How do you feel, now that the Double XP has ended?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vepo, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Vepo

I have to say I feel like this:

[IMG]

Mainly because of the n00bs will now disappear back to CoD/BF3 :D

However on another side of things, it has shown that the resources need to be nerfed or something to reduce the amount of tanks and aircraft that can be taken. I take it nearly every server had a zerg of VS Mags and Sycthes in the last few days?
  2. Jaloro

Why on earth would you want people to leave?
    • Up x 17
  3. Protential

FPS, not a MMO. That's how I feel

And I have never seen a player who considered themself not a noob who isn't just camping a vehicle 300m away from the fight.

Waterson have been next to empty for 2-4 days, only one or two bases on the entire server say enemy platoon. The rest are ghost town.

GG Planetside. GG people like Vepo who like to play by themselves.

Mideaswell make 64 person servers...No epic battles exist anymore.
  4. Protential

He's a pilot. He could care less if the game is empty, he will be able to ghost cap. And fly around getting a kill every now and again without having to worry about dying.
  5. Monnor

We got double exp ?
  6. Shark

It is Planetside 2's fault, to some degree.

I mean, I just posted about LA being able to solo key vehicles like Sundies with little to no skill/effort involved. Fly there, place C4, blow up, get points.

Not to mention, MBTs?

Game encourages solo play.

--

In regards to the double EXP, cert gain still felt slow even increased by 100%.

It's going to be an agonizing transition from 40k/hr to 15-20k/hr (because it scales oddly based on actions).
    • Up x 2
  7. Nocturnal7x

I agree with the resources.
  8. bPostal

Double XP ended? I hadn't noticed as I switched up my game play from getting farmed as infantry to farming them myself in my MBT/ESF!
    I'm bored as hell and despise what I've become but the certs are rolling in faster than ever!
    • Up x 1
  9. Xonal

Vepo I wouldn't quite wish the 'noobs' away. They're the playerbase, without them they could go back to PS1 style single server and it would feel like a ghost town.

Also I'd vote for double XP just becoming the norm. It doesn't feel like a ridiculous cert income, it feels just about right. But Higby has tweeted about significant alterations to the XP/Reward structure in the coming months so I'd hope that is going to chase away the personal cert farm fest that this game is anyway.
  10. Ronaldspiers

I wanted PS2 to be Brink x 10000000000000 in regards to teamwork
  11. maxkeiser

I saw more zergs of prowlers, vanguards, reavers and mosquitoes tbh. The latter in particular!
  12. warmachine1

I feel that servers will change into ghost town, even on double week Indar was only populated cont.
  13. scrlk

Double XP is what actually allowed people to buy stuff in the game for once. Grinding 2 hours for everyday, for a couple of weeks for a single decent item (i.e. 500+ cert items) is not fun. 'Casual' players, who hop on for 30 mins or an hour, have a blast and log off is what keeps this game alive as they make up the bulk of the population - if they feel like they are not achieving anything in game, towards some sort of objective (be it in gameplay, or getting an item), they will simply leave.

I'm interested to see the playercount stats since launch - how much have they declined by?
    • Up x 4
  14. PyroPaul

Yes, because obviously those giant zergs of tanks and planes are constantly dying and re-buying their zergs rather then the more obvious problem that they are just not dying and rolling over all opposition (nearly unopposed)
  15. Jestunhi

On your server, while you were playing.

Apparently.

Please do not think that your experience is by default the same as everyone else's. It's only been a week or so since I had to queue to get into Miller and now that we are coming out of the Christmas / New Year period there could well be people returning home and starting to play again.
    • Up x 2
  16. Gobmi

:D

...and the other factions didn't have zergs?

You should really disable that red filter you have.
  17. Ronaldspiers

Yeah Miller is always nice and busy with a decent community on there :)
  18. Crywalker

^
    Especially as a new player.

IMO at low battleranks maybe they should increase cert gains to make it less painful getting some of the most important upgrades.

Then maybe a cert refund every X ranks or XP so mistakes - which let's face it are partly the fault of the game for inaccurate/incomplete information in many places - aren't so permanent. Spending 1k certs on a weapon and finding out it's bad or just not your style really hurts.
  19. gorviss

Whats MBY/ESF mean? So many acronyms on these forums haha
  20. Jestunhi

MBT is main battle tank, the faction specific tank.

ESF is the faction specific air unit (I forget wha it stands for).

:edit: empire specific fighter.
    • Up x 1