If reavers are so bad...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Duff_Chimp, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Excellentz

I make it rain in my reaver. Look MA no hands (a2am)
  2. Jaquio

Once again, anecdotal evidence trumps statistics.

The stats show that reaver pilots perform the worst of all three.

Not that it matters, not everything has to be balanced. We have the worst ESF and the best MAX. I'm okay with that. I would like it if my Reaver rotary actually shot where I aimed, but that's just silly.

But still, the numbers definitively show that reavers perform the worst of the three. I'm sorry that statistics are "'delusional" to you.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ender

The numbers also showed that Mags were pulled fewer than Prowlers, but everyone on the forums screamed about the massive amount of magriders pulled. That doesn't mean a good pilot can excel where the majority does not. Average pilots doing better than other average pilots is not his argument. Your numbers don't mean anything to his question.

Look, my statement was directed at his question. Where was your answer? I wouldn't mind the reaver getting buffs if the AirHammer was rebalanced to be good at what it was intended to be good at, killing infantry. Right now, it 7 shots a prowler in the back. Yes Reaver pilots are pigeon-holed into a certain set of certs, but that doesn't mean you get to just completely disregard how overwhelmingly good it is in skilled hands. The reaver needs a re-balance, other things brought up, the AH specifically needs to be toned down against other aircraft. You can't talk about the reaver's balance without mentioning the AirHammer. Again, if the AH is brought in-line with other secondary options then a meaningful balance discussion could be held. I've got a lot of hours in ESFs, I'd like to think my opinion holds a little weight.
  4. r1stormrider

I agree on most of your points here, except I don't feel the OPness of the AH in it's current form is enough of a trade-off for all the other shortcomings with our ESF. I agree it should be changed to do less damage against armor and ESF, and the reaver definitely needs a re-balance.
  5. Joehunk

From what I can tell, mostly this ^^. I used to eat Reavers for breakfast (me = Scythe pilot) and make fun of NC for having such a cruddy plane. Then I took a break from the game, came back, and I can't beat Reavers to save my life (which is often at stake). Reavers didn't change, so I think it was a combo of:
    - The pilots got better and/or the bad ones stopped trying
    - People figured out how to incorporate vertical thrust and sudden stops into the dogfighting game, and Reavers are best at that.
    - Reavers do have a slightly better AA cannon than the other empires (not enough to account for it all by itself but it helps)
    - And NC just seems to take themselves more seriously, at least on my server. I made an NC alt and hit the VR and noticed two things:
    1. No the Reaver is not some insta-win machine. Those people beating me have real skillz.
    2. In NC VR, people were practicing dogfighting, chasing and shooting each other, even giving pointers in /yell. I have literally never seen this in VS VR.
  6. DashRendar

I think a lot of my dissatisfaction with the current Reaver are with its current reticle. I would much prefer the Beta Reaver reticle which is the same as the current Mosquito reticle.
  7. Goretzu

Mag K/D ratio was way, waaaaaaaaaaaaay above though, as were Prowler K/D ratios (to a much smaller degree than the Mag) prior to their change.
  8. loleator

Reaver is the best ESF. You compare them with people of the greatest skill (not just a random youtuber).
    • Up x 1
  9. Scorponok

true seen some insane skills there...wish i was that good lol...they show what is possible with the reaver and how to kick other peoples ***.
  10. iller

...*sigh* ...forumPvP'ers. Not even re-addressing this point to salt that 3day wound. Just to hopefully point out to other folks who get in arguments more often: Proper things can still happen when you don't take the bait. It just takes patience....and sometimes basic math skills. :rolleyes:.

Stay in school kids! Especially if you want to be a decent pilot.
  11. Herrick

Lets see here, I'm guessing that...

50% of posts are claiming NC are once again the most skilled elder gods because all their stuff is apparently so underpowered as to be worthless, while at the same time providing no evidence to back this up.

25% of people saying that Reavers are in fact fine.

25% of people saying that airchavs are scum and should be banned as well as all aircraft removed.