In his recent Broadcast Interview, Adam Clegg admits "The NC is the most handicapped, hosed empire"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Smokeshot, Jan 24, 2013.

1. hellin

Seems to be confirmed. It is seen that in the jump almost be rejected sight. So apparently the same trick. This sight indeed significantly reduces recoil.
    Who do not believe can deliver and see.
  2. Hosp

People take their factional roleplaying hatred too far too often. It doesn't allow them to see objectively. And while getting what's best for their empire is on everyone's mind, get it too often and you break the game.
  3. Marked4Death

Higby is that you?
  4. SturmovikDrakon

It's not "bugged". IRNV uses the same scope design as all the NC sniper scopes, which are not 3D, they're just an image. That's why it doesn't bounce up and down whenever you jump

I suspect it's just an oversight on their part.
    • Up x 1
  5. fish998

The point is the dev team will all talk about faction balance among themselves and most likely he's not reporting his own opinion but the group consensus. Probably everyone as SOE shares his opinion.

I know playing my VS secondary last night I had a much easier time vs NC than vs TR.

At least fix the Reaver so NC can have some air cover.
  6. Zorlox

you haven't checked in a long time then. 1942 and vietnam are the only ones to use hitscan

now i'm not agreeing or disagreeing with what nc is but a level designers input is worth the same as the average person playing the game, doesn't mean all that much.
  7. {joer

On my server the NC's problem is leadership. They normally have a population advantage on us, yet I've had players tell me that their outfits often wait for people to leave so they can cap empty continents.
  8. sunflight

As bad-*** as the Hacksaw is, I can't tell you how often I can get clowned at medium range by enemies of any class clipping me with shots while running away.

If your tears are flowing due to NC max then you, for the most part, are simply unwilling to accept the fact that shotguns exist and they are effective in their design.

NC Max has a narrow situation of efffectiveness. Don't put yourself in that position... Protect ya god damn neck.
    • Up x 1
  9. Torkz

I think you guys may be misconstruing friendly banter about the faction Adam plays with true fact but do your thing I suppose. Either way Clegg was a blast to Interview.
    • Up x 3
  10. Zerlu

Being able to aim while zoomed in with a scope is pretty big damned oversight.

I don't know how many times I've had an LA go zipping past me 20ft in the air and land nothing but head shots.

Note: I'm not asking for them to nerf LA. I'm asking for them to fix their scopes.
  11. Torkz

I appologize for the volume of the interview. Shouldn't be an issue in the future.
  12. Thornton14

How about you learn to aim a rifle an stop complaining like a 16 year old girl
  13. Jurav

The issue here is NOT the Guass Saw. that is pretty much the only infantry weapon that is not totally borked for the NC.

Try doing the calcs on carbine higher tiered weapons. My VS carbines are way better than my NC carbines.
  14. {joer

Only you still get the accuracy penalty. This is one of those whines by poor players who think they lost because the other guy somehow had an edge they didn't. You don't bunny hop to kill in this game, you bunny hop when you get surprised hoping they have poor aim, blow their clip and you kill them while they reload.
  15. {joer

The VS carbines are way better than the TR carbines as well. TR actually gets the shaft more often in weapons than NC does. Yet people still think the carv is like the most awesome LGM evar.... sigh.
  16. dumbo

Jumping causes artificial movements in 3d scopes, making aiming difficult. The IRNV scope is not a 3d model, so it does not suffer the major penalty. In practice that isn't particularly useful.

"Headshot flinch" causes artificial movement in 3d scopes, making aiming difficult...
  17. Shazbotacus

Ironic, because "easy mode" is exactly what I said when I've played an NC alt and used a Gauss SAW, ScatMAX, or basically half of their other infantry weapons. Only thing I agree with on them being underpowered is the Vanguard. That thing is hilariously bad.
  18. Bloodlet

Sounds like Mattherson.
  19. LordMondando

Yes but in comparison to the Compensator, its change to vertical is barely noticeable.

and given the NC weapons have little to no horizontal recoil, the net effect therefore, is less reduction to recoil.

Also I note you've not engage with my point about recoil being cumulative.

Also statz
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AuOojvNLMApVdEtIU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&gid=12
  20. Sharmanti

Hahahahahaha.

NC:

one of the best CQC carbines. Split place with vanu.
    The best mid/long range weapons in the game
    1v1 vanguard beats prowler.
    Max facemelter shotgun nuclear launch BOOM strip flesh from bone in half a shot

"people who get kills with NC have the most skill" hahaha. Omg, please, you have 0.5 KDR. Not to mention the previous statements. Believe it or not, the NC has a ******* carbine with 850 rounds per minute. It annihilates everything. No TR gun will win over this in CQC

High power slow firing machineguns. Let's go berzerk in CQ with them! That's the NC mentality. You realise how ******** that is? These weapons will win over TR weapons at range. They have higher velocity too if I am not mistaken. Easier yet to hit stuff from range.

Then we have the shotguns. Omg, there's one thing in this game that can clear a whole biolab with a single shot, Scattergun MAX. See one, within 30 meters or so. Instadead. Within 50 meters, you'll live for 2 seconds.

Also, had higher KDR with my NC than TR. Was too easy, switched to UP faction to get some challenges.