How do you feel, now that the Double XP has ended?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vepo, Jan 2, 2013.

1. wowie

My feelings are mixed. I had a small book written about it but I deleted it because I realized it would just be kindling for a flame war.
  2. Garakan

i miss it
  3. Shelk

I feel that the current cert system is too high of a cost. If you're wanting to jump around classes, and play each one when they are good for the situation rather than forcing a class, or sticking to the same play style day after day. I mainly play LA/Engy and I am a casual player. I maybe get to play anywhere from 0-2hr a day depending on my work schedule, other commitments, and desire to play other games. With this going back to 'normal' xp, I will probably play less. I have played like this on/off since launch, not at all in beta. Never played PS1. I am a big gamer, but never been too much into FPS as COD games are all cookie-cutter crap shoots. And BF didn't seem my style, tried it but didn't enjoy it.

I dislike doing the same thing over and over, I find myself switching classes often to try them and new styles. Just to find myself extremely limited by certs. Unlocking the gun isn't too bad, but when you add all the attachments it does get high up there. Let alone utility slots, upgraded abilities and the like. Abilities and utility slots should remain class specific, but some things need to be more generic. Example: C4. it's a stick of explosives with a button. Yet I have to unlock it for every applicable class, and to get two it's 500 per class also? Horrible. I find myself sticking to the class I have it unlocked with just so I can contribute to vech kills etc. This should be across all characters, very simple. Logically, and for the reason of not needing to cert farm it over and over. When you buy an attachment for a certain style of gun (lmg, gauss, AR etc) it should be useable across all guns of the like. Sure, the gun may look different, so instead of a full cert cost, maybe 25% (for the change out of parts specific to the gun) you could say. This is appliicable to a lot of cert unlocks, I will not list them all.

I have not had the chance to put certs into a vech or aircraft yet. I have used them stock and just get demolished by certed ones, or infantry with certs. I would rather sink my certs into infantry than vechs at this point as I find them more enjoyable. I would like to see a cert refund system, perhaps with limitations. Once a week, and the certs you regain are locked for a week or something, to prevent people from 'renting' equipment. I spent about 600 certs on a gun/attachments just to find out it was horrible, (in trial it seems good with iron sight, but I did not like the feel as I played longer than 30min) and immediately regreted it. Sure I could come on here and look for the best _____ but it's more interesting to figure it out.

XP should be scaled based on level, flat-lining at what they have it at now. Perhaps 0-10 200-300% and remove 25% every 5 levels until it's at the baseline of current gains. I'm not sure what the tweaking would look like. Starting out was rough. When I got my first 30certs I was so nervous about spending them. I thought "wow, it took awhile to get those... do I blow them on a scope for this starter gun? Or do I save for a gun?" etc Without being able to get them back, or trial attachments (I wasn't even aware I could trial guns until a few weeks in) it was a poor decision what I ended up doing (bought a x4, then couldn't kill things in CQC lol). Now 30certs isn't so bad, I'm not horrible etc but starting out is very 'interesting' considering you're litterally droped into combat with no knowledge of how the points in the game works and what not. I didn't even know how to get more grenades for a week until a friend told me.

At the end of it all, XP needs to be higher when you start and plateu somewhere along the line. Perhaps around BR 40 or so when you have a solid understand of not just to game, but the bases and finer mechanics of all the aspects.

Shelk
    • Up x 1