INRV scope THE CHEATED SCOPE !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, Jan 28, 2013.

1. {joer

All I saw were normal kills at mostly close range, and not a headshot fest. I have no idea what the issue is, its not different than any other sight in that.

Could you maybe point out the time of one of these kills that would be impossible without the NV scope?
  2. HyperMatrix

Your English is poor, and your lack of understanding is even worse. Keep re-pasting the exact same post over and over again while ignoring the tests done with Jetpack, Drifter Jetpack, Jumping, Full-Auto Firing, all showing EXACTLY IDENTICAL BULLET SPREAD between IRNV and Other scopes. You are arguing that your gut feeling on the matter is stronger than the FACTS and EVIDENCE showing that you are wrong. For proof, I'm going to re-post the videos that show VERY CLEARLY that you are WRONG.

The video you posted DOES NOT SHOW HIM SHOOTING. It leads you to BELIEVE something that YOU ARE NOT SHOWN may be true. You choose to believe that, but ignore ACTUAL FACTS AND PROOF in front of you.
  3. Xizwhoa

You guys are cheating and exploiting because you use this scope. I don't think you even know what cheating and exploiting really means... I use this scope at night because it is the only scope that even allows you to see you enemy, especially while firing. Report me for using it and I think you'll find that I won't be banned after they look to see that I'm merely using something I had to use certs for...

Argue that it's op, not that it's exploiting/cheating, it makes you look like toolbags.
    • Up x 2
  4. Stew360

No ones as ever said anything about nigth vision itself , nigth vision are great , but the scopes is basically cheated because the mechanics thats come with it are exploitables and unfair , if you did not notice it then i dont know whats to say ;)

5. JohnnyMaverik

All the ones where he is jumping up and down on the spot, not impossible, but impossible to do it like that.
  6. Stew360

Ive been forced to make my own video so their it is

All those video to me are biased and they do not comprehend the real problems behind all this , the scope do not change the RAW data of the weapons its all about handleling and how easy it is to negate the recoils and avoid the current game mechanics and balistics atached to the weapons and sigths

My videos show everything with my poor english ;)

While jetpacking its impossible with all others scopes to sustain fire over a mooving taget , but it is with the INRV , also its impossible to bunny hope and ADS at a mooving target with anyscope but you can with Inrv , its impossible to sustain this degree of accuracy and headshot ratio with any others scopes at any range but it is with the INRV

if after thats you dont see the point ... its time to give up ;)
  7. t31os

First video, very little bunnyhopping, none during fighting that i saw(only saw jumping whilst avoiding fire).

Second video, the test was not reproduced the same between each scope, but their certainly appears to an advantage there(the crosshair appears in it's regular spot instead of jumping upward).

Third video, the guy specifically states he has the forward grip and a compensator on the gun with the NV scope, yet doesn't have them on the stock gun. Both the forward grip and compensator reduce recoil, so this video doesn't prove anything because a stock gun without these things is hardly a fair comparison.
  8. Xizwhoa

You're all just mad because he found out you all cheat and exploit and you should be banned for playing the game using the tools SOE gave you to play them.

The problem is people actually listen to this kind of ****.
  9. Linedan

That's all I've been saying. I've lost track of what the OP is saying in between his rants.

When you jump using iron sights or a reflex sight, the sight goes all over the screen and it is virtually impossible to ADS during the jump animation.

When you jump using a full-screen overlay sight, the sight stays perfectly fixed and you can ADS the entire time. The resulting COF may be higher, I'm not doubting that, but the actual jumping motion is predictable and can be compensated for because your sight picture is not moving. Whereas with a reflex sight, not only is your body moving, the gun and sight are bouncing all over the place so your sight picture is not consistent.

So while you won't have the same accuracy as if you were standing still, using the IR/NV sight while jumping will give you far better accuracy than you would have with a non-full-screen overlay sight. That's not disputable. You can get that higher COF on target, compensate for the bouncing motion, and get more hits. Combine that with the hitbox issues that some people report while firing on jumpers and people doing the ADADADADAD dance, and that's why bunnyhoppers drive people nuts.

I don't consider the IR/NV a cheater scope by any means. I use it at night for its intended purpose of, uh, seeing things at night. I don't like it in the daytime because I can't spot at distance and it's disorienting to me. The only thing I personally think full-screen overlay scopes need are for the eyepoint to come off the scope while jumping. That's it. For all I care, you could leave the eyepoint on the scope while jetpacking as an LA, that'd be fine. Just pull the eye off the scope on takeoff and landing and if doing a non-jet-assisted jump.

I don't get why people are defending this. I'm not screaming and ranting about it like the OP is, I just think all the sights should act the same way in the same circumstance, that's all. If you can't fire accurately at medium range while bunnyhopping using a 1x reflex because the sight's wobbling everywhere, you shouldn't be able to do it using an IR/NV. That's all I'm saying. What's unreasonable about that?
    • Up x 2
  10. Stew360

Their entire video are OFF topics because they dont talk or comprenhend the rigth thing , i think they tough thats the INRV could change the RAW data of the guns but it do not change the raw data but it change a lots of thing on the handleling part and recoils handleling etc..

