[BUG] iamjimster and xoniqvs- ppl who exploit

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by plattner, Oct 9, 2018.

1. CaptCran

The normal way. From the release of the game. Make a QUALITY game that deserves my money. Not this ADD ON, PATCH every 5 minutes, Dammit we're not going to make the deadline so let's release it half-***** no one will know the difference, Piece of hacked games they are producing now. Back in the day it was one chance and done. But yeah, that's the times now. Shottie work throw some duct tape on it ( GOD forbid I say duck tape or I'll have the copyright police wanting their 5 cents for saying it). They have enough people that are dumb to not research the game before they subscribe. All the yoots now a days got a case of the "have it nows", gotta pay to win, pay for hacks, gimme gimme gimme's (SHOUT OUT THE THE BERENSTAIN BEARS!) they fall for the micro transactions, subscriptions, loot boxes, etc. when it's all and good to play ( whenever the servers aren't down for 6 hours) as is.
  2. CazadorDeLaBruja

I actually Friended Iamjimster had a long chat with the guy... he is in the eastern US but claims to have an unknown bug affecting his ping and though i've seen it first had the effect is similar to something i've witnessed in Tera... where players used a Proxy or VPN to modulate their ping... they even have it trigger in response to threats... this doesn't seem to be happening to Jimmy... he seems to have a peak allotment for his connection and when a few too many people appear his system goes nuts... anyways the guy seems terribly frustrated and bewildered as to how this is happening and he claims he has open tickets with the devs to fix the issue... anyways i'm on the fence if he is cheating or abusing a vpn or w/e... he is a new player... 100% new i swear if you talk with him you will totally recognise the type... In my squads i keep him in on the gunner seats to avoid teleporting and he is very cooperative not like your typical chip on the shoulder hacker... btw its against the forum rules to witch hunt (the irony of my name hahaha)... if you suspect a player of cheating use the ingame /report feature... THE DEVs DO USE IT but they don't want to alienate people for having technical issues so they take a few days to perform an investigation... build the pattern into the algorithm that the anti cheat tool uses and then they take out the guy once they have enough info to ban. a guy teleporting has as much trouble killing you as you do him... so he isn't actually hurting anyone... i don't know the other derps you mentioned but i've met and spoken with jim... if he is cheating he will be "tar and feathered" like the rest of them after DBG completes their investigation. its very difficult to hack planetside 2... the majority of hack tools already have their profiles in the automated anti cheat tool... so any new cheats must be individually written and must be different from all the known profiles... the chance of meeting a legit hacker with that kind of skill in a game that doesn't have a real world money economy is next to nil. follow the process and have faith in the devs as they do know what they the professionals are doing.
  3. Towie

'100% new player' with a 42% HSR on the Serpent which puts him in the top 0.2% of alltime players. Just saying.

The way to deal with the ping manipulators was suggested a while ago - nullify their damage for the duration of the (often handily timed) 'spike'.
    • Up x 1
  4. Beerbeerbeer

Xoniq has always been suspicious in my eyes. I’ve fought him a lot and that guy would ring headshots like nothing. If there was ever a case of a hitbox hacker in the living flesh, it would be him.

However, after a recent BE update—well maybe not too recent (forgot when exactly)—his uncanny ability to chain headshots diminished greatly. He changed and, while he is still good, he didn’t seem cheating good in regards to “he will always headshot you.” I could tell the difference immediately.

Either something happened and whatever hack he was using was patched out or he grew a conscious (not likely).
  5. CazadorDeLaBruja

isn't the serpent a vanu weapon?... jimmy is NC (like the majority of newbies)... are you sure you're not mistaking him for someone else? anyways this thread should be taken down as its against TOS for existing... if you people have issues with hackers use the ingame or the homepage player report tool... THE DEVs DO WATCH THEM.
    • Up x 1
  6. Towie

Serpent is definitely a VS weapon yes - if you look at the video, you'll see he is VS (indeed uses the Serpent to kill JibbaJabba) so I have no idea who you are looking up.

If you search for him today - you'll see he is still playing (played last night) and no doubt pulling the same antics.

