Heavy assault + resist shield + ( Ar/SMG like LMG ) are seriously OP and imbalanced ...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, Aug 22, 2013.

1. MrScrubbypants

Wait, this thread is still a thing? C'mon Stew, just let it go. All you're doing at this point is digging your own grave.

And seriously dude... spellcheck.
    • Up x 1
  2. Scudmungus

O-o Every online community needs its Forum Fool.
  3. Stew360

iam still doing really good at this game , but the thing is having a single classes who have this much survivability and who change as much the raw ttk is Unworthy and skilless simple as thats , been able tom achive some 9.0 KDR when the same guys could never achive thats with others classes mostly around 3 4 5 maximum ;)

NW and HA shield are unworthy and skilless , i know some of your mates could not live whiout those , but still the facts remain

There is NO logical reason why the HA should be grant of such a Insane amount of shield and stackable HP boost abilitys , iam sorry the HA have a way to vast and large amount or weapons available and its capavity to be way to good at anything thats really matters like ( CAPTURING , and DEFEND points ) are Obvious

Trying to defend thats is Overly biased , trying to defend the NW or the HA shield as they are , hide some awefull biased BS

Iam not biased , iam truely for one thing , BALANCE and SKILLS BASED COMBAT , you will never see me say ever that a classes who can have almost 2X ttk is balance when this classes have acess to NON restrictive arsenal and speed moovements , iam sorry

in this game especially with the LAG compensation value , you are almost never seen exactly where you are on the client and HA classes is the best at exploiting this mechanics because of its survivability , fast corner peak mixed with RS5 NW5 is simply overkill

But hey as long as you can exploits it its fine rigth ? when i say you i talk about your clan as a whole ...

I dont have the same mind set , iam for BALANCE between classes , BEtween weapons and Beetween empires , i want a fair and skills based experience where i have CHOICE and not been forced into a broken playstyle , because its simply the only way to remain competitive

Also you told me in private message in game thats you were not the type of person who volontary handicap himself , is it true ? Yes it is ...

Here you can see thats iam not using NW but the Amo suits slots , yeah i play fair do you ?

4. Terrex

Stew, HA is fine. Just quit being a fairy all the time. HA has a shield, you get a jet pack. Equal trade off.
    • Up x 2
  5. Fortress

Fair and skill based experience? You are aware of what game you're playing, right?

But honestly, stewy boy, most of us would be ok with breaking the holy trinity of NW5+RS+Medkits.

We could change the resist shield to apply a 90% reduction to shields only, for example. Or remove the Heavy's utility slot.

We could do a lot of things to fix this issue. But, first you need to stop talking about it because we just can't take you or your pet projects seriously when you sound like your first language is Google Translate.
  6. Stew360

Also Ender my dear , you should understand a concept here , Stop playing with words and concept with me , Like in your beloved math i simplified to the lowest terms , so in others words

I dont care about how the mechanics as been design under the hood to justified X or Y , I ONLY CARE ABOUT ONE THING

HOW this mechanics impact the game and the raw ttk , No matters if its a health buff or a damage mitigation , both will have the exact same effect ;) , having a shield thats work the same way who simply grant X numbers of health buff , by the end will result at the same thing

If a grant a shield thats give roughly 1000 HP and ad 250 HP nw and ad 1000 Hp basic hp i will still end up with the same result 16 shot of a 143 damage per shot weapons to be kills

No matters whats are the concept or the design behind the X and Y , all thats matters by the end is HOW it affect the TTK in game , simple to test it , get a target and shoot at it and start counting

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Whiles this same target can drop you in less than 1/2 time ;) ,Also if there is multiples target unsing the same loadout , HA shield NW , it become almost exponential , 1 target become 2 equivalent , 2 become 4 , 4 become 8 and 8 become 16 and so on ..

if you can defend this than man i cant help you ...
  7. Stew360

As long as it does not negate more than 3-4 shot and not been stackable with Nanoweave ,it will be ok with me ... also in my opinion Nanoweave as to be remoove compleatly ;)

HA shield need a solutions to bring the classes in part with others in term of raw ttk efficiency , HA are not suposed to be maxs suits , those are primarely anti vehicules classes and anti maxs classes , with a great arsenal at their disposal ...
  8. Raraldor

First off you don't get to decide on your own what is skilless. People think I'm skilless because I run rampant with an infiltrator and take out a guy at a time and run away. That's how the class operates and that's what I'll do sometimes.

the logic behind him having large health pools is that it's how a heavy class operates. They aren't manueverable in the slightest, they can't heal themselves, and they can't cloak or give themselves ammo/place turrets.

look at my player stats on my NC character and you'll see I played only 1% of Heavy Assault during his lifetime. How can I be biased when I very rarely even touch the shield? Hell sometimes I forget I even have it and try to cloak and run away instead.

