[BUG] HUGE Bug with NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rezz, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Rezz

I don't think that the developers care much about their game, but, may as well put this down anyway.

So, as you may know, the NC faction itself is just one huge bug. It needs fixing. It is so clear that the developers of the game favor NC. Let me throw a few things out there.
    • Vanguard
    • Phoenix
    • Gladius
    • Mjolnir
    Take a look at these four things. These four words. They represent the cracks in the game that will never be fixed due to the biased ways of the developers. They favor the NC so much, that they will never do a thing about them. Let's talk about each one individually, shall we?
    Vanguard
    Oh, thank god they nerfed the vanguard shield, right? Shut up. They are the hardest hitting tanks in the game, they have overpowered front armor and not only that but.. They have a shield? It is IMPOSSIBLE to kill a Vanguard when they meet you face to face. Impossible. There is no amount of damage that the Magrider or the Prowler can spit out that gives them the slightest chance of winning against a Vanguard face to face. There's one reason to why the developers of this game seem to favor the NC. Remove the shield, or give the Magriders and Prowlers a shield too, simple. The hardest-hitting tank with the highest amount of front armor does not need a shield.
    Phoenix
    ... Do I even need to say anything about this? The fact that a bunch of heavy assaults can sit behind a shield inside their base and wipe out vehicle after vehicle and nothing can stop them is ridiculous. I don't know what the hell was going through the developers heads to give the NC such an advantage over the other factions. Where are the VS' and TR's Phoenixes? Oh, we don't have any? Oh, great. Guess I'll just not spawn a vehicle at all. If the Phoenixes don't get me, the Vanguards will.
    Gladius
    Nice one devs, give an infiltrator a gun that matches the damage of the Gauss Saw. The heavy assaults aren't even using the Saw anymore, why would they? The developers nerf the canis but not the Gladius? Once again, another thing that shows how much the developers favor the NC. May as well delete our TR and VS characters and move over to NC since the developers will give us better stuff.
    Mjolnir
    This weapon always wins. Go in-game, get a Vulcan or an Aphelion, find someone in the NC with a Mjolnir (Not very hard because they are all using it - they know it's broken) and just fire at each other. This weapon always wins. Not to mention, it has a stupid amount of ammo. Around 600 shots at max ammo rank. The Vulcan would run out of ammo a lot faster than the Mjolnir and so would the Aphelion. You would have to give the Vulcan harasser 2000-3000 shots to be even out with the Mjolnir.
    The complaints will keep on rolling in. People will quit the game, or there will be a huge amount of faction population imbalance until you fix these things. Starting to regret spending the amount of money I have spent on the game when the developers keep ignoring the players and doing their own thing.
    Yes, I'm frustrated, and so are a lot of other people that are not within the NC.
  2. Sazukata

People that are in touch with reality due to playing more than one faction will be here to assist you shortly.
    • Up x 12
  3. LordKrelas

Vanguard.
    The Tank that basically dies unless the enemy attempts to fight them while the shield is up.

Phoenix, the weapon that can't kill a single target, and leaves the user completely vulnerable due to being blind, stationary, and deaf.
    And had the fastest nerf..

Gladius: Hip-fire is hell, but likely the weapon is to be adjusted regardless.

MJ: close-range Arc'ing fire weapon.

Four names, not words.

So favored to have the longest tank, with the longest reload, and a defensive timed shield, that if the tank lacks results in the tank losing to enemy MBTs without them even using their abilities.

Phoenix: A weapon if used outside a spawnroom, makes the user a free kill if seen, has a missile that can be shot, and can't kill any infantry but an infil in one shot.

Gauss Saw, its damage is also met by the standard side-arm.
    Gauss Saw is in use, but not as much, due to the requirements of the Gauss Saw... have you ever used the thing?
    Gladius: Hipfire.

MJ:
    You obviously haven't used a Vulcan or this

Vulcan is a chain-gun firing rapidly as all hell.

NC has the most RNG, skilled-requirements, and easily countered tools.
    We have only RNG-based AI Max weapons.
    We have a sniper rifle with a firing delay.
    We have a heavy weapon that is near identical past a firing mode to every other normal shotgun.
    We have the Gauss Saw as a starter weapon.
    We have the tank requiring an ability be available to win a fight at all - and a very specific fight.
    We have the largest & loudest ESF.

NC's only directive-perk, shortly after being granted, was sent to a VS sidearm in a better form.

If this is being favored..
    What the **** is being hated?
    • Up x 5
  4. FateJH

I thought this was going to be a serious bug report.

