How are more casual players supposed to compete with experienced ESF pilots?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ned, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silkensmooth

Right you are trying to have fun, and so are other people. Its not fun to get locked constantly like you currently do in the game.

Not fun for a lot of people. For every hate tell you get, there are 20 people who hate you and just dont feel like sending you a tell.

There is a reason there are lots of a2a missile and coyote threads. It's not because there are just a few 'skyknights' who are sick of constantly getting locked.

The same argument coould and was used by people trying to defend the op lib and zoe max and striker and shotguns too.
  2. quatin

And your opinion is wrong. Labeling its not an argument at all, much less an argument of fallacies. Besides, what of your labeling of lock on users as lame, noob and unsportsmanlike? Are you trying to present "ad hominem" attacks yourself? #hypocrisy
  3. Silkensmooth

Read their posts. They want to win without having to be as good as the person they beat.

They enjoy killing better pilots with locks and then getting hate tells for doing it.

We so called 'skyknights' just want fair fun fights that arent based on loadout.

Obviously you cant remove locks, but they definitely need to be brought in line. Along with coyotes.

People shouldn't be using secondaries as primaries.
  4. Colt556

So why is your fun more important than mine? You claim me using A2AM ruins your fun, but you using the nose gun and reverse maneuver to initiate a hover duel ruins my fun? Explain to me why it's acceptable for you to ruin my fun but I can't ruin yours? Why is your enjoyment of the game more important than mine?
  5. Silkensmooth

Yeah we get it, you dont like the flight mechanics, that has nothing to do with lock-ons.
  6. Colt556

Except it does because part of the reason I hate the flight mechanics is those mechanics cause almost every dogfight to dissolve into an honorable samurai hover duel which makes A2AM stupid to use, not bad, just stupid. I want actual dogfighting in which I can use A2AM properly because I like A2AM.

So I again ask, why is it acceptable for you to ruin my fun with your hover duels and nose guns? If you should be allowed to have fun why shouldn't I?
  7. Silkensmooth

You can have fun without lock-ons. If you cant have fun without weapons that do all of the work for you, then i feel sorry for you.

If the only way you can have fun is by griefing people with weapons that require no skill i feel sorry for you.

The reason you shouldnt have fun griefing people with locks is the same reason you shouldnt be able to use an aim bot.

In a fps the computer shouldnt do the aiming for you.

In a fps you should have to aim. You should have to predict movement and lead targets, and if you are skilled you should be able to avoid attacks.

I dont know how much plainer i can make it for you.
  8. DG-MOD-20

If you'd like to have discussions on these forums, you'll have to do so constructively, and without making personal attacks.

I'm closing this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.