Idling Around the Warp Gate

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FateJH, Jan 15, 2013.

1. FateJH

You ever notice the number of people just standing around the warp gate, looking like they're not doing anything? I understand that a lot of them are probably weighing the cost of certifying into something, using the imperfect map and chat channels to coordinate future operations, or learning the ropes of how not to fall out of the sky, in the case where they are being somewhat active. I can't hep but think there could or should be a way of incorporating common idling tasks into the gameplay itself, as opposed to them just being idling tasks.

Proper scouting tools, systems, or covert and temporary feet on the ground deployment options, for teams actually making plans. An "Air request" queue available from the gate or in aircraft themselves, listing specific requests for assistance or as part of the mentioned reconnaissance, bombing where the expertise is not immediately availble for smaller squads (there is the /orders channel, but it gets underused, overused, ignored, or is not pertinent). The certification stand-around-and-think is something I don't know how to expand upon into gameplay atm.

This came out of a conversation I was having last night on Helios involving "EXE still trying to cap their warp gate." Seriously, why were you guys standing around for two hours? :p
  2. Wibin

They just sucking up game time dicking around for hours there. Kinda sad, but .. thats what you get.
  3. Gisgo

Whats the problem if someone wants to afk at the warpgate?
    There isnt a sanctuary or a place to chill out, check certs and socialize.
    • Up x 1
  4. St0mpy

i seem to spend hours trying to get my head around what certs i need for what, when and in what order however theres a bigger problem

when you run out of resource and youve been playing for X hours, what do you do? If you want to play on you pull something different, but if you want a cup of tea then what? So we swap conts to whatever we have the biggest of, idle at that gate, make tea, food or whatever and re-spec the resources while we wait,
    • Up x 1
  5. EvilKoala

People run out of resources? ...How? Are you a C4 pez dispenser?
  6. forkyar

7. maxkeiser

LOL!
  8. St0mpy

When im on nights and all the zergheads have gone to sleep theres a lot an infiltrator can do to regain territory lost in last nights battles, however a small squad can only do so much and when faced with similar 1s and 2s what you cap tends to go back down fast...so i like to leave presents for my chasers (1 person entering an uncapped point cant spawn there again) even if I end up replacing them at the next cap, and the next (often ive placed them where the territory hasnt capped so it costs another 2 just to put a new trap down) eventually they do catch someone, and that may stop that territory going down for 5 mins to half an hour even, perhaps after you cap some more and push it out of contention.

And then theres all the tank action with the outfit, etc etc

anyway tl;dr so much resource to spend, never enough downtime to reclaim it
  9. Morpholine

If I'm idle in a warpgate, more often than not I'm either browsing the depot or certs, or tweaking my equipment loadouts.
  10. Velgan

Probably means the ones hopping around playing crap music nobody wants to hear and shooting at each other.
  11. Morpholine

Can't get rid of them. They supplement my xp gain while I'm shopping/certifying. And they're easy to mute.
  12. St0mpy

for some reason my prox chat never works, i see them key up on the bottom of the screen but nothing ever comes, which is odd because I hear outfit/platoon chat clearly, its probably a good thing tho :)
  13. Adamar09

Not C4, but mines! Both kinds!

Goodness, mines are wonderful.
  14. NoctD

Hey I need some time to think about how I want to look like to others and make myself presentable before I leave the warp gate!

Ok - I'll admit sometimes I'm standing around doing nothing cause I'm busy trying to get some food into my belly in real life so I can get back into the game again.
  15. NoctD

Oh they are indeed - sometimes I'm just waiting for my mines to blow and XP to roll in while I'm waiting at the warp gate. Then I'll go to the next point, and lay some more. :cool:
  16. Niv

every time i log in WG full of players im getting low fps in rush hours, dont see how this WG system make us get into action faster then the old sanctuary system.
  17. Tenmar

I'm sorry that I'm afk at the warp gate. You know, I only find out that while I expected to have some free time to play that I had something more important to do than pursue my hobby. So yeah...sorry for just being a waste of a human being.
  18. EvilKoala

I wish I could share your sentiment, however, I play TR. So I can only agree on one kind.
  19. MiZrY

Oh it's possible.... if your team is warpgated the resource generation is LOW. It is very possible to use all your AIR/TANK resources if you are getting camped at the warpgate. Could always switch continents and hope you have enough resource gain there to resupply then hop back into the fight.

So it is possible, just kinda rare.
  20. Dubious

People slacking in warpgate and therefor taking up space, if cont is full, wouldnt be a problem at all if we had SANCTUARIES
    • Up x 1