If you want Gatekeeper nerfed, then...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

Scorpion, The Gatekeeper is hilariously ineffective against infantry.

Also the Gatekeeper is not overpreforming, so for something so "easy to use" its not doing better then the other empires long range secondary AV .

This insane "lets nerf it because it hurt my ego/feels" has to stop.
  2. Ronin Oni

lmfao your misinformation knows no bounds.
  3. Cody38

Pretty sure it's been said, but the velocity is all I really think is wrong with the Gatekeeper. Its rockets travel at 500m/s which is as fast if not faster than most infantry weapons, and also faster than tank-fired AP rounds. That causes it to have significant range which is what the TR wants on a secondary for sure, but it can also hit moving targets quite easily since nothing goes faster than 90km/h on the ground. The Skyguard has 400m/s, all Vanguard main guns have 275, Lighning AP has 225. Most rockets in PS2 have <115 m/s. The Enforcer has 300m/s.

I think that it is a good ranged secondary for TR, I just think it is too long ranged.
  4. CazadorDeLaBruja

Those are not the same class of weapons. to defeat ravens pull and Engy with Am7... its Super Effective... makes your target run back to Nurse Joy at the PokeCenter.

Lancer is a LOS ainti Tank Rocket... it is inferior to the Striker but its also again not even in the same catagoy as the GK as its a heavy weapon and suposed to be Super Effective aganst cert farming loosers on a hill top.

Vortex isnt in the same catagory as the GK yet again.

the reason people say the GK is OP is because its a No Skill weapon that grants too great an advantage over the other weapons in its class. in this case i am referencing the Mjolnir & the Aphelion...

the first issue is the almost utter lack of spread... combined with the piercing damage and the huge spash damage and radiuswhen compared to the Mjolnir & Aphelion. this allows the TR Scrub to have a very EASy time hitting targets far over the horizon that cant return fire... the damage is too great to escape and against infantry because of the splash its lethal. if you want to know why i call fowl isnt because of its range... bullet velocity... or damage... its because the Mjolnir which actually shoots HUGE grenades, seems to only fire Chinese firecrackers when you consider the explosion radius is pathetic. Its great against vehicles though.

another clear indicator that a weapon is super effective is when everyone has it. Very few people use the Aphelion *i blame the crappy name that no one can pronounce or remember* followed by the more common Mjolnir *only reason its popular is cause Avengers movies and Thor is not a Puny God* but everyone... even those that dont play TR... have a Gatekeeper. Heck i have one and i play NC almost exclusively.

so im not going to be like you and cuss out people for not agreeing with my biased opinion... but ill let you view clear evidence that the Gate keeper is OP. let it keep its range that you are harking on about... but remove the greatly over proportioned splash damage and radius it doesn't need.