Then look for Jibba's post where he is extremely frustrated as he's submitted a hacking report, posted video etc. and that player is still playing too (not sure if it's jim as he didn't say).

So effectively - we have a hacker where evidence has been submitted via the official routes yet is still playing. We have other threads where proof of hacking has been posted which have been deleted - but deleting the thread doesn't make it better.

What else are folks to do than to post threads ? They are frustrated at the lack of action.
  7. XLAX

They used to put a message up across my screen whenever they banned a player for cheating. I haven't seen any banned player messages in a couple years now and I play everyday. So I gather they either don't ban anyone or they don't announce it anymore.
    Seems to me they would want to announce bans just to show they care. I also believe X0NIQ a hacker. Too many unbelievable kill runs he could make and take very little damage. But I also used to think Belmonkey 3 a hacker because he would always kill everyone with a knife and I could never kill him with a carbine. But someone said they use a shogun against him and win every time so I switched to shotgun and he was right I started killing him everytime so he soon left
  8. Blam320

One-and-done doesn't pay for continuous development. If we were to do it your way, we'd be on PlanetSide 4 or 5 now, with support for the game ending as soon as the next one comes out, and balance patches or any new content being nonexistant. How many games are out there with active multiplayer communities that don't offer MTXs?
    • Up x 2
  9. Towie

It was when SoE owned PS2 that they used to put the messages up - often with a bit of humor - and that actually felt very satisfying to those who had to put up with aimbotters, headshot maniacs, teleporters and radar cheats (which is - like - everyone).

DBG don't do this - although i'm convinced that they do ban, from the evidence in this thread they seem far more lenient than SoE (not a good thing IMO).

There are certain things that are just so good in certain circumstances that it makes you think they're cheating but they are not. Then you see something utterly ridiculous - yet they keep playing. (and i'm talking stupidly ridiculous like flying under the map - which seems to be totally ok - apparently).
    • Up x 1
  10. Magma52

How is this thread not locked yet? Xoniq does not cheat, he's just 2 gd 4 the OP.
  11. WinterAero

Oh he cheats alright. 100% certain, considering I only heard the name for the first time - not from game or forums - but from a cheat developer I 'interviewed' (if you can call it that) when I went searching all over the net for evidence.

Back then I was frustrated at suspicious deaths on my own end; but more willing to consider that mere latency, server lag and compensation (etc) might be the cause. Joined a forum, was pointed to the creator - and he gave me a few notable names. Ones who had paid for his software in the past.

Not everyone that cheats can be branded hacker easily (no matter how suspect it seems) but you really do need to stop insulting people's intellect and trying to cover up for blatant cheats and liars. Xoniq was the very first name he gave up.
  12. Magma52

Few options here:
    1. You're making this up.
    2. The cheat developer you spoke to just hates Xoniq and fabricated the story.
    3. The cheat developer you spoke to was actually a drug dealer, and your consumption of what he gave you resulted in your poor recollection of what happened.
    Well ok, we can't prove anything. But Xoniq has a YouTube channel showing his gameplay....I can clearly see that he has skill without cheats, so it makes the cheating stories seem less plausible IMO.
    • Up x 1
  13. ObiVanuKenobi

That is lag though. Happens when you're lagging so hard you completely dc, get shot and die but still haven't received any damage on your client so you can still walk around and when your connection finally stabilizes your dead body will move around while your client syncs back with the server.
    There's also a bug that causes revived maxes to stay in dead position on the floor and slide around when they're actually alive.
  14. CplRDaWiggy

There was a guy who was on my old DCUO server back in the day, had quite a few YouTube subscribers and would always boast to that point. Thing is, in both pve and pvp he was legitimately terrible, and used various exploits to compensate and hide this from an otherwise ignorant audience.

Now I get arguments of envy can be applied here, and by no means do I have a bone in this, but I can say that if people have a reason or incentive, particularly a financial one,to showcase hardcore proleet skills, they will do so, often with the path of least resistance chosen.