Said no one.
    • Up x 11
  5. Doc Jim

Pssst OP, you heard of the Jackhammer?

I won't pretend that I like the NC's access to powerful toys, I don't. But the four items which OP brings up can all be countered. Why OP would decide to frame his argument as a [BUG] thread is beyond me so I won't even bother to read his whining wall of text. Instead of throwing his hands in the air and blaming faction traits, maybe OP should spend some time contemplating how to effectively counter powerful toys instead of repeatedly charging headlong into certain death. Flank the smurfs for ****'s sake.
  6. Rydenan

This post is so ill-informed, it's hilarious.

Vanguard does NOT have any armor advantage, let alone a front armor advantage. All MBTs have identical armor, and Vanguard gets an extra 1000 health. It's also the WEAKEST hitting tank in the game, with lower DPS than the Prowler, Magrider, and even the Lightning.

Phoenix is not that great, even after the bug/buff. Try it, and see how many kills you actually score.

Gladius is inferior to other SMGs in every way. Slower TTK, slower HS TTK, lower DPS, worse aimed accuracy, worse hipfire accuracy, lower RoF, smaller magazine size. It's also the worst-performing of the three new SMGs, according to dasanfall.com. So if you honestly think it's OP, you're just confirming your irrational bias against NC.

Mjolnir is good, but has terrible accuracy, requiring lots of driver and gunner skill and coordination to use effectively. It should be more rewarding than point-n-click weapons like Vulcan or Apheleon.

If NC is so broken OP, why not play NC?
    Oh right, you might get a healthy dose of reality if you do that. And you wouldn't get nearly as many alert win rewards, because NC is just too OP to win any primetime alerts.
    • Up x 9
  7. Luicanus

To be fair most Tankers don't give a rats rear end about raw DPS. If we're doing our job right we'll be in cover for the reload time and thus pure alpha damage is the critical point. You seem to be suggesting that anyone might rather take a Lightning against a 1/2 Vanguard which is absurd.
    Vanguards weakness is it's limited mobility slow and bulky it's easiest to avoid of the MBTs and can be hit easier at range too. As a TR I don't use the Prowler because it's alpha damage is too low and it's unique option makes it stationary which is even worse C4 fodder than the Vanguard.

I do however concur with the essence of everything else you say, OP is talking nonsense in pretty much his entire snarky post.

Although Phoenix should not be able to shoot out of spawn rooms, especially on Tower bases they can nuke the sunderers too easily that way.
    • Up x 1
  8. CutieG

Vanguard is the only tank with a timed ability.
    That alone is a ******* disgrace. It should have an actively managed ability, just like Magrider and Prowler.
    The shield is dull as **** to use and has a barely existent skill floor and a mediocre skill ceiling.
    I'm sure it can be used to great effect, but as a novice tanker you have a lot of trouble finding use for it, as it has absolutely no tangible feedback.

If you use a magboost or lockdown correctly, you will feel the success. If you use it incorrectly, you will feel the failure.
    But with the Vanguard shield, both situations are so close together that they are barely distinguishable. The learning curve is a brick wall because you can only use the thing once per minute, especially if you don't tank all the time with this 450 nanite vehicle.

Did I survive the fight because I used the shield correctly? Or was my enemy just bad and I would have won even without shield?
    Did the shield do anything, when I died anyway? Did I fire it at the wrong time or was there no way to save myself?
    How would I know? It's not comparable to chain-killing MBTs from two hexes away with a lockdown or escaping death with a magboost.

Maybe appealing to the new player experience will encourage Daybreak to do something about this mechanic.
    Hell, even making it something passive, like absorbing a strong attack every X seconds, would make more sense. It would actively encourage an attrition-based playstyle where you make good use of cover and never take more than one hit in a row. Plus, it would be very easy to use for the complete imbeciles that tend to populate the faction.
    The fact that all the newbies choose the faction with the hardest to use equipment is one of the greatest failures of the game.

Anyway, as for the phoenix, I would suggest that it simply needs to go.
    The mechanic is even worse than the MANA turret in terms of absolutely not fitting the reality of the game. Something that requires you to stand still is never feasible outside of spawn rooms and choke points in PS2.
    It needs a complete revamp.
    Maybe make it tri-rocket-launcher, where the three rockets can be shot down and are angled such that they will smash into each other after a certain distance. The spread would make them weaker at short distance (at least against infantry) but very powerful at medium distance, while causing them to evaporate at long range.
    It suits the NC theme of combining the worst aspect of a shotgun with the highest skill ceiling.
  9. SpeedFreakPS0NE

You left out the scat max, the most OP pile of shiat given that inside any base these things are walking one shot instagib farm machines. No other max can obliterate a C4 LA taking out the threat instantly like these things, as for outdoors, let's not go into what ravens can do.

