I seriously don't understand how devs think this is fair

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GoogleIntern2013, Jul 29, 2013.

1. RasFW

That must work really well in situations where absolutely no enemies are present.
  2. ComradeHavoc

Sorry for the misread, my eyes are not what they used to be. But anyway the Jackhammer is a shotgun, with little to no range. It excels in CQC. To neuter it would be a horrid mistake, It would be the NC max all over again.
    • Up x 1
  3. siddar

Have you tried it recently yourself because slugs are dead accurate with set up I posted.

TR and NC are the same accuracy but have massive bullet drop that is three to five times normal drop.
  4. Van Dax

ouch.
  5. Van Dax

Oh I don't doubt that and I heartily disagree with the op, just pointing it out.
  6. IamDH

and if the situation gets really bad you can shoot back
  7. GoogleIntern2013

Lol are you joking? The jackhammer has the SMALLEST spread of ANY shotgun in the game.
    The 3 round burst hits harder than a pump action. 6 pellets per shot X 3 shots = 18 pellets at your face. Even more overkill than the 2nd gen's 11 pellet PA shotgun.

Also, it has more range, ammo, and is completely more versatile than other shotguns. The fact you can change fire modes from burst (Pump action) to semi auto is amazing when facing different groups of people.

I main VS. I wanted the underboss so I wanted to buy the HA bundle on sale this week, so instead of buying the HA bundle for VS with the cr@ppy lasher I buy the NC bundle with the jackhammer.

42 person killing spree 1st time using it. Lol. I have NEVER had a 42 person killing spree EVER in my life as Vanu
  8. llPendragon

This is correct. What you are buying for 1000 certs is a shotgun that can change between a pump-action equivalent and a semi-auto equivalent, with the ability to cert more ammo capacity than either.

To take this to the next step, this versatility is the only reason anyone would buy it over the other non-class specific shotgun options.

Congrats, you have completed your training in "Buying an NC Shotgun:101" ;)

Side note: I know a lot of NC players who considered the Jackhammer re-vamp to be a nerf. A nerf of something already nicknamed the "Jokehammer". Just sayin.
  9. Tradewind

So I see this thread has progressed from inaccurate and outdated information from ps2-stats to now being about anecdotal kill streak reports as evidence. Sounds like everything is following Forumside guidelines, carry on.
  10. siddar

It hits harder then a pumpaction but has less total shots then a pumpaction in x3 burst mode. Jackhammer is the Decimator of pumpactions it gives up total number of shots for higher total damage per burst. Its pellets are also not equal in damage to standard shotgun pellets but in total three rounds from a jackhammer is greater then one round from a pumpaction. But that greater damage is wasted most of the time because both three round burst and one round from a pumpaction will be enough to kill someone outright. Basically the same as shooting someone with a decimator and a standard HA rocket decimator will do more damage but both will be lethal so there no real point to that extra damage in most cases.

You just need to except that you need extended mag on jackhammer to equal a non extended mag pumpaction if you use a jackhammer.

Better short range performance between 5m and 10m is area where jackhammer is actually better then other pumpactions. Lack of slugs for jackhammer actually gives it the worst performance of all shotguns mid and long range. Except for max shotguns that cant use the ADS slug accuracy code that other shotguns can.

So in closing Jackhammer only has better hipfire range not ADS, extra ammo is completely offset by burst eating ammo at three times the rate of of other shotguns, jackhammers lower damage per pellet also means it total damage per reload is lower then many shotguns, lack of slugs means it simply can not match any other shotgun in versatility except NC max shotguns, swapping fire modes isn't really a issue you can single fire every auto shotgun fairly easily just tap the fire key once quickly.
    • Up x 1
  11. iRhuel

Your math is just... terrible. The KPH is already averaged out, dividing it by number of users makes absolutely no sense. You're trying to derive meaning out of an average of an average. At best all you could argue with that is that most people who use the JH are terrible, not that the JH is terrible in itself.

That's really not what I said at all. I never said it needed a nerf. Cool your jets, forumsider.

Also, the numbers clearly show that the JH is the most efficient killer of the three. Which is what weapons are ultimately designed for. Killing people. So saying that it has no effect on the battlefield (the entire concept of which is a place where people kill other people) is honestly pretty stupid.

I'm glad you found it amusing.
  12. GoogleIntern2013

Thank you for explaining! Apparently the NC on this thread is oblivious to how good their ES HA weapon is compared to the lasher
  13. KnightCole

Im thinkin of picking up a jh. Im bsd with shottys but jh looks good
  14. GoogleIntern2013

The jackhammer is amazing. I bought it 3 days ago because I wanted the underboss. (HA bundle for NC, underboss is NS so all my chars get it)

I got a 42 man killstreak with it. Lol in my BR85 char I have never had a 42 man killstreak with such a OP weapon. My pre-nerf PA shotty killstreak was only 20 something, pre-nerf blueshift ZOE max was like 29.
  15. Giggily

It's pretty much a given that everything VS has is UP compared to the other two factions. The VS Lancer, Lasher, PPA, Saron, Magrider, Turbolaser, MAX weapons, AV turret, etc. are all statistically worse than either TR or NC equivalents. It's just a good thing that VS players are naturally better than their competition to even the odds.
  16. VoidMagic

You guys misunderstand. The Lasher... if for the afterparty...

SVA-88, Orion? It's gonna be ok.

Do you broz even Disco?
  17. sodopro

It's still a shotgun, no matter how tight the spread is. It won't excel at range, unlike the MCG. It's not going to be much of a support gun, unlike the Lasher. It's a shotgun. It kills people faster than other weapons can at close range. But at 25m and beyond, you're kinda screwed with a Jackhammer.

It's also the only shotgun with no slugs, from what I remember.
  18. Chowley

Did you find 42 afk enemies in a biolab?
  19. Chowley

Its a good gun, its really fun to use, also incredibly frustrating at times. But its not in any way as good as the VS and fake NC make out on here.
  20. KnightCole

Been watchin yt vids of. Sure looks good.