I <3 the Gauss Rifle

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by lilleAllan, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Chubzdoomer

There's nothing spectacular about it, but I do tote around the Gauss S because it's just a good weapon overall and it has an absolute ton of possible attachments.
  2. Fang7.62

Yeah just got the S version and I love it. Grip doesnt make so much difference, but the option is there (which is nice about this weapon, so many attachments) so for fun I screw around with the smoke launcher :D Has very nice recoil pattern and drops people fast. For building clusterf*cks aka CQC I just switch to piston or GR22 which is a boring bullethose but thats whats you need for herpderp CoD fights in cqc. Anybody tried the underbarrel shotty? Should be OHKO for most infantry from hugging range but I imagine if you fail to kill in first shot, you're dead before you switch or reload.
  3. MrK

Not exactly
    The base Gauss has seen its initial vertical kick on first shot raised, the Gauss S is more controllable on first shot now
    But the Gauss S has a slightly higher vertical recoil for all the subsequent shots
    Also, the Gauss retains its horizontal accuracy during prolonged burst, the Gauss S lose it a bit over time.

Gauss Burst is a copycat from Gauss, with the following changes :
    Better horizontal precision than Base Gauss
    Can retain its precision in ADS when moving, unlike any other NC weapon (NC weapon are more precise than anything else bare some TR/VS variants, provided you DON'T MOVE)
    • Up x 1
  4. Frosty The Pyro

I prefer the cycler myself, but I dont play a lot of medic so take that with a grain of salt.

charged lancer shots are actualy the highest velocity in the game.
  5. Kociboss

I thought HVA on burst weapons is bugged?
  6. kennonfodder

cheers for that!

By the way, the Gauss S gives us the possibility to attach a compensator AND a grip or laser sight (or GL to stay on topic). Unlike with the Gauss default rifle. Here you have to choose between a grip or laser sight and no compensator is available. Great hip firing (laser sight) or great long range stopping power, you have to choose.

So why not having both?

Just for fun I ran the Gauss Rifle S with a compensator and a laser sight. Only using iron sights. Fell in love immediately.

This weapon is a monster now ;) It does its job amazingly well at every range (CQC up to 100meters).

...instead of having only one range where you got the extra advantage (medium range in case you run with GL) and where you barely survice a CQC duel with a Trac (lovely trac, how I adore you)
  7. lilleAllan

Well personally I'd argue that you don't really need the compensator/grip on the NC1 since the recoil is so easily controllable. That lets you run laser sight and in turn gives you an extremely versatile weapon where you can engage at pretty much any range - from hip to long.

But of course having the option is nice.
  8. kennonfodder

I guess its very subjective, but I never get the feeling that the NC 1 is effective at long range without the grip. I hate the harsh recoil towards top right. Maybe I just do it wrong, I read here some people have success with it...

So my motivation was to decrease the recoil --> compensator to hit something at range, and still be competitive in CQC ---> laser sight. Problem solved now :) .

So somebody has to use the Gauss S for that?
    No, a certed default Gauss or a NS-11 are just fine for most players, so just a luxury issue you know :rolleyes:
  9. phreec

Gauss Rifle is definitely my favourite NC Medic rifle. There's just nothing else in our arsenal that has such amazing accuracy at long range but that still performs well in CQC. Rocking over 4,000 kills with it so far and although I've tried most CM guns I always go back to the Gauss Rifle.

As for attachments I only use a forward grip on it. The default irons are great and barrel options aren't exactly worth it.
    • Up x 1
  10. MrK

This is quite counterproductive if you ask me. The Compensator drawback is to raise exactly what the Laser Sight enhances, ie Hip CoF. I'd do one or the other, and honestly, as stated above, the recoil isn't that much that you'd need a compensator, I'd say.

Let's say that basically, your setup is adding a Compensator on your gun without any drawback, which is eliminated by the Laser Sight. In the end, you lower your vertical recoil, the rest is exactly like before.
  11. r3bornbs

I use Reaper DMR and GR-22 for the ranges on my medic, if i am not sure which type of fight it will be i just equip GR-22. This is the same setup as i have on my engie and la, but they use AC-X11 and GD-7F respectively. I am still not sure if reaper and ac-x11 were a good way to spend certs. But using them is satisfying, i can literally feel the pain of my enemies when these cannons hit them.
  12. r3bornbs

I also have gauss compact S and wanted to buy gauss rifle S, but changed my mind. There is nothing really useful i can put on these S guns - shotgun sucks and kills you more often than enemies, smoke and grenade are nearly useless (imho) to actually care to switch to them. But yeah, our default ar and carbine are indeed decent, maybe not great up close but you still can defend yourself if you play it right.
  13. kennonfodder

exactly. This and you can still pawn at close range.

Mid/long range
    Gauss S >Gauss Default (because of available comp and lower 1st shot recoil)

CQC
    Gauss S >Gauss Default (because COF of Gauss Rifle is smaller)

My point:
    Gauss S with comp and laser sight works at all distances, and it works good.

Anyway, we talk about minor shifts here. This loadout can never be a substitute for anyone in love with the Gauss Rifle, but for someone who will never have friendship with our medic default gun its pure salvation :)
  14. lilleAllan

The Gauss Rifle S is the weaker, nerdy brother of the glorious Ghetto Gauss.

You Gauss S-peasants can hang out at this party, but we have first dibs on the girls. :)
  15. Epic High Five

The Compact S is substantially worse than the Mercenary. Like, hilariously worse. So I was expecting the Gauss S to be a grenade launcher transportation device as well. But I was terribly wrong.

The Gauss S feels almost exactly the same. Beastly as hell and probably the best AR in the game. I generally run Gauss Rifle S with a grenade launcher, because as a medic I'm up close and near ammo packs and nothing beats a noob tube. Think you snuck up on me, mr wraith fury flash? FWOOMP. You don't NEED the grip on this gun, so it's stupid to not give it a minimum of 2 insta kill free grenades every spawn. Makes up for the fact that I'm lugging around revive grenades.

It's still stupidly accurate and hard hitting, it's just more flexible.
    • Up x 1
  16. HeadshotVictim

well... I HATE the Gauss Rifle... I would love to get the Cycler on NC.
    I run with NS-11 A and I am fine with that.
    I tried to get gold medal with the Gauss Rifle and stopped frustrated at Silver Medal. And swore never to use this "wepaon" again...
    but I think it is jsut personal preference.
  17. KnightCole

So I take it you only hipfire ARs and Carbines in CQC fights?

I hated the NC1 cuz its recoil was horrid.

So its Laser/Hipfire/x2? hmm...might have togive that a wack at some point. Grip sure didnt do anything for it.
  18. Epic High Five

Give the S a shot - it's got pretty much the exact same stats. ROF is slightly less and so is the muzzle velocity, but weirdly enough the FSM on the S is 1.5 to the GR's 2.15. It's actually MORE accurate at range considering it also gets the GR's recoil + a tiny amount more vertical climb.
  19. KnightCole

I am bad with burst fire in this game. I am to used to Full auto to make proper use of a 2 shot burst.
  20. Epic High Five

Then just hose **** down, I didn't earn a 12% accuracy with my SAW by meticulously burst firing :) I only recommend it if you're having trouble keeping the gun on target otherwise. I have trouble keeping the Compact S on target past like 10m, so I burst fire with it. Tis but a small price to pay for a noob tube.