Is any one else Losing intrest in the game with the worthless updates

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pr0methesus, Aug 10, 2014.

1. DrPapaPenguin

The only thing I'm sour about is the latency on Miller post-merge. At prime time it's nigh on unplayable, with ping jumps between 100 and 500 for me (whereas it used to be 60-80) and waiting for 5 mins to log in only to be disconnected.

Also - aiming with HEAT rounds is really not that hard :p
  2. detomasoSconX

post merge on cobalt: ping btw. 100 and 1500...no go! normally i have btw. 45 and 60. sony has to push the servers
  3. Kravix

After weeks of playing for almost 6-8 hours per day, I lost my intrest and quitted few hours after patch was inplemented.
    • Up x 1
  4. Thesweet

Rockets never killed infantry in ps1 either, in fact it was pointless even trying to kill infantry with rockets.mit took forever. But they did work well on armour.

I agree with the weapons all starting to look alike. I get bored of weapons that are almost standard in any game these days. Soflam was amazing when bf3 came out, but since then I hanvnt seen any new weapons systems that are new and fun.
    • Up x 1
  5. FieldMarshall

I liked the directives update. Though i quickly lost hope of completing some of them when i saw some of the one you have to complete, like deployed AMS kills (i have yet to kill 1 apparently) and 1160 lockon kills minimum for the final launcher tier.
    Not to mention the impossible one (Exceptional), unless you are lucky enough to have 5 real weapons you can use.

All in all, loosing interest because things just seem so boring.
    (Sorry, cant repair you now because i competed my repair directive and working on my turret grind... Sorry, i have to wait for you to take damage so i can killsteal. Have to get my Medic Savior Directive done.)
    • Up x 2
  6. Goretzu

Adapt.
  7. p10k56

One can count on new unbalanced contend then balance patch and constant infiltrator buff:cool:
  8. Nurath

The latest patch has sorta dulled my interest in the game (too mindless and farmy now) even if I admit it's more convenient to pull whatever I want when I want. There's no challenge, no meaning. At least when I pulled a prowler, keeping it alive mattered and killing enemy stuff likewise served a purpose, and taking a base had some meaning (resource boost to us, denying resources to the enemy).

Then again I am worried that the majority of people apparently like it this way, thus increasing the player base (in the short term).

But at what cost?
    • Up x 1
  9. Astealoth

The game feels really alive right now at all hours. It seems overall liked by the playing community. As far as updates go, there really isn't that much hate floating around on the forum. A lot more people are actually just playing and enjoying things as they are. Some other updates have seen a golden age of rage spam on the forums compared to this one. Not many people bother to come to the forums to say, hey great job I'm having fun this update. Forums will always seems disproportionately negative.

Personally I like the directives, like the new resources, and like the idea behind lower lethality against infantry for some of the highly abused explosives. None of it is perfect and will be tweaked, but in a broad sense it all seems to play pretty well.
    • Up x 2
  10. Demigar

"Worthless updates"? I like the directives system. It's a nice way to show other players that you have put some effort into your character but at the same time doesn't punish new players that are month away from getting the unlocks.
    • Up x 1
  11. Scure

The problem is the overnerf. Complaining about too strong bulldog galaxy? Hell, all the bulldogs costs certs. The galaxy costs a lot of nanites. Its a freakin big aircraft with a lot of players in it, what did you except? This thing should be really strong, don't overbalance everything, OMG... :(
    • Up x 1
  12. Luke15g

13. Ash87

This.
  14. Alizona

Some games I eagerly await each update. Minecraft and Kerbal Space Program are two examples. The updates bring new and exciting features, and make the game interesting again.

Other games, I dread each update, knowing that the update will change things, not necessarily for the better. PS2 is an example, such as when the lattice system was installed, putting an "open-world" game more on auto-pilot. And "good old Amerish" became something that wasn't really as good as it was before. I miss the old Amerish, it was my favorite continent but now it's just another continent (that I can't even play on every day).

To say I'm "losing interest" would be incorrect. But I certainly don't eagerly await the updates and view them like it's a Christmas morning present under the tree. More the opposite. Hossin update was the only exception, but that was the one update that brought a new and exciting feature - a new continent.
    • Up x 2
  15. Pikachu

The problem is that there hasn't been any interesting game released since Space Marine for me. :( PS2, Soul Calibur 3 on emulator and Brutal Doom are the only games that interest me for a long time.
  16. iller

The only unwarranted buff Infiltrators ever got was being given SMGs
  17. void666

But... but i want to one shot it with my sniper rifle. It's not fair. Why would a big *** vehicle armed to the teeth be stronger than my infiltrator?
    • Up x 1
  18. Rostklump

Checkout Eternal Crusade, its basically Space Marine with large scale pvp battles like Planetside.
    Not released yet and wont be for quite a while but if you like Spacemarine and Planetside i would be very surprised if you wont like it.

You can see some pre-alpha gameplay here.
  19. Noktaj

My only complain is this stupid "adversarial" alert system.

It prevent continent rotation, spawn rotation, and good continental fights just because they don't want a continent to be locked if some faction manage to win an alert by 1%.
    That was EXACTLY what was making them interesting: the trill to win or lose last second because of a close fight.
    WE ARE ALL BACK TO INDARSIDE AGAIN.
    Fix that PLEASE.

And you can tell if somebody is gonna win or if it is going to be a draw even mid-alert.
    Victory conditions are silly high even with today "fix".
  20. p10k56

Wright cloaking is also not very pleasant considering that one can easily run over even MAX with cloaked flash.