackhammer, T7 Mini-Chaingun, and Lasher. However, Everyone knows Lasher is the most situational gun out there,the Baron nullified the Jackhammer, and the Chaingun's spinup dulls its effectiveness a bit.
  10. Quiiliitiila

:( How I wish we'd get that back… It'd actually make the lasher more useful in all situations, instead of the iteration we have now.
    Oh wait, according to many forumsiders the Lasher is perfectly fine and easily compares to the other ES heavy weapons.

Guess I'll just go home.
    • Up x 2
  11. Copasetic

In this case I disagree that it's even a problem. After more than a year general balance seems fine now and upsetting that by totally revamping the VS weapons and abilities seems like a bad idea. I mean, assuming you want a meaningful trait and not some token thing that can be tacked on without too much trouble.
    • Up x 3
  12. Pikachu

Venu trait is to be between TR and NC and have some strange things like a tank that can strafe, a charge up rocket launcher with bullet velocity and a LMG with splash damage.
    • Up x 2
  13. maxkeiser

We have no need of 'traits'. We have Vanu - through his light all knowledge is revealed. Only the weak need 'traits'.
    • Up x 1
  14. \m/SLAYER\m/

futuristic style
  15. Axehilt

Reload vs. Capacity is sort of formulaic: the higher your capacity, the slower your reload.

Problem is, the formula is poorly balanced. It's almost universally worse to be on the reload side of the spectrum.

So saying faster reload is an advantage? Well yeah you do get faster reloads, but since it's always worse (with the current formula) to have a low-capacity faster-reloading weapon than a high-capacity slower-reloading weapon, it's really just a penalty.

Also curious where you get the idea VS have better accuracy while ADS (or are you saying specifically ADS-while-moving?) since NC have the only perfectly-accurate ADS weapons. A glance at my balance sheet (which admittedly hasn't been updated in 5+ months) shows that VS actually has unusually bad ADS-while-moving. Most ADS-while-moving values are completely identical within a certain accuracy type (ie most LMGs have 2.0/2.5/2.5/3.0 if they don't use the worse accuracy type of 2.5/3.0/3.0/4.0), except for Ursa, Flare, and Pulsar LSW which instead of the normal expected 3.0 ADS while Stand-Moving have 3.25, 3.25, and 3.5 respecively.

Maybe those values changed (my excel doc is badly outdated) but it just seems like VS is unusually inaccurate while ADS+Moving.
    • Up x 2
  16. Ztiller

But the population clearly indicated that the VS is a less popular faction, and it is so for a reason.

I'm not talking about balance. The only thing i think should get a buff is the Phaseshift. All my other arguments are that we need to have a clearer and more definied faction, with Lasher that is useful more than once every month, and a MAX ability that doesn't completely lack any purpose whatsoever.

I never wanted global buffs for the VS. What i want are empire specific equipment that isn't plain out stupid or pointless.
    • Up x 1
  17. quatin

^This.

TR = More Dakka
    NC = Higher Alpha
    VS = No Drop

That's the way it used to be. Now it's everyone is a blend of each other. Before you VS complain that your "No Drop" trait doesn't mean much, neither does "More Dakka" or "Higher Alpha". Everyone gets high RPM carbines and SMG. Everyone can get the Jackhammer now. Everyone has high alpha damage option guns.

The only place where traction traits still exist is in the HA class. MCG, Jackhammer, Lasher.
    • Up x 2
  18. doombro

After a while, I figured it to be something like sustained fire capability. A lot of their weapons seem to follow that doctrine.
  19. a-koo-chee-moya

I said that all the traits don't mean anything.
  20. Tuco

well I know what it is, I'm just not sure I'm allowed to say it in these forums.
    • Up x 1