Is NC underpowered or harder to learn?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ErCaiman, May 19, 2013.

1. Jrv

Close quarters. Higher ROF wins. Higher DPS wins. DPS is important when both people hit most of their shots, a vanu heavy with an sva-88 and nanoweave 5 is nigh impossible to beat in a close range 1v1 unless there is a significant skill gap.Don't even get me started on the Orion in close range, might as well be a shotgun.
    • Up x 2
  2. Seron

Orion calculated theoretical DPS (only looking at ROF & dmg) --> 1787.5 DPS(10m) to 1562.3 DPS(after 75m)
    SVA88 calculated theoretical DPS(only looking at ROF & dmg) --> 1663.567 DPS(10m) to 1454 DPS(after 75m)
    Anchor calculated theoretical DPS (only looking at ROF & dmg) -->1670 DPS (10m) to 1430 DPS(after 75m)

I do not find these DPS differences to categorize something as 'significantly inferior', also bear in mind that the orion and SVA do not have the SPA option, while the Anchor does, resulting in a bit more stopping power on medium ranges. (i think that would actually get it very close to the orion). Add to that the advanced laser sight the Anchor has, and the orion/sva88 do not, the performance as hipfire (CQC) is on par with the orion and above the SVA
  3. huller

sigh.

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  4. MrIDoK

It's strange... NC does have access to both high-rof and high-damage weapons, while TR only has 3 167 damage weapons. How are we the best of both VS and NC if we don't have NC's hard-hitting weapons and VS's low recoil? Our only advantage is in raw dps and ammo capacity, which are offset by the horrible horizontal recoil. Most of the additional ammo goes wasted and the same is for our dps.

However, TR is not UP by any stretch of the imagination. It's just poorly designed and with a low skill-ceiling, that's all.
  5. Rogueghost

I'm not an lgm man, I was more thinking its a lot harder to control a lynx then a mercenary.
    And comparing the carv to the saw isn't a far example its a cqc lgm to a long range lmg, however comparing the saw to the tmg-50 I find the tmg-50 a lot harder to control then the saw.

And I prefer nc guns to TR weapons, if I didn't have a br 77 TR and a cool outfit I most likely would reroll nc.
  6. ent|ty

No.
  7. Archlyte

^^ This post is pure trolling. Nothing about it is accurate.
  8. starlinvf

NC: Scales best with personal skill. Weapons have a high skill ceiling, low skill floor, basically rewarding good marksmenship. Their main mechanical advantage is predictable recoil patterns due to the low rate of fire. So while the heavy recoil and spread limits them to 5-6 round bursts, those 5 rounds are very stable.

TR: Built around low skill ceiling and ease of use. Infantry weapons are built for CQC and hipfire, but the wild recoil patterns make them hard to control at longer ranges. The extended mags also make them more forgiving to less skilled players, letting them continue fighting where other empires would get stuck reloading. The sustained fire also allows them to cut through more troops if they manage to outflank them.

VS: Weapons are built around speed and scalability. Moderate skill floor, but maintains a high skill ceiling on infantry weapons. Fast reloads with stable recoil, along with a lot of visual distractions, makes their infantry difficult to fight head to head. ES weapons also force multiply substantially in larger groups (see Lasher and Lancer). As it stands, they are the design middle ground between the TR and NC, which can reward players of multiple skill levels.
  9. JonnyBeanTown

Yeah I mean I guess it's all just personal preference. I find the NC weapons a bit more frustrating to use but maybe that's cause I suck.
  10. Rogueghost

Never say you suck, sure some people will have better reaction times then you or better frame rates but as the saying goes practice makes prefect.

Find a gun you like a dedicate yourself to it, I find sticking with one weapon very helpful because you quickly learn how to control it's recoil and you learn what its limits are and where its most effective, and when you learn where your weapon is most effective, you become more effective.
  11. MrIDoK

Nah, you just have to find which type of gun you like using.
    I suck with automatic weapons, but give me a burst or semi-auto weapon and i'll conquer the Crown sigle-handedly.

Also, NC weapons (the slow-firing ones at least) are a lot less forgiving than the VS or TR counterparts due to their low rof. Some people like this, some hate it...
  12. Seron

Screenshot or it didn't happen!
  13. Vanguard 2

Yes i agree with you. The Reaver sucks in my opinion, even though I always play NC. The Reaver is just so easy to kill, ive seen one scythe take out my entire squad of 6 Reavers (no joke!), including me! I have never killed more than 2 Air units with one run in the Reaver. And the Vanguard. They should make it a bit more powerful. It is like so easy to kill, and bad at moving. The TR already have 2 cannons, and the Magriders get to strafe, so i say its unfair.
    I also think NC guns are underpowered. I have seen so many VS or TR boss us NC with the standard guns, and NC shotguns are no where as good as TR or VS. My NC12 Sweeper is no match for the Thanatos or Haymaker.
  14. Vanguard 2

Yes ive done that too a lot. You should see my video on youtube. Channel Name same as game name, Skarmx2
  15. Vanguard 2

I
    IT IS NOT. NC have way more recoil have you PLAYED NC before?
  16. Devrailis

My jaw dropped.

huller... you magnificent bastard.

I read your post.
    • Up x 1
  17. RubberFur

Sniping Snipers with a 6x Scoped Gauss Saw. Nuff said.
  18. Vixxing

Unless you OHK him with jackhammer headshot...