In case you were wondering, DBG screwed us over once again.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HAXTIME, Jul 14, 2015.

1. axiom537

Or I suppose you could do that. Point is you have to change either the Fracture or the Pounder, if it is the Pounder, then you need to give it a much flatter trajectory, so you can consistently hit vehicles at range. Personally I think it is easier to adjust the Fractures, since that is already pretty close to its role and functionality, just give them a bit more velocity and a tighter COF and voila you have an AV MAX that is good at hitting vehicles at range. And then we just adjust the splash and AI damage for the pounders and the issue is pretty much solved.

Either way...Each faction should have a long range AV MAX (Ravens, Vortex, Fracture) and a more versatile AV/AI Max (Falcons, Comets, Pounders)

I feel the long range AV needs to be in the MAX and not the smaller infantry unit with an ESRL, is to give vehicles at range a better chance of countering them, MAX's are bigger targets and cost resources...
    • Up x 1
  2. axiom537

It already has it...

Racer + Side Armor + Fire supression + AP max reload + Vulcan

This is one of the most deadly close range tank load outs you could possible have. Last thing the Prowler needs is a buff...
    • Up x 2
  3. Haquim

I can actually agree to this.
    A very deadly loadout, of course absolutely useless when there are some numbers. Unless you have a couple outfit mates who do the same.
  4. iller

Well yah... Stats-wise... that's 100% solid on Paper. ...I'm just not entirely sure it works out that way in practice. I've gunned Enforcer for a Vanguard Outfit long enough to notice a HUGE difference between still easily landing every single shot on a Racer Prowler while missing 2/3's of them against Harassers & LA's... (AP lightnings as-targets being a toss up usually depending on whether I adjusted my vehicle sensitivity down pretty low before gunning)
  5. GhostAvatar

LMFAO, if you think the Fracture has anywhere near that range you are seriously deluded or a really really bad tanker.
    • Up x 1
  6. HAXTIME

This will make the Striker marginally better past close range, and even better at close range: effectively a buff to the Striker's close-range power, in a way that it also slightly extends this close-range to close-mid-range. It will also greatly increase effectiveness against air, despite both TR and DBG saying the buff is and should be against ground vehicles.
  7. axiom537

Not just on paper its a deadly skirmishing build and it is fun. I know some people run stealth as well and drop the fire suppression, because they are smart and flank their targets, jump them from behind and absolutely wreck them in seconds.. With any build you have to play to the build, if you think your going to go head on with a Shield Vanguard then you are going to lose. It's not the vehicle, its the tactics you use while using that vehicle, they all play differently and you have to use them differently depending on your load outs..
    • Up x 1
  8. axiom537

Don't be Obtuse...We are talking about changes to the Fracture, that would help bring it to the level of Ravens and Vortex. I clearly said the Fracture needs a slight velocity buff and an adjustment to its COF, so that it can be a long range AV option, not that it is now.
    • Up x 1
  9. axiom537

Well we shall see...it is getting close to a 20% increase in velocity @ 220 m/s in addition to the increase in acceleration + more damage. I think that's going to make hitting vehicles even out as far as 295m much easier. Any buff against ground vehicles is going to translate into a buff vs Air Vehicles, because of the proxy lock mechanism, that really can not be avoided.

In comparison to the Phoenix I think these changes are reasonable and this should bring the Striker up to the level of the Phoenix. The Lancer is another animal and it needs addressed, separately.
    • Up x 1
  10. HAXTIME

Look, when I'm feeling AVish, I easily eliminate 2-3 deployed Sunderers per minute using Fractures and Lockdown. Hitting any stationary target is just as easy with the Striker too, regardless of range. But something that is moving faster than 3kp/h cannot be even considered a target past 60-80 meters. Neither with Fractures nor the Striker.

It needs a mechanism to increase accuracy at range, not buffs to make it into an uber-berserker up close which capability partly extends to mid range. Laser guidance, target lock-on, coyote against ground instead of air. These are all possible candidates and have been suggested countless times.

