I don't think there are many hackers...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tackelberry, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Tackelberry

Out of the time that I have played, I have not come across a single hacker. Don't get me wrong, I believe there are hackers out there... just not as many as people are saying. I think people are using them as an excuse for thier death that they deam unfair and so it must be a 'hacker'. For example, I was in Teamspeak with a friend who was in another Faction than me. He didn't know my user and kept screaming his position. I come to him and keep killing him, and claims the person who is killing him (me) to be hacker, which I am not. I think you guys are exagerating this hacker thing just a bit. Honestly, report and move on if there is actual evidence of there being a hacker.
    • Up x 1
  2. Hibbe

You don't need to meet more than one hacker before you make a thread here.

I have not seen any in this game yet either, but I have seen them in other games and I understand why there are 200,000 threads about them.

A publisher that can not handle hackers, should not make multiplayer games.

If it was hard to tackle, we would not have MMO's at all.
  3. Tackelberry

The game was in beta and just released. You kind of people drive me crazy. Give them time, it will be fixed. It's just a matter of time. I don't think making 20 different threads about it every 5 minutes will solve anything.
  4. Neodrauka

*Fetches popcorn*

:)
  5. Exaar

Yeah, I have 65 hours played as of yesterday evening and I've never seen a hacker I would identify as such. I'm sure they are out there, but if I can play that long and not encounter one (or at least one obvious enough to notice) they can't be that omnipresent. I've died a lot, sure, but never in such a way as to convince me it was anything other than someone who is a better shot than me.

What I /have/ seen is a lot of people screaming 'hacker' at the other team when they die because they can't accept the fact that they just aren't that good. I think that is a lot more common.

In one battle I was in, a bunch of people were screaming 'hackers!' for like 15 minutes because people on my team were shooting through the spawn room shields and they couldn't shoot in - those people didn't understand the rules of the game, and immediately jumped to proclaiming the other team was full of hackers rather than bothering to actually learn how to play. They were actually /yelling "way to be hackers red, shooting through shields, /reported" and stuff. I think stuff like that is a lot more common than people who are actually hacking.
  6. Hibbe

Oh yes, it's perfectly acceptable to release a game that isn't finished.
    Hey, why don't companies just make broken games and then sell DLC to fix it three months later, that seems resonable, right?

If no, exactly, but thats pretty much what is happening now.

If yes, - Hey, wanna buy my game for 5 bux? It's awesome, it's a 10 levels adventure platformer, the two last levels does not work, but I will fix that soon, MKAY? (and it will only cost 10 more dollars)
  7. 13lackCats

"Say something often enough, and it will become truth".

I put hacker complainers and "our team is nerfed" people in the same category. They will cry and cry, and cry...until mommy rubs their butt.
  8. Jourmand1r

There are a lot of hackers on PS2 but not many more than in games like Call of Duty or BF3.

The problem comes from MMO players sensationalizing the hackers and making this into a bigger deal than it is. Aimbots and FPS games go hand in hand.

Anyone who plays a lot of FPS games should have come into PS2 knowing there would be hackers, and preparing themselves to accept it for the first little while as Sony got it under control.

People keep referencing games like APB as proof that "hacking kills games". Sorry guys APB being a ****** game killed APB.

Edited to Add:

The small amount of hackers in Planetside 2 has become "tons of hackers" because of people crying wolf and creating false positives.
  9. Hibbe

Oh, you can do that aslong as the category title is "Things the developers did wrong"
  10. Tackelberry

Yes releasing a game that isn't finished or polished to the way they want it. How uncommon that is. You know what, they should invent something to fix that. Like game updates after the game is released. Genuis right? I think they should be called something, since it patches up the broken parts of the game. THATS IT!! PATCHES!!!! /sarcasm
  11. ajappat

Luckily that's not case here. Yet to see anything broken or unfinished, apart from some balance issues, which are perfectly fine for game of this caliber.

This is much more finished game than many other titles released these days.
  12. Exaar

It's also free. I mean, complain about pay 2 win as much as you want, but the game is perfectly playable with no investment. Therefore I don't see why anyone would have a problem even if they feel the game is unfinished. If you don't think it's finished, don't give them any money until you feel it is.
  13. yama

You *********!!*****!!!***!!***!!!!!!

I wanted to post that :D

@OP
    Do people tend to explain away their own short-comings with "he must be a hacker!!!"?
    Yes, sometimes.

Doesn't make the problem go away tough.
    Hackers exist.There is a chance tough that you will never see one yourself.
    There are just to many servers and players. But trust me, once you see a real one, you WILL know.
    • Up x 1
  14. 0ReferenceException

You are right. Just join any shooter and gank a few people and you'll be called a hacker and cheater really quickly. I think it's just because this genre naturally attracts more people with insufficient cognitive abilities and bad social skills (the same bunch that later likely make up most of the armed forces and the police). These people just can't deal with their own inferiority. The easiest solution for them is to take solace in the fact that everyone who is better must simply be a cheater because it's totally impossible that they are simply bad.

That doesn't mean that everyone who plays shooters is a moron or that there are no cheaters in this (or any other) game. My experience just shows me that the number of people with inferiority complex is much much higher in FPS then in other genres like RPGs (which usually require other skills beyond just having a low reaction time and a decent aim).

Personally I find it quite entertaining to watch. Especially because it has no impact on me either way... this game has zero penalty for sucking and zero death penalty so it's not like the "ebil cheat0rz" are taking anything away from me (any entertainment value I might lose due to the hackers are overcompensated by the kiddies crying about it and shouting "hacker" every 5 seconds). ;)
  15. Hibbe

So? Just because other games are not complete upon release, it should not be acceptable for PS2 do to the same. (It isn't acceptable for anyone)

Balance is the key to this game and that makes it equally bad to poor console ports.
    But I can list some more.

Low render distance on enemies.
    High system requirements.
    High connection requirements.
    Falling trough the world and other level design issues (like getting stuck)
    Empty servers at non-peak times.
    Poorly explained and visualized shop items.
    Hackers.
  16. Wellknown

If you see what you think is a Hacker /report him and go move away from that fight.
    they will be caught but not everything is done yesterday.
  17. Atari01

I like the game and have been playing since the first day it went live. I haven't seen anything until last night that I could claim is clearly a hacker. On waterson I play Vanu and was on a 4wheeler chasing down an enemy who ran faster than I could drive. I'm not talking someone warping because of lag. He clearly just ran in front of me and out ran me on the bike. After that everyone started calling hacks on him. I tried to report him but it kept saying player name not found. Every time I get close to maybe signing up for a subscription something like this comes along and gives me pause.
  18. Exaar

That's entirely true - there is no death penalty and no real reason to avoid dying. I've had just as much fun fighting losing battles as winning battles - it's not about whether or not your team actually wins, its about how much fun you have. I love playing defense in a bio lab that is slowly being overrun. I play engineer and drop claymores down facing into all the enemy spawn rooms over and over. I bet a lot of those people call me hacker too, when they run out of the spawn and explode like 4 times in a row with no visible cause (because they don't know to look down). ;)
  19. Seryl

epic episode 2: the hackers strike back
  20. gunshooter

I'm pretty sure the problem comes from the game being f2p, meaning that someone hacking has absolutely nothing to fear, because if they're caught they aren't out any money at all, which is the main deterrent for hacking in other games.

I've seen at least 10 VERY blatant hackers (you can't sensationalize an obvious speedhacker who runs across the world at 5000mph and kills everyone instantly) and all of them are still playing the game. And you know? Even if they're banned they'll just come right back.