I personally take the view that public naming and shaming to be bad form. But I also believe in the principle of recourse, and if the official channels fail to adequately investigate said discrepancies with due diligence, then the logical outcome is for people to shout from the rooftops to draw attention.
  15. HippoCryties

Really not getting this idea where ppl think XONIQ hacks. He’s just good, deal with it. I’ve seen players even better than him, and no they ain’t hacking. I consider him the Genghis Khan of Planetside 2 ( unstoppable) and only beaten by well trained muslims
  16. CazadorDeLaBruja

the devs dont work on your schedule... also due to events over the past couple years where game developers were counter sued for wrongly banning people, the devs take extra time to gather evidence now... the best means of reporting a player is by making a ticket but it does take a day or two, sometimes a bit longer, for admins to gather the required evidence. they also have to nix all the negative marks that hacker caused during that time... which means every bullet fired and xp that should be someone else's removed... also they have to program the exploit/hack into the anticheat algorithm to make it harder for repeat patterns. Im a decent programmer myself as i work on advanced robotics systems... its not as simple as copy paste. look its the same story ive heard over the past 6 years ... "this guy is doing something weird and has been reported a hundred times over the past 5 minutes... why isnt he been banned yet?"... trust the process and when you encounter a jerk go to another fight... trust me i know the devs are good for it.

on another note... what video?

unless i missed something obvious i haven't seen this video.
  17. CazadorDeLaBruja

(i found the video) and lol i guess that's his alt on emerald... yeah that instance looked so suspicious. he didnt start teleporting till he was being shot... based on that its obvious he is using a lag modulator with a macro... it looks different from what i saw on Connery however. when i saw him there it could easily have been explained as bad lag. what id like to know is how he is getting the lagger tool to activate so quickly... PS2 uses some sick prediction software that can look 3- 5 seconds into the future. it greatly reduces instances like this but also causes a delay before your lagger can activate making it useless normally.

The worst jerks in Planetside 2 arent even the hackers IMO... they spend so much time looking over their shoulder their contributions to a fight are utter meaningless... now 4th faction & TK'r and on the lower end Stat Padders are the worst for me. if you are a good player hackers can't even measure on your radar. lol i get hackusations sometimes and the salt is amazing... but after seeing that video im a total believer now... maybe im just vanu racist or something.
  18. Towie

Glad you found it ! Yes it's pretty damning - unfortunately he continues to play, last night too.

DBG isn't the only company faced with the problem of people utilising 'convenient' lag to their considerable advantage - the consensus is to punish those who lag in some way. Of course some people may just have a dodgy connection - but it still gives them an advantage so just nullify any damage done during a spike. They still have a movement advantage but at least it's a start.

At the moment someone can just disconnect, hit you with multiple shots then reconnect and blam you're dead. Or they introduce jitter and move like someone from the Matrix on steroids. Not fair.

(Edit - just to add - there was another video of a player who uses the switch very blatantly - with multilpe kills in 0s which is a dead giveaway - and yep, he's still playing too)
  19. Harry Beavers

Jimster plays in BWAE on Emerald who have already had several players banned. One of them named MetalVS has been caught multiple times he's on his 3rd or 4th account trying to get cheats slipped past file detection. It's not hard to find out who got banned with a little research using the outfits listing and checking various websites that plug into the API.
  20. JibbaJabba

Aight. So since you completely zombied this thread let me chime in.

I'm one of the ones that reported Jimster. Reported to customer services, provided the video that you find earlier in the threads. They investigated him and did not ban. I have more info on that...

Turns out Jimster had a support ticket open at the same time for guess what? Warping around all over the place. They got him fixed and the issue stopped.

I'm forced to admit I'm wrong here. Had Jimster been banned due to my report it would have been wrong.

THIS is why we don't do threads like this and why we don't publicly witch hunt people. Lesson learned... for me at least.

As for Metal, not a single account of his has been banned. He recreated several accounts for what reason I have no idea. He's aware of the hackusations because of this and finds it pretty funny. But again... those new accounts are NOT because he got banned … they would ban the whole stinkin' account I would hope.

Hope this provides some context.

If you think someone is cheating in BWAE, take it to their outfit leader. Those guys have sunk too much time into their craft and will not tolerate someone taking shortcuts. They have ZERO respect for cheaters.