Heavy assault + resist shield + ( Ar/SMG like LMG ) are seriously OP and imbalanced ...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, Aug 22, 2013.

1. LT_Latency

Resist shield block about 50% damage.

Normal soliders get 500hp and 500 shield for a total of 1000 total damage

with resist you get (500hp + 500shield) * 1.5 = 1500 total damage.

If the shield is not on for every point of damage you take the total damage you can take is greatly reduced
  2. Negator

Hey stew, this is math right here.
  3. Stew360

HERE you have it , then if your calcul is corect someones with NW 5 become a ( 500hp + 500 shield + 250 NW ) X 1.5 = 1875 HP total with RS on right ?

So a the basic VS medic gun does 143 damage under 10 metre wich was the optimal reange thats we did in the video it mean Whiout NW but RS on the VS medic should drop the HA in ( 1500/143 ) 10.43 shot so it mean 11 shot ;)

And with the RS+ NW ( 1875 /143 ) 13.11 shot so it mean 14 shot rigth ?

So WHY in this video and in all the testing ive done with those armor and range it take from 15 to 18 shot to kill a HA with RS5 and NW5 ? ( depending on range and weapons damage of course ) But in all senarios the ttk was always roughly 2X time more than a ( vanilla 1000 Hp ) players like myself who dont want or be force to use unworthy health buff ...

Here is the proof and a SLOW MOTION FOLLOW to make sure thats you can count every shot yourself ;)

IN THIS VIDEO a 143 damage weapons who is suposed to kill in 7 shot kill the HA shielded in 16 shot ;)

Your calculation is incorect and dont take in count the Nanoweave combo

Resistshield does not reduce the damage the way you think it does ;)
  4. Stew360

Hey negator this is 100 % legit proof on how wrong you both are ;)

I know thats you migth be a great mathematician , but all you need to do here is count every shot like you did back in your childhood counting every numbers on your fingers , 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 ,7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12 , 13 , 14 , 15 , 16 ,

A (7/8) shot weapons that become a ( 16 ) shot weapons is it roughly 2X ? or not ? Dont even need this precision on how exactly it just proove thats at very least its roughly aproximatly 2X

5. Negator

15 shots vs 9 shots still isnt 2x
    • Up x 1
  6. Zerran

This calculation is incorrect. If resist shield blocks 45% damage (which is the number I've heard most for it), you don't multiply by (1+ [resist amount]) you divide by (1- [resist amount]); so [shields + health]/(1-0.45) = [shields + health]/0.55 which gives a no nanoweave HA 1818 hp, and a NW 5 HA 2272 health (both rounded down to nearest integer).

The above video would support this. He hits 16 times, which deals a potential 2288 damage, just enough to kill a NW5 Resist HA. 15 shots would be 2145, and as we see there, he has a sliver of health left after 15 shots. (just to note, it is hard to tell that's 16 shots, as 2 of them are fired in a burst and seem like a single shot)
  7. LT_Latency

Anyone can wear nano. The resists shield does just that, it resists a certain amount of damage.

The HA is Fine.

INF can one shot them at the correct range to the head.
    Engs can drop a turret and blow them away
    LA can fly and then engage when the battle is in their favor.

You just have might have to use a little more then point and shoot, Personally i can gun heavies down in a toe to toe fight with any class
  8. Stew360

Not 15 ... 16 you cant even count to 16 ? really ?

Skip the first part and go in 0.5 X SLOW motions it migth help you to count better and the VS weapons isnt a 9 shot weapons its a 7 Shot weapons and all my comparaison is HA NW5 RS5 users versus a Vanilla armor 1000 HP players like myself , i die in 7 or 8 shot from this VS weapons the HA RS5 NW 5 die in 16 its a 2X ttk increase Iam rigth and you are sadly wrong ..
  9. LT_Latency

then that is not 45 percent, It's 55 percent damage resist. The 1-0.45 is just flipping the percent to the other side.
  10. Zerran

No, because if you resist 45% damage, then you're taking 55% damage. The percent flip is there to change the resist amount into the amount you're taking.
  11. Stew360

your escaping your misunderstanding , try to make me look like a fools but now you cant escape it , the proof are here in your face ,

HA are not fine because you said so , HA are broken having a single infantry classes able to change the raw ttk so drastically is unworthy and skilless ,

I want the weaponry classes and ttk to be fair and competitive based on skills, and not design to drive and force players into using NW or HA because those are available to everyones i want all classes to be competitive and fun to play

NW is not fun and is not a Options , it become a requirements for many players , i migth be the only one who persist at not using it because i found it cheap and unworthy , but at the same time i persist because i found thats NW is a BAD design choice and should be remoove to have More suits slot thats give true Sidegrade like shield capacitor who does not change the RAW ttk ..