The INRV do not change RAW data it (( virtually )) buff the accuracy because the scope itself do not share the same mechanics as others sigths, the visual feedback of the inrv make it virtually more accurate

This video show whats important almost about the issue

Also its impossible to shoot a mooving target while ADS with any scopes while jumping or jetpacking , but it is possible to be accurate and track a mooving target with ease with the INRV scope and it also reduce the FLInch mechanics effects so the INRV is basically a bypass over any mechanics thats share all others scopes
  11. Linedan

I don't know if I'd throw the words "exploit" and "cheat" around for this. It's a bit of a screwup on SOE's part in giving us two completely different kinds of sights--the ones that are part of the weapon model itself (iron and red dots) and the ones that are basically a separate screen that toggles on when you right-mouse-button (sniper scopes and IR/NV). The unintended consequence of that is that the full-screen scopes don't react the same way to movement as the ones actually bolted onto the weapon. It's not a bug, it's a design choice, and turning out to be a rather poor one with a couple of bad unintended consequences.
  12. {joer

You get points for persistence, but you still are wrong. I'm not going to be making a video being I'm not at home, but the reflex scope is the best for jet packing. Its stable and you have a bigger FOV. Of course you still can't hit anything because THE SPREAD DOESN'T CHANGE, outside of pure luck.
  13. yama

Interesting, my original reply to this was just deleted.

ON TOPIC:
    The HS/NV scope does not change anything about your gun, what it does do is allow you to ADS while jumping. maybe the scope should flicker while hopping around to compensate for this. But that is all that is wrong here.

OFF TOPIC:
    Again, I want to voice my concern about these kind of threads and that the issue described is not existent really.

Stew will find a small issue, "hey I can look at my target while jumping" and then blows it out of proportion.
    He keeps making these threads since the beta. Some of us learned to recognize the pattern.

Because this is the internet and some people do not check their facts before agreeing wit this he gets his audience.
    • Up x 2
  14. Stew360

Truth is INRV scope can be exploits in many ways i CAN USE millions of video footage of the one and only Buzzcut psycho thats i can use to proove a point and i can make tons of videos in combat situation to also proove the point and i alredy have proove the point and the truth those who dont understand are those who dont want the scope to be change or fix

THE TRUTH IS : The INRV do not change RAW data it (( virtually )) buff the accuracy because the scope itself do not share the same mechanics as others sigths, the visual feedback of the inrv make it virtually more accurate
  15. Stew360

You cant sustain fire while jetpacking with a reflex sigth at a mooving target , you simply cant At 4:20 in this video you can clearly see thats even if the target dont even more the shot will go all over the place while ADS , unlike the INRV because the overlay is statics so ytou can easyly compensate for ennemy moovement and weapons recoils bloom and so on

this video is another great exemple of the INRV scope Accuracy bypass
  16. Linedan

The problem isn't COF. We know the COF and all the other gun data doesn't change when you change sights and do the same physical actions (ADS, jump, run, crouch, whatever). I get that.

The problem is that your virtual eye stays glued to the crosshairs of an IR/NV scope through the entire jump, and it doesn't on an iron or reflex red dot sight that's actually part of the weapon model. The gun still bounces around during the jump but your eye doesn't. So you can compensate for the jumping motion, and keep the crosshairs on your target. If you try the same maneuver with a reflex sight, you don't have a consistent sight picture so it's extremely difficult to aim properly, even though you've still got the same COF and you're still technically ADS with the RMB held down. All I'm saying is that the IR/NV and similar full-screen-overlay sights should work the same way as a reflex sight. The IR/NV gets singled out because with a 4x+ sight, chances are you're not going to be trying to hit somebody while jumping because they're so far away. But the IR/NV is a close/medium-range 1x sight that gets used at the ranges where you can run and jump and keep the crosshairs on a man-sized target, and keep him within the expanded COF.

And it's not a non-existent issue. Take a look around during your play at the number of HAs in particular that run around bunnyhopping (or "doing the Super Mario," if "bunnyhopping" offends because it's not CS 1.6 bunnyhopping).
    • Up x 1
  17. r3su

Just to close off my involvement with this thread by commenting on the content of your video: You can compensate for recoil and burst fire using any sight, pulling down on your mouse is not a HS/NV specific feature. The recoil you have to compensate for is also not effected in any way by equipping the HS/NV sight, as we once again proved with our videos. If there is any difference in how much you have to pull down to compensate, it's possible that when using the HS/NV sight the game uses your scoped mouse sensitivity setting instead of your base sensitivity. If that's the case simply change that to the same as the base mouse sensitivity or scale that up to meet your scoped sight sensitivity. These settings can be found under Settings>General. The reason we did not compensate for recoil was to prove there was no hard stat change, and you proved yourself there is no "((virtual))" stat change.

/thread
  18. {joer

The funny part is that none of you get bunny hopping in PS2.

You can't shoot accurately. Its a bit easier with the NV since you don't get the scope sway, but you still don't hit crap.

The reason you bunny hop in PS2 is to increase the TTK for the other guy. Even the slower firing weapons empty their clips FAST in PS2, so you hop, he misses a few times and blows his clip, you pop him while he reloads.

Unless you are very close you won't hit anything bunnyhopping and if you are that close then the sight doesn't matter its just spray and pray.

Threads like this make me mad because the real use of the NV scope is to see in the dark. You know the dark where the VS have a HUGE MOTHER BLASTING advantage over the other factions. I like to see them. I don't want something nerfed due to misinformation (and I don't trust SOE on this one) and then suddenly I can't see VS in the dark anymore while they see me just fine.

This is not acceptable.
  19. r3su

Then stop bumping the thread.
  20. {joer

Yea its my fault :rolleyes: