Is any one else Losing intrest in the game with the worthless updates

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pr0methesus, Aug 10, 2014.

1. GoldstarIV

I like the way you think.. Sadly SoE and most of the remaining playerbase only want fast frequent kills and the game to be centered around the individual via certs (the main goal in the game.. "farm certs, farm certs.. CERTS!")..
  2. DatVanuMan

Hey, buddy! This is PS2! If you liked that crap from 2003, it is a free to play game now! Go, play like the wind, and don't turn this game into that piece of confusing idiocy!
    • Up x 1
  3. Haquim

Dude, the point of a game is to waste time as enjoyable as possible. Maybe, if you're the competitive type, to compare your skills with other players over the world. But thats it, games are games because they are pointless. If there was a use to them it would be called "training" "practice" or "work".
    And for me PS2 is doing that admirably - although this weeks patches kinda annoy me.
  4. John_Aitc

I really like this game. Even with nothing to "do" in the game, I find myself always wanting to play it.

I hope that most things posted that seem angry are just players expressing their passion for the game and hopes that it will keep getting better and not die.
    • Up x 1
  5. Tyrant103

Only thing thats making me loose is the large number of vehicles and horrible reg/lag.

I can't deal with the lag and reg, I end up voicing my concerns in a not so nicely way.
    Alot of the people I kill are either shooting at my 4 second shadow and haven't saw me at all, of-course you may ask, why would this bother you? Well, sometimes, I'm on the other side of the killfeed.

Vehicles? FOR EXAMPLE. Yesterday on my TR alt at Cobalt, I deployed to a 1-12/1-12 region.

There were 7 NC Lightnings 1 NC Sundy and 1 Vanguard. Ghost capping? well, they kept loosing the point to 1 infiltrator because they never left their vehicles.

And on my main VS, Regent Rock Garrison. The NC were fighting us for an unbelievably long time in one hex, over a dozen vehicles and even with shelling our shields on the upper tower, they still failed to capture the region. I politely commented on why they never left their vehicles even when they are killing anyone of-course.

In the end I believe it was ghost capped at the end of the night.
  6. Munq

Quite frankly, lost interest long time ago. Ever since it has been false promises, false hope and just fooling yourself that the game will ever be even remotely compelling and fun like Planetside 1 was.

They want to make a different game. That's fine. Just don't call it Planetside, please. This game will never be what it was. If you want glorified team deathmatch without kill limits and winners, "Planetside" 2 is your game. Obviously it isn't mine. I prefer Quake, Tribes and Counterstrike whne I want my TDM.
    • Up x 1
  7. OldMaster80

What this guy said. I don't think Last update was needed and resources revamp needs the second part to be complete (vvehicle spam thumbs down) but I'm sul here after 2 years and I LOVE PS2. Im now on holiday and Im looking forward to be back to kick nc and vs again.
  8. Peg

This is PS 0.5 and you'd think lessons learned previously woudn't have to be learnt again, apparently not.
    • Up x 1
  9. uhlan

SOE's apparent intention was to make an FPS worthy of the competitive gaming community.

They apparently thought to utilize PS1's ready made following to establish a solid base with an eye toward the PS4.

Their decision to use the F2P model and Player Studio was to assist in making the game run as close to autopilot as possible.

The problems with these decisions is they used the Planetside name, but left out the spirit of its predecessor almost completely.

Planetside doesn't lend itself well to competitive gaming for many reasons and the devs have found themselves having to reduce the scope of the game to drive it into that universe.

This is why we have so many issues with scale and so many ham-handed approaches at leveling the playing field.

It hasn't been the regular optimization or balance changes found in other games, but a continuous process of trying to fit square pegs in round holes.

The long process of "balancing" the game while trying to maintain two different communities of players with different ideas about what Planetside 2 should be has taken nearly two solid years of post launch development.

There are numerous issues with the game from the base density on the map to the resource system to its basic simplicity and lack of depth.

The map alone is a HUGE obstacle to decent gameplay all by itself. It simply doesn't allow the game to scale properly.

All of the things above receive very little attention and it is exactly those things that are key to making the game retain players and grow it further.

The problem with this is that it would take a ton of effort to change those basic elements and I don't know it the devs have the backing to do so this late in the game.
    • Up x 1
  10. MasterCheef

I sometimes wished they didnt call this planetside so we wouldnt have to hear all of the useless whining about it not being exactly like ps1.

PS1 was a game that was mildly on my radar. Get over it already. Most of us playing PS2, dont care about ps1 anymore. Enjoy the game for what it is. There are 1000s of ways you could make this game better, but there are 1000s of ways you can make EVERY game better.
  11. Champagon

SOE is trying, well playing "catch up" really to time wasted in the previous year. It seemed like they were appeasing the COD/BF market, and they did for a while, but the vets seemed to have made up the meat of this game. Since most of them have left (a loyal fanbase BTW) they are attempting to head towards more PS1 esque systems in order to bring us back.

I believe they will get there eventually as they are now heading in a better direction before. The real question is, will this be too little too late? it's crazy how this game will be going into about 2 and a half years of being live.
  12. Peebuddy

If you want worthless updates look at GTAV, this is actually something.
  13. DatVanuMan

This is PS FREAKING 2. Better than any PS1.
  14. KnightCole

Losing interest? More like lost....

It was a pretty fun game a year ago. When hit detect was alot more spot on. When every fight wasnt a zergy, air filled derp fest. When I could venture out of the tower I spawn in and NOT being plastered from every direction by rockets, tanks, planes...and w/e else. When stopping for a split second didnt equal a Parallax to the head. When tanks could actually do something. when I could spawn and drive said tank and not have it blown to bits by air. When the ping was actually workable.

Now its just endless nerfs, performance is ****, zergy nonsense everywhere. Cont locks....this new spammy resource system...NS everything. Yeah, this game has lost what little point it did have. Taking a base or losing a base...whats it even matter? The clueless TKers, the cheaters, real of imagined. The random glitchy suicides, where I tap a flat level ground with my tank and it blows up. Where I hit a pole and it blows up. Where harassers can circle jerk tanks, pretty effectively.

I used to like to hoof it around the continents, it was kinda immersive, hiking about Auraxis. Now its just a redeployfest, any attempts to travel any other way are promptly met with Liberator Therapy.

And yeah....I dont see this game getting better in the future...which is sad. I did quite enjoy this game. Like Battlefield2, which is my favorite shooter, on steriods. Gun play feels really good.....but overall, this game became very...meh...
  15. Peg

Naaah, I can't believe just how many concepts they left out. This game is almost like a linear rail shooter, except with other players.

They already had so many great concepts they could have implimented easily, yet 2 years after the game is released they are only just added stuff that should have been in from the beginning. Maybe in a different form or what ever.

I don't travel from one base to another in this game, I just load it. Like, whats the point of the whole map then?

PS1 had a lot of problems, it got slowly better, but it's concepts and mechanics were solid enough, excluding core combat and BFR's ofc.
    • Up x 1
  16. DatVanuMan

Well, that's your belief, and I can respect that:). Planetside 1 was horrible to me:confused: Too confusing, too lackluster, BFRs ruined it, the action wasn't satisfying, I had no idea how to get certs, no idea how many I had... It took me four years to understand the whole game, but then I had enough. When PS2 came out, it was just... BEAUTIFUL. PS2 is without doubt the BEST game I have ever played and am playing. The gameplay is perfect, and the only three things it could use to become even better are improved netcode, more asymmetric balance to make the factions more distinct and unique, and battle islands. I loved battle islands:3