I would prefer HA shield that last longers but drop faster as soon as the HA get hit and cant be combine with another buff like NW , HA shield should grant no more than 3 shot worth of damage maxs out and NW as to be remoove as a whole to regains the suits slot true purpose

I would prefere to have a (( NOOB BUFF )) for LOW kdr and beginers players so as soon as they are under 0.4 KDR or are below BR 10 those players are granted of a special 30 % health buff remoove as soon as they get better or rank up over BR 10 ;) iam all for helping bad players , but iam not suporting mechanics thats can be exploits by already good players forcing us into the same way to remain competitive ...

12. Negator

missed the double tap. in any case, 16 vs 9 still isnt 2x ttk.

Hint: using 9 because every class can get Nano 5, and probably should. You cant compare HA with nano 5 against other classes without and claim 'OP!' when any class can get nano5.
  13. Stew360

VS 9 ?

whats are you talking about ?

the VS weapons we talk about is a 143 damage weapons at optimal range and minimal damage at 125

1000 / 143 = 6.99 = 7 shot 1000 / 125 = 8 so 8 shot straight

so its a 7 shot or 8 at 65 metres thats become a 16 shot weapons is thats 2X close enough for ya ? or is it to hard to calculate 16/2=8 ?
  14. Stew360

Tips : My comparaison are not based on your way of thinking thats i should be force into using nanoweave 5 to not have to deal with a 2X ttk target lol but a 1.77 TTK increased target

I dont use NW and i dont want to be force into using it , i want it remoove since its not a sidegrade and it simply ruins the whole purpose of the suits slots choice ...

You just proove me agains thats NW is a total No brainers and should be remoove imediatly

15. LT_Latency

HA are not broken because you say so either.

This thread keep going because you keep posting and for no other reason. The game doesn't play the way you want for ANYTHING. You play you buy **** you get better.

That game is built for progression not to log in and be competitive on day one
  16. LT_Latency

Yeah, you are right. still seems wired though
  17. Negator

Well what are you claiming then? That HA is OP, or that Nano5 is OP? because you cant do both with the same argument. If you want to claim HA is OP, drop the nano5 and you get 11 vs 7, which you could use as an argument against HA.
  18. Negator

what does this even mean?
  19. Stew360

You talk about your opinions based on whats you like or whats you want to beleive , or the Ideas behind this or thats , but ideas and opinions arent facts , my disregard agains the HA is well oils and is factual based on facts and problematics enconter with the balance of this very classe IN game not on papers and brainstorm devs ideas ...

HA are broken because of thats ---- »

Ha is broken because ... Capacity to Synegy the already broken NW5 armor with the HA shield making them insanely powerfull and also agiles as long as the shield is Off and the speed penalty while using the shield dosent really matter because the strafe speed in this game is already Uber slow for every classes and the game tech does not suport welll fast moovements ...

HA weaponry availability , acess to the lowest TTK weapons in the game in CQC , like SMG and SHotguns ,

HA is broken because the classes as the highest TTK sometime could force a players to reload his or her carbines/Ar to be able to kill the HA while the HA himself will most likely have the largest magazine with the strongest sustain fire weapons , wich give them a insane advantages

HA can use the SMG strafe speed to increase and negate the HA shield , strafe speed nerf ;)

HA are broken because they are basically 2X ttk target compare to a 1000 or a 900 hp target is overkills , since the classes as the same basic moovement speed and agility as any others classes and triggering the shield when its neded is a no brainers

HA are broken because they can exploits lag compensations more than any others classes since everyones are rewinded in the past HA can survive to manything thats others cant , HA can peek corners shield on and start or even kills someones before they can even reacts

HA are broken because the lag compensation value mix with their High TTK value simply make thing unfair for any others classes

HA are broken because they force you into using the classes as well gears up with NW 5 and RS 5 or NM5 etc.. since nothing can compeate with such a raw ttk ecactly like ZOE maxs as drive me and forced me into using NC MAxs since the ZOE as break the rules where MAxs was suposed to be super resistant and powerfull but Slow and slugish ...

And the list could goes on and on , try to make the same exercises to justified how the Heavy are acceptable

But you wont be able to put up facts , you will put up opinions and misleading info like your previous calculations wich was compleatly wrong ...

You will say Hey HA are design this way deal with it , HA are suposed to tanks some damage Blablablabla as much as you can repeate thats over and over , the design ideas is one thing , How it play out for real is another one

I have waited for a long period of time to make sure thats what i was thinking was justified and now iam 100 % confident Nanoweave , ZOE maxs , and HA shield as to be redesign compleatly ZOE and NW as to be remoove and HA shield as to be redone entirely to give us better choices and balance between classes
  20. Stew360

I claim both search for my NW thread already ;) NW and HA shield combo are overkill , but even the HA shield alones are still overkills and have to be looked into, to ensure better balance and better players choices