I'm close to quiting Tanking.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Phyr

I'll run 3-4 hexs just to C4 those guys. I enjoy it.
    • Up x 1
  2. Iridar51

Of course they do. Tanks are the best option for dealing with enemy tanks, especially if they have AI loadouts, which would make infantry's life miserably in no time, if infantry tried fighting them.
    It's a noble goal, but you have to do it in a team. If you're a part of organised squad with voice comms, your squad members will protect you, warn you, share intelligence and designate targets, as well as aid you with their tanks. You will no longer be alone in that big dark scary world of LAs behind every bush.
  3. Scr1nRusher

whats funny about that is I run parallel to friendly armor movements. or sometimes close by them to guard the flanks and such.
  4. LodeTria

Did you just say HE is excellent at AV?
    • Up x 2
  5. Scr1nRusher

C4 needs to have its damaged balanced out.

or made class restricted.
    • Up x 1
  6. NinjaTurtle

HE is terrible against armour. I agree it is stupid against softies though
  7. Shockwave44

Then it wasn't at full health. See people, this is what the VR room is for.

Nope, move on to something else.
  8. Scr1nRusher

VR doesn't have splash damage enabled.

thats something your factoring out.
  9. Iridar51

That's smart, but not enough. Only a full commitment to the team play aspect can cure you. I can only show you the door, Neo, but you must walk through it on your own.
  10. CornyWarfare

For the love of God and all that is holy, please learn the difference between you're, and your.
    • Up x 2
  11. Thrasis

If you're in open country in a Lightning the only things you really need to worry about are aircraft and other tanks with the odd rocket launcher kind of a wildcard. If you're in constricted space, like in a pass or a base or a gully, well tanks really suck balls in constricted spaces, in real life and in the game.

That's why tankers like Indar. Lots of open spaces to roam in. Esamir is ok also although line-of-sight is problematic sometimes and allows for HA launcher alpha strikes and the occasional C4 mishap.

Amerish is touch and go for tankers and Hossin is a nightmare.

Just play on Indar and be careful not to fight in close quarters and tanks are just fine. In most other situations they're just like MAXes: you gotta have combined arms or you're toast. Sometimes you're toast even then.
  12. PKfire

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. Scr1nRusher

You can't deny that C4 is extremely powerful.

Its been gamebreaking for a while.
    • Up x 1
  14. DHT#

Terrible in the sense that it only does as much as the standard missile launchers? That's not terrible.

It's also expensive, resource-wise, slow to use, and you have to get within a few meters of your target for it to be effective. Another one of those high risk, high reward things.
  15. Atis

aww, Indar51 stole my point :(

well, I;ll just add what was not said yet.

as for C4: its fine, AV/antiMAX option should be available in any situation where its not totally imbalanced, like infil with C4.

Tanks are super easy to get, why shouldnt they be easy to kill?

What I'd suggest is increasing direct damage of AV rounds and decrease damage from HE/HEAT. Basically, tank with full AV loadout should shred 5 pure AI tanks without breaking sweat. And ofc splash from HE shouldnt OHKO infantry at full health, its damn too easy.
  16. FateJH

I don't even know what that one tries to express. (Probably because I don't know its context.)

So, if you fail to C4 a tank once, can you try it again soon thereafter? So why can't the tanker have queued up a spare tank that could be pulled immediately thereafter the first one explodes?
    (As far as I am aware, this kind of argument will still be somewhat valid after the resource revamp as you still get a few attempts to bomb the same target. Until then, or regardless, whichever is more valid, I will demand a justification for why this can not be a quality of life adjustment for the "before that happens" time.)

I pray for the intervention of EliteEskimo in this thread.
    • Up x 1
  17. PKfire

The inability to find the right words for ridiculous statements.
    • Up x 1
  18. Axehilt

I had my Galaxy 1-shot by a Basilisk once.

Okay, well maybe I had taken some damage beforehand. But that final Basilisk bullet 1-shot me.

(It's refreshing to discuss balance in a way that's completely disconnected from objective reality. It's a bit like painting -- you can just make up whatever springs to mind!)
    • Up x 1
  19. Scr1nRusher

hahahahaha
  20. Axehilt

1. If you died to C4, you deserved it. My experience has been that usually when I play reckless enough to get myself C4'd I just finished making at least 3+ kills against other targets, so I've still come out ahead. If a play more cautiously I get even more kills and rarely get killed by C4. C4 is balanced because a target that you can insta-gib from any range must reach essentially melee range to use it against you.
    2. AV Turrets are still too good. Would love to see them do more damage but have a shorter range. Basically the first day I got back from my break in PS2 (during the time when AV Turrets were "balanced") I put one on the roof of a circular wall tower like usual and proceeded to kill tank after tank just like before. Really haven't noticed any diffrence.
    3. EOD isn't supposed to be an automatic get-out-of-jail-free against mines. You still have to play cautiously. This is good and ensures mines are still valuable.