I don't think there are many hackers...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tackelberry, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Jourmand1r

10 hackers out of 100k players. Not bad.

And again you really don't know much about hackers. I knew a hacker on Medal of Honor who bought 200 dollars worth of cd keys so he could keep hacking when his key got banned.
  2. Exaar

I'm not sure high system and high connection requirements make a game bad. People complain about their computers not being able to run high-end games, but that's not the company's fault. Some devs develop games to be accessible to people with low-end rigs... and some want to make games that actually look good. Choosing the latter option doesn't make the game bad, it just means if you're not willing or able to invest in your gaming rig you're going to be left out. Which sucks for you, sure, but it makes the game much better for people like myself with powerful rigs and high-speed fiber-optic internet.

Not trying to put down people who can't afford those things, I'm just saying that having high system requirements because your game looks quite good is a legitimate business/creative decision, and something many people (like myself) prefer over games with overly cartoony/outdated graphics in an attempt to let people play on their 5-year-old machines.
  3. Hibbe

It does make the game poorer, because it's market has been reduced significantly, especially for a F2P game.

and saying that you are not TRYING to put down people who can't afford it, does not mean you SUCCEEDED, a game should always strive to be playable on as many configurations as possible and I don't think PS2 has tried enough.

Now thankfully I can play on the highest settings without issues, but I know others who can't and I think that is unresonable when their machines are not particularly old or low end.

In addition, you sound very egoistic.
  4. Exaar

Personally, I'd rather have a really pretty game with a smaller market than an ugly game with a million players. As long as there are enough people for me to have fun gameplay and for the game to remain operational. So far there are. I guess I will proclaim it a bad decision if that is no longer the case 6 month from now and the high system requirements are one of the leading causes. So far I don't think that will be the case, but we'll see.
  5. gunshooter

Because i've seen all 100k players?

Also are you trying to claim that people won't be less inclined to hack when there is actually a monetary punishment for it? lol. good argument
  6. Jourmand1r

I agree that the game not being F2P would result in less hackers.

The game is f2p so let it go.
  7. Artuskan

I'm not sure whether I've ever encountered a hacker or not. I play HA, and there have been a number of times that I was killed while at full health and Nanoweave 4 by one rifle shot. Is this possible?
  8. Trysaeder

Battle rifle headshot at close range while your shields are down?

Snipers are technically rifles too.
  9. Mordakai

I've only ran into a couple. One was an obvious aimbot, 1 person was able to see through walls. That it in my almost 200 hours.
  10. DeathFaith

Ya let the guy go , hes just headshot a guy every sec with 6000 kills and 3 deaths its ok...
  11. Jourmand1r

BTW this game doesnt look good enough to merrit the machine you need to play it.

Metro 2033 came out years ago and runs Dx11 on weaker machines than this game.

IDK if people just havent play Crysis 2 or BF3 but this game actually looks pretty average for a modern fps.
  12. Jourmand1r

When you can find some names for these people and actual proof that shows they got those scores (other than bugged leaderboards) then you can actually rage that they havent been banned.
  13. Hibbe

Then I suppose you would not mind buying computers for 1000 dollars to anyone who asked you?
  14. Drueth

Unless you mean a sniper rifle, then no. But you can't actually hack in order to make this possible otherwise, so it must have been a sniper rifle headshot.

+1 for having played since beta and never seen anyone that I would consider to be hacking. I know for a fact they exist, I've seen the video evidence, but there is no doubt in my mind that, as in all fps games, the majority of people making accusations are simply butt-hurt and mistaken.
  15. Babaganoush

I've met a handful of hackers, primarily in Vanu probably because of the accuracy of their weapons. But not everywhere.

However, one hacker can ruin a whole team's day.
  16. Drueth

Because it's a basic human right to play PS2?
  17. Hibbe

Oh, I can add that to my list of broken **** in this rushed game.

You can't blame us for that the game is broken and therefor we can not definitely prove that someone is hacking, that is ridiculous.

"The lie detector is broken.
    - Oh you can not prove it, the lie detector is broken."
  18. Jourmand1r

It's not your job to prove someone is hacking. Punishments are and should be a private matter between the accused and SoE.
  19. Hibbe

I didn't say to everyone, I said to anyone who asked.

Just because his computer is good enough, it does not make everyone's computer good enough.

Im not unreasonable here, there are people who have rigs that are too bad to pay any of the latest game, but then there are the mid tiers of computers that should expect a playable version of this game.

They didn't get one, because of the developers lazy work, you seem fine with it, so I assume you would also be fine with upgrading THEIR computers aswell.
  20. Pugzii

Well, I have been monitoring the website that is selling these hacks in an attempt to catch the names of the people so I can /report them.. and on the website the current 'Paid' list is at 8410.. so there are 8410 aimbotters in Planetside 2 right now.