[BUG] How about we fix the jump jets going dead already?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by yama, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Forumguy2

Lol, it took SoE 3 weeks to fix a horn, your issue is complicated so i think you should expect a 12 month wait time starting now #starts watch#
  2. D0gSoldi3r

i cannot believe this still hasn't been fixed yet, nothing more annoying than base jumping off a cliff to find midway through you're fall the jetpack won't work, if this was for any other class like Sniper there would be outcry...
  3. Miros

I've had a strange bug with the jump jets yesterday. I certed into rank 4 Jump Jets and whenever I would let go of the jet about 4 pips of the meter would fill instantly. Also I could keep flying for about 5 seconds after the meter ran out. This occurred all day until I logged out, when I played today it was gone. I didn't take a video of it because I thought maybe the cert was just making the fuel more efficient, I probably should have realized. In either case, it kinda seems like the jump jets are somehow getting mixed with the drifter jets when you spawn somehow. I remember in the beta when I used drifter jets when you let go it refilled almost instantly just like my jump jets were. Can anybody who uses drifters shed some light?
  4. Cinc

SOE, i realize this is a complicated bug your ignoring and that it would take alot of work to fix it...

But do you have any idea how many of us want to shoot you at this point? "Oh, ok, im finished with this HA now that we've fought off that tank assault. Know i'll just try and get my LA again and... oh GOD-DAMMIT!"

AT THE VERY LEAST, give us some sort of mass-reset button or something. Something that will effectively log us out and back in, but let us stay in the exact same position. I dont CARE if i have to wait 10 seconds, so long as i can get my jetpack back im happy.
    • Up x 1
  5. Steppa

Why are you ******** about things like this when the horns don't work properly?

lol

Being a Tribes veteran, I used the LA almost exclusively until about three weeks ago, when I started certing heavily into HA.
  6. Clogman

Signed.
    How about fixing it allready SOE.
  7. Iridar51

Just play LA, stick it to the manly class. Other classes probably don't even have beards. Arrgh, the thought alone disgusts me.
  8. Foreman Joe

This sounds like a good idea. Might be in form of some slash command, like "/reset" so it won't be so obvious and take space in the interface, but people who really need it will know and use it.
  9. yama

Ok SOE, it's the future now. Totally post apocalypse.
    Fix this.

The constant relighting is gnawing on my bones.
  10. ViXeN

Yes this happens to me about every 30-40 minutes and the only way to fix it is to restart.
  11. Chancellor Gowron

Well they did finally fix at least one other major bug with the jetpack where if your feet touched a surface while using it it stopped the thrust but continued depleting fuel
  12. Intrinsic

This seems to happen to me if i die while using the jump jets, or even on any class while holding down the space bar to just jump. I think this is the key thing.
  13. Obbu

Found some additional info on the bug:

Curiously, if your drifter jump jets bug out like this - your regular ones will still work if you use the normal jump jets instead. This is without relogging.
  14. Talizzar

I have yet to have this happen to me, but I know people in my outfit have had it happen. There must be some combination of events that make this happen.
  15. Aege

I don't believe I've ever noticed this bug after spawning from an AMS. I can't say that I payed attention to where I spawned, but usually when I happens to me, the scenario is:
    Jumpjet into the air --> Die while jets are active --> Respawn --> Jump off cliff --> Fall to my death --> Relog

It feels like while your HUD shows you have full energy, your client thinks the energy is still depleted, although it could simply be that the client thinks you have no jets equiped (the skill has not been reactivated after spawn).
  16. yama

A new game update is on the horizon.. And while I am looking forward to it.. I'm also not getting my hope up.
    Hope of them finally fixing a bug that has been in the game for 3 months.

Ahh far cry 3.. The definition of insanity.
    Posting in here over and over again.. Expecting a different outcome.

I knew I was going coo coo over this bug sooner or later.......
  17. Nikushimi

That was Einstein's, farcry 3 was just quoted him.

Einstein:"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"
  18. yama

I know.. That's beside the point tough..

Please, tell me who said this:
    "Nobody likes a smart ***" :)
  19. Siilk

The JJ bug is a real mood killer. :/ Hope to see the fix soon...
  20. yama

"Mostly liberator balance changes, hopefully we'll get the jumpjet fix in there too!
    by Matthew Higby about 14 hours ago"

Yes higby, hopefully.
    I'll believe it when I see it.