We need something that ensures the Striker is just as efficient and effective at long range, as it is at close range.

Unless you remove that said mechanism or modify it to seek ground targets instead, as I mentioned above.
  11. HAXTIME

Without any guidance mechanism it is not a viable long-range option, especially not against moving targets (almost all targets move after a few initial hits), no matter how much you tweak and buff it. Well, not unless you literally double the velocity, because anything below 250-300 m/s is insufficient for effective long-range AV in the dumbfire department.
  12. axiom537

Really you can't lead a moving target past 60-80m....Give me a break...I hit moving vehicles at that range and more with both the decimator and the shrike and they only have velocities of 60 & 80 m/s respectfully and the striker buff is going to be increasing its velocity to 220 m/s. That is only 1 sec. to reach a target 220 m away, which is virtually the same as hitting a moving target with the Deci at 60m. That's going to be a DAMN nice rocket launcher + its getting a damage buff.

I think your issue is you are comparing its range with that of the Lancers and that thing is broken and needs its effective range seriously reduced to match the Phoenix and even then it will still probably be OP.

What you should be using is the Annihilator, because that is the weapon you are describing, it does all the work for you against ground and air. But, no I'm sorry. I agree the striker needs a buff, but what you want is the good old OP Striker "one weapon to rule them all". A Coyote mechanic vs ground vehicles would be incredible OP and would virtually assure you of never missing, besides being able to hit vehicle that are tight behind cover, up to 10m, because those coyote lock ons turn on a dime.
  13. Lena_993

It is not even remotely the same as hitting a target with a deci at 60m.
    - At 60m the hitbox is much bigger
    - Using a deci you only need to hit once
    - CoF makes it a matter of luck to actually hit anything, moving or not, at a 220m distance

They should just remove the Cof on both Fracture and Striker. It doesnt make sense to give the TR long range weapons a disadvantage that makes them unuseable in long range combat.
  14. axiom537

No, it's not the same, but it still gives you a rocket launcher that is going to be easily effective at twice the range of the other dumbfires, and need much less lead time on fast moving vehicles in the 50-150m range, which is going to be much more useful then hitting vehicles beyond 250m since it has 3x the velocity in addition to being even more effective vs Air vehicles. You think the Phoenix is going to be hitting fast moving vehicles beyond 200m, nope. hell it can't hit them up close. It is only the Lancer that has that ability and that weapon needs adjusted down.

I don't know about removing the COF, but I do agree reducing them especially on the Fracture should be done, since I feel that the AV Max platforms are what the 3 factions should be using for long ranged AV engagements vs Vehicles, not hand held infantry rocket launchers.

This change is definitely going to make the Striker a better weapon then it is currently and this will probably bring it on par with the Phoenix, in over all performance. A 20% increase in velocity to 220 m/s, better acceleration, increased damage, those are all very nice changes that is going to make the Striker a stronger weapon. Let's try it out and give it a few months and see what these changes do...And no one is getting screwed...
  15. Lena_993

Of course the buffs won't make the weapon worse but it won't help much in terms of effective distance either. I could give you a 3728m/s velocity weapon and you wouldn't hit a barn door at 100m as long as the cof is bad enough.

Just tried it in VR: 250m distance, a bit elevated position, aiming at the side of a stationary Lightning. After finding the perfect aim to compensate for bullet drop... it hit 1-2 out of 6 rockets. -.-
    So a hit rate of 33% out of a perfect position at a target without cover that let me test out the compensation for bullet drop with some single rocket hits and that doesnt move after getting hit. Now tell me how "useful" it is beyond 250m as soon as the target might move a bit after getting hit or when you have to compensate for bullet drop in actual battle without knowing the exact distance/compensation needed. Using the anti material rifle would be more effective.
    • Up x 1
  16. FateJH

ADS or hipfire?
  17. HAXTIME

First, it's really more than 1 second, beause 220m/s is the terminal velocity of each individual rocket, which is reached from a significantly lower initial speed through acceleration.

