In his recent Broadcast Interview, Adam Clegg admits "The NC is the most handicapped, hosed empire"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Smokeshot, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Xae

NC recoil, even for the Gauss SAW is about +-5%, depending on length of fire, per damage done.

The Gauss Saw with Advanced Foregrip and Comp has significantly less recoil than a Carv or Orion per damage. The cumulative ~35% for all "three" recoil reductions puts the Saw at .35 Recoil per shot, a foregrip Orion/Carv (can't use comp or advanced foregrip) puts them at .36 Recoil per shot.

So base:
    Saw: 200/.55 = 363 Damage per Recoil Unit
    Orion/Carv: 143/.4 = 335 Damage per Recoil Unit
    ~7-8% Diff, not favorable to the NC

Upgraded:
    Saw: 200/.35 = 571 Damage per Recoil Unit
    Orion/Carv: 143/.36 = 397 Damage per Recoil Unit
    This is a ~40% diff, favoring the NC.
    • Up x 1
  2. Drsexxytime

Curious here, but what's a more effective route? Just sit idly by and hope the devs catch onto it? Or do you think the devs would be more like "well, they're not saying anything, must be fine". Make one thread a month and hope it's seen?

Or are you just another internet tough-guy gaming god who likes to belittle out of fun or enjoys their comfy edge they have over others?
  3. hellin

How to say that it is only observed with the eye. But with it is not visible at great distances. I'd have used it if it were not in the zone of visibility of 20 meters.
  4. Alesteex

He needs to stop worrying about faction balance and focus on his horrendous base designs.
    • Up x 1
  5. Yerk

That Night Vision scope is bugged. It removes all accuracy penalties when aiming down sight. I don't use it but I've seen a video when a player can jump up and down and not get accuracy penalty at all and shoot like they are standing still. And I believe it's the same guy, BuzzCutPsycho, who published that video complete with Ironsight comparison lol.

Edit: Oh here it is:

6. Hosp

If you kids wanna smacktalk Clegg about his (lack of) skill, I see that as fine. However, he is the dev responsible for the more defensible outposts in the game. So if you don't want to find the outposts/bases near your warpgates suddenly less defensible than they already are...you'd best show some respect.
    • Up x 5
  7. SturmovikDrakon

He designed the interiors of the BIOLABS and had a hand in the Crown
    You know, the most defensible bases in PS2?
    Amp stations (the one with the stupid holes) and tech plants weren't his responsibility
    • Up x 4
  8. Vortok

I made a TR character with the intention of being HA/MAX focused. Should've made a NC, but the TR MAX looks cooler to me (though the white camo on the NC MAX is pretty sweet). Oh well, not like TR is in a particularly bad spot.
  9. maxkeiser

Tbh I've found the NC guns to be totally deadly at close/medium range. When playing against NC, if I let them see me first I die - their guns just rip through people at close/medium range. Hence the NC holding and winning biolab battles (it's not just the NC max).

I don't realistically think you could give them more damage. the TTK is already o.1 of a second with those seriously powerful NC weapons.
  10. LordMondando

I
    Think your neglectingvthe fact that recoil increases more with each shot.

Also that bc guns have negligible horizontal recoil thus rendering liitle advantage beyond the cokpensator which not all guns have.

I'm on a phone so having keep arguments brief.
  11. Isila

HR/NV scopes don't sway off-target when jumping and ADS'd (that needs to be fixed, BTW, but it may be a while as the HR/NV is different from every other optic in that it's just a screen overlay rather than a true ironsight), but that's it. They have standard behavior when ADS'd on the ground. And all players from all factions have access to them, so refusing to use them is your own fault. The point, as you can see, is that the Gauss SAW absolutely shreds people if you can aim. There is nothing in that video that is unavailable to or not doable by any NC player.
  12. hellin

TR
    (0.4 * 2+((0.4-0.12) * (n-1)))+(0.1+(0.1 * (n-1))) and the same only (0.4 * 2+((0.4 -0.12) * (n-1))) - (0.1+(0.1 * (n-1))) for spread of bullet in the opposite direction of the impact.
    NC
    (0.55 * 1.65+((0.55-0.13) * (n-1)))+(0+(0.14 * (n-1))) and the same only (0.55 * 1.65+((0.55-0.13) * (n-1)))-(0+(0.14 * (n-1))) for spread of bullet in the opposite direction of the impact.
    This not the whole calculation. There is one part of the formula is not clear with respect to "Recoil Decrease". But how it will deal with the formula will be more accurate.

PS. I think SOE has long been aware of the problem and they are trying to solve is not due to the characteristics of weapons and by changes in the mechanics of the world. This may explain therefore after some patches sometimes seems weapon behaves differently.
  13. Phyr

Where did you get numbers for attachments?
  14. Xae

The tooltip is wrong.
    Foregrips reduce vertical recoil and horizontal recoil. Compensator does the same.

There is a number of videos floating around youtube.
    The short version is that each addon does ~10% each, but that the stacking is "weird" and 10+10 = 25, probably due to some rounding.
  15. SturmovikDrakon

have you even played the last two Battlefield games?
  16. Cinc

Smedly - PRESIDENT OF SOE

higby - CREATIVE DIRECTOR OF PS2

thats the 2 highest ranking positions, period.
  17. Cinc

Ok, i just read the whole 1st page. I think your entire argument is now invalid.
  18. Hosp

I think i saw on PSU he also did, or had a hand in, Skydock Scarred Mesa and Vanu Archives. You know, the bases you can't fling MBTs at. (though there was that 1 vid of the Mag getting onto Skydock o_O) To lazy to double check though.
  19. orthus2

I love how once a dev prefers nc over the other two, he gets told he doesn't know anything and is horrible at his job.
  20. Bloodlet

I honestly am beginning to think that NC guns just take some getting used to. This weekend I was playing my now BR 15 NC and could barely keep a 1.0 k/d ratio. Yesterday however I was straight murdering people with the default Carbine and the Gauss SAW. Getting the compensator did help for the SAW. Still trying to get extra certs for the foregrips while at the same time needing certs elsewhere for armor upgrades to my classes and vehicles and all that. Anyway I don't think the weapons are as bad as people make them out to be.