I hate Heavy Assult shield ability!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dr Grumbler, Mar 22, 2013.

1. KRE8R125

It doesn't seem like you understand the concept of game balance very well.
    • Up x 1
  2. jwiechers

My thoughts exactly. The guy has no understanding of this sort of game. Classes should be heavily unbalanced -- as they are right now. I can easily take down a HA with my infiltrator, but only if I'm smart about it -- or snipe him from a long distance. If I get into close quarters and make even a tiny mistake, I'll be ripped to pieces in seconds.
    • Up x 1
  3. ThePackage

Said every heavy assault player ever.
  4. Bl4ckVoid

If heavy is so OP in your opinion, why don't you play one?
    Enjoy the shield!
  5. UrMom306

yeah I hate shotguns though, i use one on my heavy but hate it
  6. Dr Grumbler

I will use Starcraft as an example. Each race is different and have different strengths and weaknesses but all of them are equally viable on the battlefield. Infantry units in PS2 should be the same - who wins should be decided by how you use your abilities, not by what abilities you have.
  7. thrikerr

Are you saying winning is the same thing as killing? Classes are equally viable in this game. Medics are good at keeping teammates alive, engineers are good at keeping everyone repaired and supplied, and heavy assaults are good at killing things. You need them all to complete objectives. In a game where the only objective is to get kills, then heavy assault is the best class. But we're not playing team deathmatch.

Starcraft is a horrible example by the way. All units in that game are not equally viable in combat. Workers, medics, transports... They all support the units that do the killing. Sound familiar?
    • Up x 1
  8. LonelyTerran

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  9. ent|ty

BS. All perception. Go play an HA and get back to me before you even say something so ridiculous.
    • Up x 1
  10. boogaa

Well talking about starcraft, we can say that Vanu and TR are like Protoss with unlimited resource, one basic unit can smoke any terran tank ...