Okay, now for the big one, one that's gonna be interesting to see how it's taken. Balance is not something that makes games interesting or skill based, and to be frank, I don't want everything to be perfectly balanced. I don't even think you are aware of what you are asking Stew. Perfect balance would be everyone having the same thing, same abilities, same gun stats, same aircraft stats, and the same health, forever right? Can't be OP or UP when everyone gets to cloak, fly, heal themselves and allies, and get a shield. If everyone had the same hp and same shields and same buffs the game would get stale in two days. I want to be forced to be cautious or even slightly fearful of the fight up ahead. I want to know that there is almost literally no chance of winning this fight, but I go through with it anyway cause it's fun, and when I'm triumphant I feel great cause holy **** I just took down three heavies and a medic in 3 seconds. I want these challenges in the game as they are, these "boss fights", because that's where the true skill shines, in overcoming it by learning.

Instead of perfect balance you get three factions with varying degrees of strengths and weakness that make for an exciting game. Your magrider gets to strafe around while our vanguard gets a shield. Your enemy infiltrator gets to attempt an escape and ambush you later if you feel the need to give chase, while you are a lumbering hunk of armor with a machine gun. Who wins? Find out in 2 seconds as you run after him and pass him instantly without knowing. Your Reaver can take a bit more of a beating and has a shotgun, while the scythe is nimble and quick, with a cannon-like weapon that fires a bit slower but is great for taking out hiding infantry. Which is better? Why not fight one and find out? Alright, now try again, but do something else this time, you might win. You're surprised by a light assault while you are an infiltrator, you surprised each other actually. You decide to cloak but the light assault immediately activates his jump jets and gets an easy view of where you went and bam you lose.

TLDR this game is awesome and nothing needs to be changed to any of the classes, just keep diversifying them.
  9. Stew360

Youre exemple is bad and cant be compare , playing infiltrator isnt skilless , its skillfull since having less health but having the ability to cloack need some kind of ( creepers skills ;) , you need to learn how to play efficiently as a infiltrator , you need to get the jump on peoples etc..etc..

peoples who say otherwise show their personal frustration because they arent aware of their environements lol , infiltrator are easy to see for me if they are not UBER good ;)

HA and its shield ability is compleatly different , HA shield simply grant more HP and resistance it is a no brainers and dont need to be practice to really get good at , their magazine capacity and overall survivability are more than forgiving lol

you cant compare anything to thats the HA shield stack with NW is Overkills simple as thats , its a no brainers and a easyway to be little less bad for bad players , but it can be overly abused and exploited by good players and this is where the problems comes up , good or really good players have to much of a edge thats cant be compare to a jetpack or to a nano healing or to the ability to repair thing or to a cloak iam sorry
  10. Jeslis

" NON restrictive arsenal and speed moovements " <Stew.

When the shield is up (any shield type) you move slower... test it for yourself.
  11. Raraldor

you are getting HP for that inability to cloak, it's so simple that I don't understand why you made this thread. "but it can be overly abused and exploited by good players and this is where the problems comes up" can be said by anyone who is annoyed with any class, and is not an argument in any way. Heavy Assaults are sitting ducks for bullets, so they need that health to be viable. This isn't some kind of dueling game where every battle is supervised to make sure people don't break any of the rules, it's a game where **** goes down 4 times a minute. If you were really as skillful as you keep trying to say these heavy assaults with resist shields should provide a nice challenge to you, not something that you think needs to be nerfed to all hell.

You don't think Heavy assaults need to learn how to play efficiently? Heavy assault is probably the hardest class in the game to perfect. You can't run, you can't manuever, you can't heal, and you can't dodge bullets for **** cause no one can while aiming down sights, and you have to do that because the machine gun's spread is large. You are quite literally the bullet magnet of PS2. You need to be constantly focused to take down three guys like you seem to think is no problem for heavy assaults with resist shields and NW armor. You need to get that first shot in or else you lose.
  12. Stew360

Is infiltrator can destoy aicraft ? Maxs ? Tanks ? Is the infiltrator have acess to Anti vehicules grenades or C4 ? Is the infiltrator have acess to HA weapons ? Concussion grenade ?