Wrel has totally effed the VS with more of his random BS nerfs, I wish he would just go somewhere else.
    • Up x 1
  10. CutieG

Let's make a deal.
    We give up shotgun Maxes, but only if we can get VS-style AI options with actual ******* accuracy, sustained fire and range.
    • Up x 2
  11. FateJH

Fire Suppression System, Smoke Screen, Magburner.
    You use it to mitigate some of the damage being thrown your way. Whether you activate it or not after judging whether your opponent can quickly get back behind cover, whether he is trying to juke you into wasting the shield for the engagement, is up to you to decide how you want to handle it.

Learn to judge things for what they are and what their performance is like, not what other things are. That's the least I expect from someone calling himself a novice.
  12. AISkander

I agree. I don't play NC anymore just becouse it's too easy.
  13. AISkander

Ok. I'd trade my VS max for your Scattermax anytime. We all know that OBJECTIVES are INDOORS
  14. AISkander

I played NC. I won't anymore. It's just too easy
  15. Liewec123

gladius...
    one of the longest TTK in the game (0.4 landing all shots), HILARIOUS damage drop off dropping FOUR damage tiers over 50m dealing a pathetic 112 outside of medium range,
    lets not mention the erratic recoil.
    the EM1 looks at gladius and laughs.

vanguard...
    the slowest, weakest most cumbersome tank,
    longest repair time, almost always on the bottom of the MBT hierarchy (even before shield became worthless)

phoenix...
    currently useful because it is bugged to reload like every other launcher,
    working as intended you have a practical reload of TEN FREAKING SECONDS,
    this thing can't kill anything when working as intended...

shall we really go on with the super awesome NC junk?
    • Up x 4
  16. AISkander

gladius: It's a SMG, you compared it to a LMG, learn the difference: Argument invalid
    Vanguard: Slowest?? It's 10Km less then a prowler or so. It's the most efficient time and the higher repair time it's becouse IT HAS MORE HP THEN THE OTHER TANKS GOD DAMMIT

Phoenix: Should not be shot inside the spawn room. They nerfed our lancers for NO REASON. Now you must feel the nerfhammer too. Hypocrites
  17. CutieG

Two of those aren't even signature abilities.

What helpful advice.
    My entire point is that this is very hard to learn with an ability that is only available once a minute and only mitigates a percentage of damage for a few seconds.
    My point is not that it cannot be used effectively, but that the mechanic is not fun to learn.
  18. Liewec123

i mentioned EM1 because it is notoriously pathetic, but gladius with its 0.4 second ttk is even worse.
    i wasn't comparing it against saw or something else good to make it look bad,
    i was simply mentioning that the worst weapon in the NC arsenal now has competition for the title.
    a weapon with a terrible ttk within its puny max damage range and ridiculous damage drop off
    combined with horrible erratic recoil.

and we have people complaining that it is op LOL. :D
    • Up x 2
  19. FateJH

You might be limiting yourself to faction-specific abilities but I am not.
    Hence, Fire Suppression and Smoke Screen.

If you can figure out how to tactically utilize any of the former named systems (with the tactics of Smoke Screen / IR Smoke being tenuous at best) then the Vanguard Shield is not much different. Are you going to blame Fire Suppression not being intuitive enough if: you get destroyed even after using it? survive a tough battle even if you've been holding it back to "the last second" and you don't actually use it?

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that having to learn tactics is never fun because that's a blanket statement (as is telling you that they "are fun" or "should be fun"). Instead, I am going to ask you if the time you have spent test-shooting at things that are not other players such as the VR dummies or even walls is equally fun as the time you've spent contested a capture point?
  20. AISkander

Facts are that it is OP, even some NC whispered me that they ain't using the gun becouse is ridicolously strong and they didn't see fair the Canis Nerf to the ground.
    So yeah, you are defending what is Op on your faction, seen many like you before.
    I didn't say "don't nerf the canis" back then. I said "fix the Canis". Now it's usless ****. A Cyclon (another nc gun) that is just worse, people can DODGE the bullets. EVEN with Unstable Ammunition on (not only the HS multiplier got nerfed, but even the ammo size)

PS: EM1 was the second LMG that i auraxiumed on my NC toon

Sayin that Gladius is not overperforming is saying that the lasher is op becouse it does splash damage. Moronic