Second, compare this abomination to something that is near-perfect accurate at up to 450 meters (Ravens), near-perfect accurate at 300 meters (Phoenix), near-perfect accurate even at 700-800 meters with practice (Lancer). Yes, the Striker can shoot hovering aircraft, rarely score a kill, even (I use it myself in almost all HA loadouts). But it's not AA that it needs to excel at. It's AV. We need AV. Long-range AV.
    • Up x 1
  18. HAXTIME

Yes, in that they can use cover against vehicles as effectively as regular infantry units.
  19. axiom537

I did consider the initial velocity, which has also been increased as well as the acceleration curve, so the time to target beyond 200m is nominally over 1 sec.

Ravens have a range cap of 350m and keep in mind this is a 450 nanite cost AV MAX, which as I have expressed numerous times in this debate is the platform that I feel ALL factions should be using for infantry based long range AV and I strongly support buffing the Fractures to fill this role to match the Ravens and the Vortex in capabilities, and I would definitely consider no COF for those rockets, considering they at best will be flying at half the velocity of the Vortex's. However, This is a separate discussion, unless we also want to bring into the argument the AP lock down Prowler, which is hands down the most powerful and accurate long ranged AV platform in this game.

The Phoenix maybe more accurate on a stationary target in the 200 - 295m range, However, it has some serious drawbacks, such as the user being left completely stationary in a standing position for over 3.5 s at that range and the fact the rocket can be shot down. The Phoenix is a much more situational weapon then the Striker especially after this buff the Striker will be even more versatile in close to mid ranges and a bit better at long range. You can have it every which way, the Striker needs to have some downsides.

The Lancer is a beast and again I have made it abundantly clear that it needs to be toned down.

Lets's Consider a 50% hit rate on a target at 250m, since I will consider a 100% hit rate for the Phoenix, when that is not assured because the rocket can be shot out of the sky and the user is left completely unaware of their surrounding for the 3.25s they are in camera mode. I do concede a 33% hit rate will cause the time to kill for the Striker to be around 39 sec. However, at the same time if at least one rocket from the Phoenix is killed (75% accuracy) then the TTK would be 37 sec or virtually identical to the Striker.

Striker 50% Accuracy @ 250m doing 200 damage/rocket (not sure of damage increase with buff, so I will use old value)
    Volley 1 - Damage 600 Time : 1.2 s ( flight time (1.2 s) + reload (4.2 s))
    Volley 2 - Damage 600 (1200) Time : 6 s
    Volley 3 - Damage 600 (1800) Time : 11.8 s
    Volley 4 - Damage 600 (2400) Time : 17.6 s
    Volley 5 - Damage 600 (3000) Time : *** 23 s*** - Lightening Destroyed

Phoenix 100% Accuracy @ 250m doing 750 damage
    Volley 1 - Damage 750 Time 3.25 s (flight time (3.25 s + reload (5.2 s))
    Volley 2 - Damage 750 (1500) Time 11.7 s
    Volley 3 - Damage 750 (2250) Time 20.15 s
    Volley 4 - Damage 750 (3000) Time *** 28.6 s*** - Lightening Destroyed +5.6 seconds compared to Striker

I said to HAX I'll say it to you. You can't have it every which way. The weapon needs to have some drawbacks. If we lower or remove the COF, which would further increase its accuracy at range, then what other aspects are we going to reduce to balance it? Or do you really think a 220 m/s rocket that as a clip damage capacity of over 1200+ or over 200+ per rocklet, that also features an auto track on Air vehicles with zero or virtually no COF would be a balanced weapon. NO, that would be an absolute monster even worse then the Lancer, which is already OP and needs adjusted.

These are good Striker changes, they are going to make the Striker a much better weapon. Will it have the same sort of range as the Lancer or the accuracy of the Phoenix. No, but it is going to hit harder and be much more versatile and flexible, while being a better alternative to other dumb fires and if accuracy at range is your thing then use the annihilator or ground lock-on.
    • Up x 1
  20. HAXTIME

They can begin by removing the proximity lock-on against air, and introducing it or an alternative mechanism against ground vehicles.