[BUG] How about we fix the jump jets going dead already?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by yama, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Wildclaw

Seriously, if you want to really find out how horrible this bug is, use both Drifter and ordinary Jets with different loadouts. I have to relog pretty much hourly now.
  2. Achmed20

Sounds familiar to me :)
  3. Ashur

It keeps getting "fixed" every patch yet doesn't actually seem to go away, I get it without fault every gaming session in which I play LA more than 5 min, it's getting really, really bloody annoying when you combine it with C4 not working half the time and my grenade launcher not working 90% of the time.
  4. Wildclaw

and people on the internet exaggerating wildly 127% of the time.
  5. Ashur

Sure thing, go pick up the items I said and try them. You will be ready to just about chuck your mouse at the wall after the umpteenth death because your weaponry doesn't work.
  6. Wildclaw

Oh, I have played with them a lot.

I have placed 2804 used C4s, I would say that C4 failure rate is probably less than 1%. Most C4 fails are simple placement failures that is because of me, not some bug.

The grenade launcher is a bit worse. With 819 Trac-5 S kills, all with the grenade launcher attachment, I would say that failure rate is between 25-50% depending on how you use it (it bugs more in some circumstances than others). Yes, it is annoying, so I don't use it very much.

The jet bug only occurs when dying as another class (or with another jet type equpped). It doesn't happen every time, but at a minimum you can very easily verify that your jet is still working by using it immediately after switching class. So that doesn't cause any deaths, although it can force you to relog.
  7. yama

ffsake... just logged in and played for 5 minutes. Jets broke down AGAIN.
    FIX THIS SHAIT ALREADY!
  8. Spectre9000

From what I've been told, the bug happens when you die using the ability of another class, then go LA. I'm not sure as I play LA almost 100%, but the times I've never switched to another class it has never happened to me.
  9. Wildclaw

I have had it happen without using the special ability of the other class. (I specifically paid attention to it, because I had heard the same rumor)

The problem can occur without switching classes as well if you use both drifters and jump jets. Dying with one has a chance of disabling the other.
  10. Spectre9000

So it sounds to me it's an issue in their code, where the jetpacks aren't reinitializing properly under certain conditions. I'm assuming a flag unique to each item that is triggered somehow surrounding the death event that isn't being reset, thus locking out the use of your jetpacks. That's some basic assumptions though, but it really shouldn't be too hard to fix... unless they have a system where fixing one thing is a nightmare... which would be incredibly bad since this is an MMO and very dynamic.
  11. Foreman Joe

Same here, for some reason it started to occur even more often lately. It's really annoying, this bug just destroys your whole game experience, you have to restart the game, meaning you will again spawn at the warp gate, will probably even still have redeploy on cooldown. And if it just keeps happening, you either continue with restarts or just forget about LA and play some other class, because LA without jetpack is just a gimped engineer.

Also grenade launcher works only about 70% of the time. You slam grenade right into enemy face, they laugh and take no damage - WTF? On next respawn it does damage again, but.. duhhhh
    AND please fix the reloading of this launcher from engineer ammo packs - sometimes it reloads no matter how many shots you did, sometimes it reloads for 2 more and that's it, sometime it's not working at all. That's a bit too random and is just an obvious bug.

So please fix all this stuff :)
  12. Elbryan

I've ****** my LA quite a bit and it's very frustrating not being able to use the jump jets. The bug occurs very often. =/
  13. Etcher

Its not really free if some people already spent money on it. A game shouldn't get slack just because the company is doing poorly. That's not fair to the consumer. I understand that people have it rough, but so do a lot of other people in this world.
  14. japro

I'm pretty certain i don't have to relog every 5 minutes, every 1-3 hours sounds more like it and only if I switch classes (never had it go dead when only playing LA in a session). C4 is super reliable for me. Most of the cases where it "doesn't work" are the ones where it gets blown up by another explosion before I can manually detonate... Also the nade launcher works "90%" at long range for me.
  15. RomulusX

16. Flukeman62

*smack
  17. Erendil

Yeah it's annoying as hell to have to relog and get sent back to your warpgate in order to fix it (why doesn't PS2 save your location when you relog? R.I.P. on another good PS1 feature I guess). Ive pretty much stopped playing LA, in large part due to this bug.

Well, that and the fact you don't have access to rocket launchers or battle rifles. And you can't repair vehicles. And don't have unlimited ammo....

Wait, what was LA useful for again?
  18. SecularPope

Thats economics bro.

Sony has an ethical obligation to their shareholders to make as much in terms of profit as they possibly can - this obligation supersedes any they have to their consumers.
  19. Miros

It seems to only occur when I die in the air, even if I'm not actually HITTING my jump pack. I get this bug sometimes after I die in a mossie when playing LA to drop in, or if I die outside of the mossie but haven't hit my pack yet it still happens. Of course it happens sometimes if I die while jet packing too. It seems to have no rhyme or reason.
  20. Brusilov [TR]

Yeah, for me it's like the game punishing me for owning noobs too hard. "Ok, that's enough! It's bad enough that you are strapped to the teeth with enough explosives to destroy an entire Zerg, you are now no longer allowed to do so while juking around and avoiding death!"

I find that switching to drifters will often work and a mate says switching back fixes it for him... But I haven't been so lucky. Relogging seems like the only way to get them back for me:(