[BUG] How about we fix the jump jets going dead already?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by yama, Dec 14, 2012.

1. yama

This bug has been in game since early September.

Frankly, I'm tired of having to abandon the front lines, relog and travel back there multiple times a night to get my jump jets back in working condition.
    • Up x 8
  2. Steppa

Very, very, very annoying. It doesn't happen every time, but if I switch to something else, say to run HA for a while or to grab an engineer's kit to repair a Sunderer or something, switching back there's a better than even chance my jets won't work.
    • Up x 1
  3. Achmed20

just switching to HA seem to bug me allready. im not completly sure, but it only seem to bug me if i activate the HA shield. guess the the special ability (f) gets rebind internaly somehow (since its SPACE for us) and wont get changed back.

happend yesterday after we took the skydock. switched back to my LA and happily threw myself down the cliff.
    you can guess what happened then ...
  4. vesku

for me it usually happened when i died flying and spacebar was pressed down
  5. PeterLawford

It's just so irritating. It's like the game saying "you're done playing light assault." I don't actually play light assault that much. For me it's highly situational, and the situation is usually gone by the time I relog and get back to where I was.
    • Up x 4
  6. gunshooter

you're a beta tester here to beta test, why are you complaining about bugs?
  7. Ghoest

I thought they had fixed it - but I just had it again.
  8. yama

Beta officially ended on November 16th and the game was launched November 20th. It was not ready of course but it was released and they really should get around to fixing an old bug like this.
  9. yama

Another 2 patches and "game update 1" later, the bug is still present.
  10. Achmed20

support/devs allready stated thats its hard to fix because its hard to replicate and you cant fix things you cant replicate.
  11. Esxraptor

MMMmmmmmmmmm

Get employee(s)

Sit infront of running game client for 8 hours daily

Repeat reported bug causing feature until bug manifests itself. (look above for many variations of this - not hard)

Note effect/results

Pass to Devs to fix

What's the problem ?
  12. Achmed20

from a developers point of view? time!
    its a waste of time and effort to have many people at once tying to find one single bug, when there cleary is so much else bugged. and especialy this bug which is not crucial at all (froma dev POV) because a simple replog fixes it. thats the way it works.

and before any1 starts playing the "im customer" card or whatever else, ask yourself if you would rather spent weeks with finding a little typing error you made, or do the rest of your 100 open tasks which will likely be done in less then a week.
    • Up x 1
  13. Esxraptor

Thanks for the reply

Just slightly bemused .... and I understand your arguement completely.... it's just that Sony Corp is hardly a "small" development outfit ( I have absolutely no idea how many people are employed by the department responsible ) and this bug actually effects a rather important assault class really? So I have to wonder why it's being allowed to "slip" down the "to do" list :)

Fair ?

EDIT

OK fair warrior.... time to fly over this forcefield and do battle with the defending ants.... OOOOOOPPPPSSS!!!!!

No Fly = Fail !!!
  14. xenoneo

I mainly play LA and this bug has been killing me a ton lately.
    In my experience since this bug was in beta, I never had this problem until I maxed my jumpjet with certs, in launch.
    Now it happens all the time.

Testing what causes it aside, logically I think that there is an association in code between the dead LA and the revived/respawned LA.
    The fix "may" be simply to revert the LA to default after every death.
    Reviving or respawning will add the upgraded certs to the LA, like a resupply terminal.
    Whatever the case may that is causing this, be it dying while flying or the last upgrade having an effect on the respawn state, it should be able to be fixed by the programmers by logically preventing the state after death problem no matter how it is caused.

What we know is, when we die, we spawn without working jumpjets.
    That is the only thing they need to know to fix it, so I hope they prioritize this issue.
  15. Cindarr

Even though you can't use the normal jetpacks, the drifter ones still work.
  16. Dral

Please fix this, even for a free to play game its a joke this still happens. Only class with a class defining mechanic that breaks ALL THE TIME.
  17. Foreman Joe

Had same issue today. So I have to restart the game to fix this?? God this is annoying! And then you need to redrop to warzone, rejoin squad, just losing time on all this.. pff, and people say it's there since SEPTEMBER? WOW, just wow
  18. Wildclaw

The opposite also happens. I have had ordinary jets work while drifters didn't.
  19. SecularPope

Actually I made this point in another post but I will make it again here. Sony as a company has been hemorrhaging money. Their revenues are in the red. Their stock is worth about 10% what it was trading at a decade ago (not counting inflation). Game publishing has never been a huge cash cow for them outside of Everquest.... so I highly doubt they are just throwing employees at their online development / publishing departments and giving them huge budgets.... especially for a freemium game. Patience....
  20. Esxraptor

Thanks and understood :)

My own field of expertise, CNC Production Engineering (Aircraft/F1 Racing & Nuclear) is far removed from Game Publishing. In all fairness... I did try to get that across in my post :)