Is it fair to allow MBTs to be instagibbed by one rocketpod salvo?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Egg99, Dec 14, 2012.

1. H0urg1ass

It's cool for an MBT to instagib infantry by the truckloads or instagib my mossie as I sit still lining up all 16 rocket hits, but for some reason they need to be invulnerable to instant death.

Makes perfect sense.
  2. Azurewind

Absolutely 100% agreed.

I don't know if its people who are wandering around the northern wasteland of Indar in a lonely Prowler posting here or what. All I know is that lining up a run behind a tank column almost always requires me to fly deeper into enemy territory where I'm exposed to AA fire not only from the tanks/skyguards but also AA turrets from neighboring enemy bases.

If people are collectively manning those secondary guns on their MBTs/Sunderers, there's very little chance I or any other aircraft save a Liberator is going to survive.

You said it here. It's virtually the same in PS2, air is the best hard counter against air. You also make it seem like jets are useless against ground in BF3. Anyone who has seen the top jet pilots on the leaderboard knows this isn't true. Jets had rockets in BF3 as well, and once you successfully downed the enemy pilot, it was open season on any spotted armor for a good 30+ seconds.
  3. DirkDeadeye

I wish I was in this fantasy world where I can just swoop down and blow up MBT's at will. Where they aren't in a location swarming with burster maxes and AA launchers, other ESF's..

But of course we always play the scenario where we're in this fantasy world where the skies are always clear, nobody is running burster max, nobody is manning the AA turrets, no skygaurds no AA launchers, no ESF's with missiles, or just leading guns from a top down view point..which is easy to do when someone is strafing a tank.

How man people actually fly? When you're in the air, you might as well be flying a banner saying "Man/boy love is the best love". Everyone is trying to shoot you down. And you are extremely vulnerable when you strafe tanks.

It happens man. He beat the odds, he got a good run. I drive MBT's all the damn time, and I also fly ESF's and yeah, sometimes..you get smoked. Others, and more commonly, they botch the run, and get picked off, or even never bother me again. I hop out and get some free EXP.

Let's go ahead and nerf the rocket pods. Let's allow tank colums to be an unstoppable force. It's hard enough to contend with them as it is. Yes you can completely tie up a squad or platoon with launchers running HA, or try to push tanks out of a base like Jagers.. And then lose adjacency..focusing on pumping more men into fight.

I occasionally get lucky and get a good pass on one.. but generally I have to cut it short and bug out from flak fire, lockons, or another ESF.
  4. Jac70

In a word 'no'. Rockets are stupidly overpowered. That's why you see ESFwhores going 80/0.

Question is will anything be done about it.
  5. Cyridius

ESFs are too easy to use in between bases. At a base fight against an organised force it's quite different. The transitionary period where armour is moving from point A to B(And thus is at it's most vulnerable) is where ESFs have a field day.
  6. H0urg1ass

Something has already been done about it.

It's called Air to Air missiles. Put some on a plane of your own and shoot them down. Rocket Pod equipped aircraft don't stand a chance against target locking missiles unless the person with A2AM is just a terrible baddie.
  7. Azurres

As a magrider driver i'm fine with the way ESFs are atm. A lot of the times i'm in a position where i can magburn and be ok. Good pilots will get me though. Infantry is currently so helpless i feel kind of cheap getting stats like 100/0 mowing down infantry even with the current ESFs around. Some fighters don't even target me because they'd rather grind infantry for certs like it's the only thing that matters.
  8. DirkDeadeye

Yeah, I generally focus on sundies with my rockets. An MBT kill is nothing compared to hitting the lottery and killing 10 people reviving or w/e around a sundie.
  9. WolfA4

Frankly, it doesn't matter what you think. It's a fact. You obviously have not tested it, but it's already been shown in the vehicle forum through video proof.

Difficult is relative. It happens, that's the point. You are obviously ok with it since you are not on the receiving end.
  10. Skadi

Actualy 4 shots = 8. they fire 2 at a time.
  11. Jac70

It's simple, the most mobile unit has the most effective weapon, That's stupid, end of story.
    • Up x 1
  12. DirkDeadeye

You ever drive a prowler?
  13. Dtswiss

Does no one invest in a tank shield these days ??? I know on NC you're basically immune for 5 to 8 seconds depending on the level of it. If u start to get damage from rocket pods, pop your shield it right away.

Sure he will maybe get 1 pair of rockets off on u (maybe 20-25% damage)

Its useful in tanks battles or any battles, always fun seeing people shoot at u and wondering why u aint taking damage.

It think its available once every 45 secs on max lvl

So basically every 38 secs u can be immune
  14. Skadi

Not sure if this is worth responding to.
  15. DirkDeadeye

Probably isn't considering I didn't quote you.
  16. Skadi

So it doesnt make sense to respond to posts that dont quote you?
    wut.
  17. Zizzo

Rocket pod damage is fine. The biggest problem is that it takes two Skyguards or two Maxes with bursters to effectively kill one ESF. Having just one means the ESF has time to hover, fire a salvo of rockets, and fly away to repair.
  18. DirkDeadeye

Given that what you had said implied you had an obligation to respond. Also, not contributing anything to the conversation.

You're either young, not very bright, or you're trolling. So, with that in mind. You have a wonderful day.
  19. Skadi

At this point neither are you, also you implied a prowler is more mobile than a ESF
    Which implys you yourself have not used one for more than camping a spawnroom.
    Oh restorting to calling me a kid and quiting already?
    K.
  20. Windreaper

Meh, just stop playing the UP ground pounders and get into the air tanks like the devs intended.