HA already have a roles and this roles does not justified their shield and survivability value , been able to cloak is a sidegrade to be it doesent affect the RAW ttk , and infiltrator CANT kill while cloak ,

Once agains cant be compare , is the infiltrator get a cloak for its inability to have rocket launchers ? or is the ligth assault get a jetpack because it dosent have acess to repair tool ? No its not

HA is primarely the heavy weapons classes and its shield as be way to OVERBUFF and its survivability as reach a level that i cant stand ... Skills in a shooter game as to come first , we have a maxs who serve as a tanks infantry classes and maxs beside the awefull ZOE design are balancing themself based on speed and slugishness ;)

HA does not have anything thats justified a game breaking amiount of HP like the 16 shot to be kills issue that iam pointing out in this treads

jetpack dont make peoples more resistance and make a noise while used , same for infiltrator , etc.. ENG and MEdic are primarely suport roles but they are also as combat roles as much as others classes a DEAD medic cant revive peoples , A dead eng cant repair anything lol

TTK as to be much more close between classes than whats we have curently , NW should be remoove and HA shield should not grant more than 1.5 X of the actual NW so around 3 to 4 shot worth of damage , this is whats iam asking for and this is whats i see been ( reasonable )
  13. Stew360

Irrevelant SMG strafe speed boost the HA strafe speed while shielded

Almost all classes are almost as slow while strafing and even more while ADS , the nerf in speed does not affect them while in a firefigth by any mean , it could only affect them while been in the open and trying to run in the middle of the place with shield on lol

Others than that when it matters the shield speed debuff dosent affect the HA much at all by any mean and i can proove it do you want me to ?
  14. Raraldor

Yes. Yes that is exactly why the infiltrator has a cloak and that is exactly why the light assault has it's jetpack. Because that's what makes it that class, that's why they have it, because they don't have the other things.

A heavy assault won't last four seconds to a single person who is more skilled than him, no matter his load out. A skilled heavy assault will be hard pressed to survive being pitted against 2 people of average skill. The shield is fine where it is.

As far as it having a rocket launcher, why does that matter? Engineers have an anti-vehicle turret that's arguably better than the heavy assaults launchers. The normal ones aren't even that good at taking out tanks and the like. It's pretty bad, you gotta go and reload some of the launchers at a terminal before you have done enough damage to kill a MBT, and definitely a sunderer.

You are really starting to fall apart in your reasoning now. This is getting kinda boring :/ I'll probably bother with maybe a couple more messaged before I get bored of you.
  15. Stew360

Compleatly false ;)

If you are almost equally skills as me the one of the 2 who is using Nanoweave Or HA or Both gonna win most enconter simple as that , As long as the 1 VS 1 isnt perfectly balanced the 1 vs 3 2 versus 6 wont be balance as well , this game happen to end up with pops disparity etc..

This lead to the necessity to have a even stronger 1 vs 1 balance , because you migth end up many time having to deal with multiples target and imbalanced team size so skills as to matters the most , 10 guys who are insanely skilled should not have to be forced into using HA to figths agains 20 HA and 10 anything else ...

Sorry but even maxs have kinda been balanced around speed and so they can be C4 etc.. but the maxs is the only exeption

HA should be consider like any classes and the 16 shot resistance like you can see here is unaceptable Period and nothing can justified thats others than biased peoples who enjoy to abuse it ...

this here is unworthy unaceptable and unjustified
  16. Lucidius134

What is he being shot with? I play VS but the new sounds throw me off. Is that a Solstice?
  17. Raraldor

if I had the time I am almost certain I could pick out things from all of your posts and see you prove yourself wrong like, 4 times. Anyway, you seem to be missing a human element to this entire thing. Resist shield is very distinct and everyone knows what it is and does, so they will act accordingly. How many headshots do you think that resist shield can take? Cause if it's a cqc battle that's what everyone going against a resist shield will learn to aim for.

no matter how many times I read this I simply can not completely understand what you are saying. I don't mean to bring this to "your grammar needs work" but it really does. I get that english may not be your first language, but I simply can't understand what's being said.
  18. Stew360

PulsarVs1
  19. Lucidius134

that's only max damage too. put it out to 30m and it'll probably drop off even higher + misses
  20. Stew360

You seams to fail to understand that RS5 NW5 combo in pair with medic kit simply make the HA a absolute classes at anything , they have acess to everything every single weapons type even a sniper like ( warden ) semi auto ( sniper ) , SMG , Shotguns , LMG , AR/LMG , 2 type of exclusive grenade , etc..

The shield yes the shield is unique yeah part of the classes ok but its VALUE ARE WAY TO HIGH and cant be back up by any weakness that the classes can be exploited on , the HA are basically as agile and more powerfull and more suited for anything and on top of that they can exploits a 2X ttk ...

iam sorry but i dont ask to remoove the shield from the HA but I ask to make it much less resistant like 3 to 4 shot maximum ( depending on weapons and range but pass thats it become some 100 % or 110 % HP buff , the result in game is obvious ...

NW as to be remoove from the suits slots as a whole so this way the ability to stack NW RS wont be possible but also all infantry classes will be able to enjoy some True suitslot custumisation no having to use NW as a unique options to remain competitive

HA shield as a whole as to be tone down thats all simple no ?