[Higby] Nice one, now THIS I aprove of ! :)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inzababa, Feb 16, 2013.

1. dirtYbird

Yes, hi2u
  2. Accuser

Here's the problem:
    The Devs (particularly Higby) say "X is not imbalanced, we aren't changing it"
    Where X = Magriders, Rocket Pods,etc.
    Then they nerf them (sometimes by a LOT)
    Then they say "Well X was completely imbalanced and you're an idiot if you think otherwise"
    • Up x 4
  3. NoXousX

Well the prowler is OP as ****, particularly in comparison to the mag.

I don't know if you've watched his interaction with the community, but I watched the live stream from one of the VS outfits (I think it was azure twilight), and as soon as anyone brought up something that didn't suite his outlook for the game he got extremely defensive.

You can't argue with the guy. He's the "creative director." Whatever the hell that means, and all he does is put his misinformed and lousy agenda in to the game.
    • Up x 2
  4. sosolidshoe

Pretty much this, most people are less annoyed by the changes themselves than they are by the fact that the changes bear knob-all resemblance to the ones we were told to expect(and just for the record, to preempt the NC trollers who are lol-arious calling VS teary whiners considering the forums were a sea of NC tears for months on end on every possible subject, I pull a mag about once a week, I prefer infantry).

Half of that is down to Higby's blatant unprofessionalism, the rest is down to the stupid social media they insist on using over the forums, where they could give a detailed breakdown of their reasoning instead of putting out brief and uninformative tweets and then turning into passive-aggressive babies when people call them on their inconsistency.

Also, why are SOE obviously going to such effort to set Jimmy and Maggie up as "the public face" of PS2, if they're just going to let other devs who evidently lack any sort of knack for public communication derp in every few weeks and bugger it all up?
    • Up x 3
  5. Autarkis

EDIT: nevermind
  6. Isila

If, in fact, we did have a three faction game where one of the factions was populated almost entirely by worthless FotM scrubs that bailed as soon as their favorite OP toy got balanced, I'd be perfectly fine with it becoming a two-faction game. The perfect no-drop sniper strafing spider tank was broken, everybody knew it, and the data showed it. It got balanced, suck it up and play.
    • Up x 1
  7. Fox Reinhold

This was a great chance for them to take the best of PS1 and make it bigger and better with new ideas and new additions. Artillery that didn't suck for example. Instead of just wholesale ripping off PS1. Artillery (The Scorpion) was in PS1 but basically required trig in order to use correctly. Myself being a former math and science teacher, I would love to use trig in the game (sin, cos, and tan are good buddies of mine), but there are better ways to go about it...

Artillery would be such a huge game changer that would add a whole new element of strategy to the game. A vehicle that is fragile, powerful, but expensive, an artillery unit would require a field man with a targeting laser (The targeting laser itself would have to be picked up at the artillery platform). The laser must be held on the target the entire time, from start to finish, to guide the projectile. The laser would be visible to the other team, so the guider could be taken out unless properly defended by other infantry. A successful strike would have a huge AoE and be extremely damaging to armor and infantry alike (say a 20 - 30 meter radius? the gun would have a large "reload" time to compensate). But this requires team work in both defending the artillery platform itself from air strikes and flanking maneuvers as well as defense of the guider in the field. If any part of the system "breaks down" (aka gets shot a lot and dies) the strike is unsuccessful.

This would...

1. Force "holed up" squads to go outside the building to knock out the artillery, less they simply be bombarded into submission.
    2. Give Infiltrators a new role, as they could help pick off poorly placed guiding soldiers (who can't move while using the laser lest the projectile lose track)
    3. Give ESFs a more advanced bombing role (taking out that artillery platform should be a priority.)
    4. Give ESFs another new role (guard the "high skies" from liberators attempting to dalton the artillery platform, which would anchor itself once it's in "firing mode")

I mean I'm no "creative director", these are just my thoughts that I literally thought up on the spot while watching "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia".

WILDCARD *******!
  8. Tasogie

holy ****, thought I was last of the old farts from the TPG days.
  9. Veri

I rarely use the magrider so I have not notice the difference.
    I recently used it and found it still does the job well.
    • Up x 3
  10. forkyar

higby got tired of responding to the whinny vs so he got annoyed and said that,it isn't a big deal,get over it whiner's.
  11. Xasapis

Funny how they removed the other two trolling "Higby" threads and left this one intact.
  12. DukeFlash

What's wrong with removing duplicate threads?...
  13. Maljas23

People on these forums will try to use anything to take a shot at the guys in charge.

Also... Higby on top.

I approve.
  14. Xasapis

They didn't remove this one.
    While the other two deteriorated into flaming war, this one is full of snark comments and baiting. Not to mention it's moderating based on double standards. This one is the "positive" copy of the originally three threads.
  15. Kubor

All I can say is that, personally, I still find Magriders incredibly difficult to beat.

Many just sit there mashing ADADADADAD which means that a lot of your rounds will miss. Anybody that uses a Prowler knows that on paper, firing two shells in quick succession sounds good, but getting them both to land close together without needing to correct your aim isn't going to happen. Add in the Mag strafe and you've pretty much lost the dual round advantage.

I think the tanks are very well balanced now. Although I will freely admit that I'm a lot more comfortable with engaging a Vanguard than I am a Magrider. When I see a Mag I usually retreat unless it's really close by.

Tanks battles feel really good now.
  16. Jachim

Your tears taste like grapejuice :>
  17. Maljas23

Lol. Love how you based your response on nothing but blank assumptions. You have no clue why they didn't kill this thread nor does anyone else. Instead of taking shots at SOE, why not just wait until a mod comes in with a response or just closes the thread later.

Cmon
    • Up x 1
  18. Hunter_Killers

TR and NC = Praising poor communication and testing.

This type of balancing is going to swing around the entire game eventually.
    • Up x 1
  19. Fenrys

Some people seem surprised to hear such blunt honesty from a wageslave stuck inside the corporate monoculture.

Maybe if those people complained less, real talk could become the norm and it would be less shocking.
  20. Deavonere

You are already getting flame throwers. This means that you'll have both, CQC and medium ranged weapons. That's already a nerf for NC. If they'll change all shotguns for MAX then we will probably whine a bit and then adapt. Just like we did after VS whine nerf at the end of beta.