Higby's disconnect with reality

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ps2x518, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetlag

Why does he want to remove a feature from the game that is already developed and implemented?
    Obviously it is causing issues, either being a memory drain or some game breaking bug they cant resolve.

If they were having issues with the map they shouldnt have added more crap to it like all those useless flashing lights we see. Now thats a feature you can remove if you want Higby.
    Seems like since GU2 my game takes 1-2 seconds to open the map now, makes it frustrating when flying :/
  2. SolLeks

I lead quite a bit and have never used this filter. I go by hotspots and 'enemy(s) squads/platoon/platoons detected" around the edge of the hexes that are touching our hexes. more doesn't hurt, but I don't use it.
  3. Neopopulas

Someone needs to start a campaign to get things off twitter and reddit and on the actual official forums where they belong.
    • Up x 3
  4. Compass

Shoo, I remember in Tribes 1 where the game wouldn't even show you the location of the enemy base, much less whether the capturable points were yours or the enemy's. Nothing like walking into a landing bay and getting shot by a defense turret, amirite?
  5. ps2x518

Okay guys I edited the last sentence of my post. I was just caught up in the moment and a little bit angry, sorry if I offended anyone. Just want to spark a good discussion.
  6. Bambolero

Yep.
    Getting rid of the feature is actually good for the game.
    It spreads the players around more, it makes outfits use scouts for intel more, it prevents platoons from avoiding other zergs just so they can ghost cap empty or very poorly defended facilities instead of fighting the zerg when they already have the numbers... etc etc.
    It seems like Ez-mode crowd isnt't happy though.
    Actually they are vewy vewy angwy..
    Funny.
  7. Hosp

TE needs to stop their Campaign to prop up Buzz and smear SOE.

Messed up quoting, But as I mentioned, Avatar doesn't copy.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bankrotas

Or at least post on forums also, not only those places, part of community doesn't use.
  9. Bigpapasquatch

I have no idea why I feel the need to clarify why having this feature is a good thing, despite a part of me that agrees that a more 'on the ground' tactical intelligence would be cool in it's own right.

Basically, it helps outfits find the fights. I know it isn't ideal, but at least it keeps the action going. If people need to justify it, just say it's satellites, or drones, or a witch/wizard that tells you where people are fighting.

Probably a wizard.
  10. RedPsycho

And how would that fix it? People would still claim something that isn't true either way you slice it. He asked a general question and got general answers. It was a group of people HERE that blew it up. If you look at the people who responded on Twitter they actually answered his question and not claimed he was removing it and he's terrible at his job.
    • Up x 1
  11. MrBloodworth

• Up x 1
  12. ps2x518

How does this support your theory at all? So I just joined and am following OrangeSoda because he wrote a lattice thesis back during beta and I highly value his opinions. What does that have to do with anything?
  13. Hosp

14. Haterade

They have an idea and ask the players for their opinion (i.e. the reality of the situation). Yet he's disconnected with reality? He's actively trying to connect with reality as the players see it.

I really like how interactive the developers are with the community. It seems the community isn't ready for it, though. Even when they actively seek out opinions before doing something people start yelling.
  15. ps2x518

Click the link, it will bring you to HIgbys twitter.
  16. ps2x518

17. Stormlight666

18. Hosp

Why did you take his twitter post purposely out of context?
  19. Stormlight666

He deserves to be attacked. Some would argue savaged by a pack of toothless gophers.
  20. Stormlight666

Well not like we ever see or hear from the Community Relations Manager or know who it is. So we go for the person who publicly fits the bill.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.