If you want Gatekeeper nerfed, then...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Armcross

The gate keeper may or maynot Over power but I don't like the flavor. The almost pin point accuracy is not TR, feels Im using Vortex although lower velocity and better fire rate. I rather see it achieve long range accuracy true volume of fire and fast fire rate.

And in my honest bias analysis it needs bigger magazine trunk, an extended magazine trunk.
  2. AbsinthSvK

Kills are no proof. Damage output on gatekeeper is too high. When you put that gun on harasses is definitely OP. And again its not about kills or damage only. That gun is super accurate even in top speed harasser .
  3. HadesR

Raven's have been nerfed .. They received a sizable range reduction

Hypercritical like seeking nerfs for Raven's / Lancer's and Vortex's then complaining when you get something remotely comparable and the nerf's calls start .. That kind of hypercritical ?

Now as for the GK .. All that's really wrong with it was the huge Velocity buff it received .. This was mentioned time and time again before it went Live , and even the Dev's themselves were not sure that the GK wasn't over buffed ...

From Mr Burness himself

And incase you are wondering

Vehicle KPU :

Raven Left: 1.52
    Raven Right: 1.46
    Gatekeeper: 2.5
  4. SwornJupiter

Dropping the velocity down to 300m/s to match that of the Saron and Enforcer will solve many of the 'OP' issues surrounding the weapon. It will also double up to appease the community.
  5. HadesR

TBH I wouldn't go that low not for a start ..

Irrc per-buff it had 360m/s velocity ... So a starting figure of about 400-425m/s would have been good IMO .. Rather than slapping it straight to 500 ..

It's doesn't need battering ram nerf's to make it useless .. Just little tweaks to move the skill floor out the basement :p
    • Up x 1
  6. Scorpion97

We don't want that major muzzle nerf that you keep asking for,we generally want to eliminate the pin point accuracy it has,that's why we see the GK is kinda far from the balance line

Like I said,a small drop,a small CoF bloom and 400m/s will solve everything

As for that question "why should you punish the good shooters?" Becouse good GK shooters are way more chaotic than good saron shooters,they can simply sit 300 meters away from a base and keep sniping everyone on their line of sight while saron can't do that because it's 6 rounds with a very high chance to miss while firing from long range,making it the highest damage loss of the 3

Range> damage
  7. Collin

Just in case you are wondering Vehicle KPU

Saron : 2.7
    Enforcer: 2.5
    Gatekeeper: 2.5

Again stats do not show an overperfomance. I mean when you compaire it to a Raven max be so Kind and take BOTH arms and add them together.

THE GATEKEEPER IS FINE
  8. CMDante

Guys it is time to stop. Really.
    • Up x 2
  9. AbsinthSvK

Yea i agree, nerf it fast and go on...
  10. LodeTria

Yes the Lancer should be nerfed. Infantry have no business shooting that far.
    Yes Ravens should be nerfed. A reload speed nerf seems like a good idea, to tone down it's consistant damage.
    Yes the Gatekeeper should be nerfed. It needs either a velocity nerf or a reload speed nerf (why take reload speed when the thing reloads in less than 2 seconds?). Only 1 though.
  11. Collin

[IMG]Lets nerf everything until the last tank on a hill is a magrider where you can throw rocks at
  12. AbsinthSvK

First of all , devs adding pointless guns and game doesn't need them at all. And on the top of that, they make weapons unbalanced and balancing them one year. But i know why they make them, they make them because they must do something and adding some guns is easiest way. Where are ANTs for example?
  13. HadesR

It's Ravens 2.98 if you needed help :)

Compared to GK :

Harasser: 4.3
    Prowler : 2.5

So my point to the OP still stands ..

If he thinks that the Ravens with their relatively low VKPU are deserving of and I quote

Then he is the one being hypercritical ...

Unless ofc it isn't KPU that makes the Ravens " OP " in the eyes of others .. Maybe their pre-nerf range ? And if range is an issue that maybe those talking about the GK in the same light have a point ..
  14. SwornJupiter

Scorpion, it makes no sense to slap a cof or cof bloom on the Gatekeeper - a weapon that relies upon sustained hits and damage. We do not want to turn the Gatekeeper into a Fracture 2.0. Cof bloom is normally only implemented as a rof limiter (as on the Saron) - and it makes zero sense to put it on a weapon that's maximum fire rate is 155rpm, not to mention the low alpha damage of the projectiles. It needs to land consecutive hits in order to be an effective long range AV weapon, and fiddling around with its accuracy statistics will destroy the weapon's intended purpose.

The velocity nerf is simply the most adequate way to deal with the way the weapon is currently being used. Slapping it down to even 400m/s will somewhat require users to at least lead targets when firing over extreme ranges.
    • Up x 1
  15. Takara

Needs it's velocity reigned in a little. Not massive amounts...but some. That is all. They should have to lead their targets a little bit more.
  16. Liewec123

except lancers are fairly weak to compensate for their range,
    ravens are now capped to around the same range as engi AV turret to compensate for moderately good damage.

you have the vastly superior long range tank, and you wonder why the forum explodes when you get a vastly superior long range secondary to stick on that tank.
    prowlers are now gods.

and thats without even talking about harassers using it, dodging incoming tank rounds while chipping away at tanks.

no drop, sniper rifle velocity, pinpoint accurate, no bloom,
    please don't pretend its all fine lol. :D

how i'd nerf balance it would be to slow its velocity down and add a little bit of drop.
  17. axiom537

Lancer needs to be toned down...I agree there..Phoenix is fine and Striker is fine...

Ravens and Vortex are fine where they are for 450 certs/pull they are killing an appropriate level of vehicles, there is really nothing out of line there now that the ravens have already had their velocity and range nerfed... Fractures need a velocity buff...

Only thing I think that is wrong with the gatekeeper is its projectile velocity. It has a slight drop and COF, but because of the velocity, they are not factors. If it's velocity is lowered to 300m/s, then its slight drop should become more pronounced and its accuracy at extreme ranges and against fast moving targets should be reduced, which will bring it in line.

And lets be straight here, the TR have not been without a Long range secondary AV weapon, that is a fairy tale. They have only been lacking an ES long range AV, just like the VS & NC have been lacking a ES close range AV, but none of the factions have really been at a disadvantage because of that. The halberd performs on par with both the Saron and Enforcer and in some cases it performs better, so the TR where not lacking a long range AV weapon.

The only one being a hypocrite is you defending the gatekeeper performance as being exceptable, when most reasonable players understand it is needs toned down a touch which they are expressing both from experience and statistically. I understand you like your new toy it's ****** everything left and right at any and all ranges, but it's better to address these issues sooner rather than later.
  18. axiom537

TR always had a long range AV option...It was called the Halberd, which performs on par or even better then the Enforcer/Saron...Only person you should be yelling out is yourself for not using the Halberd, if you needed a long range AV secondary.
  19. p10k56

Yes level its OPiness like you leveled Banshee..
    true masterpiece of totally not biased nerfing.

So TR has best LMG and Carbine selection totally superior SMGs.
    Ahh I forget MAX weapons where TR has truly edge in all categories:rolleyes:

Please devs make NS basilisk hands for MAXes to make VS and NC Maxes in reach of TR Fracture glory:cool:
  20. Elkybam

Hold on, the devs are still waiting for sufficent amounts of Station Cash to be poured onto the GK before they can nerf it and lose sales. Why do you think it is outperforming in the first place? DBG is playing the playerbase just as we are playing their game full of empty/delayed promises.

Seems pretty harsh, but you have to accept thats the way the corporations run. What does Daybreak think you will do? Sue them over buying a weapon in game?
    • Up x 1