Is NC underpowered or harder to learn?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ErCaiman, May 19, 2013.

1. PaperPlanes

NC actually has the easiest/strongest guns in the game. It's what I consider the infantry faction, whereas TR gets the best vehicles in the game across the board.

VS is a mixed bag and always will be. Some guns are low recoil and easy to control, others like the Serpent and VX67 feel like they have a mind of their own and are trying to jump out of your hands, our MBT is simultaneously terrible and good somehow. People who think VS is easy are smoking something that the DEA wouldn't take kindly to.

I have characters over BR30 on all factions and NC is definitely the easiest faction in my opinion. While I think TR has better vehicles like the Mossie and Prowler, the core of this game is infantry combat and NC takes the cake there, their guns are easy to control, heavy hitting and have what feels like pinpoint accuracy and minimal cone of fire. I NEVER understood this idea of NC having high recoil guns at all, they are far and away the easiest to control weapons in the game, higher ROF guns are way harder to control because the recoil is applied so much faster, which means the side to side recoil adds up way quicker.

What I know is as NC I can go full auto with almost any gun I want at long range and ding people without even trying, with TR and VS guns it's like I can't hit the broad side of a barn without intelligently controlled bursts, something that doesn't seem to apply to NC guns in most cases.
  2. Ouch Electric

LOL love the positive spin.

Your giant brick, huge hitbox airframe is great for running people over! Not only can it not dodge flak or rotary bullets, but infantry can't dodge it either! Unless they find some cover nearby, in which case your giant hitbox will get blowed up.

LOL
    • Up x 2
  3. WalrusJones

Look, I wouldn't call it a positive spin as much as a humorous one.
  4. XRIST0

NC are easy mode faction .

Just kidding , relax .
    • Up x 1
  5. ErCaiman

Thing is the default LMG NC has has a LOT of hipfire CoF bloom, plus low rate of fire, it makes it pretty bad at low range, the Carv has high rate of fire which makes the other guy's accuracy screw up, the Orion has too, plus lots of accuracy, as far as stats seem to go and personal experience (instead of MNO's appeal to authority and preaching to the choir).
    Tested the GD-22s and seems pretty cool, of course, I have trouble due to sudden FPS drops even though I'm playing on a computer with more-than-recommended specs, playing with low settings and with a touchpad, but the hipfire seems pretty nice enough, like an assault rifle with 20 more bullets in it.

Don't know about TR vehicles, barely used them and I actually think their weapons have somewhat better recoil since it doesn't spread their bullets outside the ironsights like the NC default LMG seems to do. But I think Vanguard is pretty cool, it's cannon's STRONG, Reaver seems to have trouble because of the hitbox (though using a plane-like plane as a helicopter seems confusing). I cannot hit with NC default LMG at any distance, barely so, but GD-22S seems to be REALLY AWESOME, don't know why people say TR has more recoil though, I've seen them as the "high rate of fire low recoil low damage" faction o_O
  6. detruction2_ES

The powerful NC?
    If they're also strong, can you tell me why we lose all alerts ?
    You don't realize what you say...
  7. Ronin Oni

uhm/.... WHAT?!?
  8. JonnyBeanTown

What are you talking about? NC has far more recoil are you insane?
  9. Benton!

Nice necro post?

I find TR and VS weapons much eaiser to use, but thats just my preference...
  10. Rogueghost

Even though this is a necro post, I'll bite.
    Right, NC weapons do have more recoil but for most of their weapons its easier to control then tr or vs recoil, because nc recoil for the most part just pulls up.

Most tr and vs weapons pull both up and either to the left or right, and its a lot easier to control a lot of recoil in one direction then it is a moderate amount of recoil in two.
  11. Jrv

Trick question OP, it's both. Hardest to learn, least potential. Gotta love the rebels.
  12. Kastrenzo

I don't find them to be either.

I just find some of their weapons to be incredibly situational or gimmicky.

Phoenix, Scattercannons, etc, good for one thing and one thing only.
  13. JonnyBeanTown

There is no way it's harder to control TR and VS weapons. You can't tell me you have harder time controlling say a CARV then a SAW. I wouldn't believe you.
  14. Scorponok

he said the recoil was easier to control DUE to that NC's recoil goes up...while for VS and TR you get Recoil that goes left and right as well..wich is alot harder to control then upwards recoil...i prefer the SAW over the carv...personal opinion.
  15. Puppy

Lol TR recoil is worst... Silly.
  16. Scorponok

they lose because SO many in NC suck balls...that simple...NC attracts bad players due to their weapon's being the hardest hitting ones...and people think oohhhh they must have that weapon since it will do the work for them...
  17. Seron

in my experience there isn't that much difference between the guns. all 3 factions have their spray/bursters/Single shot-options.

I myself love the spray and pray approach sticking usually medium to close range. I currently use the gaus saw S becuz of the ROF, but have even been using an smg as a heavy untill i get the certs to get the anchor (which feels like Orion 2.0 to me in VR). Every faction has guns to suit all playstyles.
  18. Jrv

Too bad the Anchor/GD-22 are significantly inferior to the Orion/SVA-88 in those roles.
  19. W0rthy

Wait did you just say that NC has lower recoil than TR? NC has higher recoil lower rof and higher damage bursters. That's their faction trait. Their recoil is so immense that it is the only faction that should stay away from HV unless very skilled, since it makes ttk tracking difficult compared to the other two.

TR has some of the easiest managable recoil of the factions. and 10 shots extra per mag for carb and ar (a world of a difference) to make up for the slightly higher accuracy of the VS that needs to land almost all the shots in a tracking fashion to get the kill unless they get some headshots in.

Such a cheesy move to suggest that TR is UP. TR is the best overall faction, best of VS and NC combined. Where VS and NC are sidegrades. (high damage low rof, lower accuracy, high accuracy low damage, mid rof, less bullets). The game plays like the image when you start the game. VS requires longer tracking, NC more burst control. TR in between.
  20. Seron

they're not. lower ROF, higher DMG tier. Sure, but not in that sense that they are 'significantly inferior'. Even the lower tier gun of this sort, the gaus saw s is not that far off from orion/SVA