Heavy Assault Overpowered.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by SmokeMcCloud, Jun 26, 2013.

1. TrainerS2

Dont Cry bayby dont just grap HA and go kill other classes .
    What class you play? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  2. ShumaKun

I play as LA most of the time and I don't have problems killing HAs, but they have to many pros comparing to other classes
  3. Shiaari

Heavy Assault is by no means overpowered. What the class has in firepower it completely lacks in support. Just like an unsupported MAX running around like a noob, an unsupported Heavy is going to run into an ammunition and health problem.

I can carry a few medkits which gives me some extra staying power, but when it's Winchester ammo time to withdraw and find an engineer or a terminal. Of course, this is only a problem for decent Heavies that manage to stay alive long enough to actually lay down fire. Otherwise the best resupply option for many is the respawn tube.

Heavies have some class options that also help mitigate that ammo issue, but that requires giving up important things like nanoweave or flak armor, and a Heavy without nanoweave is just like any other class hitpoint wise, and rank 5 nanoweave basically lets you take an extra bullet. Although I am sure it is frustrating as hell to score that perfect head shot..... only to see your target run away and use a health kit.

In that regard, Infiltrator, I have absolutely no sympathy for you.

I was defending Regent Rock on Waterson not 15 minutes ago and got my *** handed to me by a Terran Infiltrator's SMG. The chickens came home to roost, though. Ursa LMG + High Velocy Ammunition + Compensator > SMG + Anything at decent range.
  4. Halvorana

It's like talking to a brick wall.

Again, this is a class based game. HA is supposed to be the first to fight first to die class. The other classes are situational back up support.

You will always have kids crying about the Over Shields, and you will always have other kids exaggerating about how they "own heavies".

HAs are exactly as they should be.
    • Up x 2
  5. ohmikkie

HA are not overpowered. The LMGs are unrealistically too accurate (especially at medium to long range). I would prefer if the LMGs had a more recoil and even (maybe) more damage to balance the extra shielding and ammo in a clip. Sort of what they did to LMGs in BF3.
  6. HerpTheDerp

The feeling's mutual.

Saying **** like "It's supposed to be the main fighting class" or "other classes are only support classes" you're just supporting the argument. Why is HA the "main" class?

What is the "main" class in TF2?
    In Battlefield series?
    In Tribes: Ascend?

There's none, because these games actually have class balance.
  7. Halvorana

None of the games you listed have the same battle field scenarios as PS2, the objectives are different and the game play is different... apples and oranges.

"The Main Class" are your words not mine.

I said it is the class that is supposed to be first in the door and the first to die. If i was in full riot gear and you were only wearing a black-tactical-turtle neck... who would you want to go though "the door" first? Obvious.

I can't fly around and drop C-4 on unsuspecting nubs. I can't res the dead. I can't get free kills with tank mines or repair MAXes/Vechs, I can't hack terminals and use proximity mines.

The issue that people have is they want this to be even health all around so they can do better 1v1 versus HA. That is the ENTIRE issue. Kids want to be able to 1v1 heavies on equal footing. It can't be that way with a class based game. HAs are supposed to have larger HP pools and have big guns, but they can't do anything else. I've read every excuse on the forums it all comes down to that simple desire... "I wan't to be able to kill a good HA with my carbine".

The only issue that I really have with HAs is that they need to be CQC and really close medium range ONLY. The fact that they are versatile at any range does screw with the other class roles in almost all the situations of the game. If HAs were only good at taking out vechs and CQC that would be a much better class role for them.
    • Up x 1
  8. Posse

And I have to say I'm really surprised.
  9. HappyT

He's just a bad player, I usually run in as an engineer (no nanoweave) and outright kill 2 HA in the room. Well could be the shotgun I'm using. l2p
  10. [HH]Mered4

It is
    What? Classes I use the most, in order from most to least:
    Engineer
    HA
    Infil
    LA
    Medic
    MAX

Anyone else?
  11. Halvorana

That is just luck. You can claim whatever you want, but if you did that 100 times, you would die in about 90% of the cases and accomplish nothing... again, tho, you can claim whatever.
  12. WookLordz

Are you being facetious? It's about as surprising as Bud Light being the most popular beer in the country.
  13. Casterbridge

This is not a game based on one vs one, it's a teamwork game, you act as though a squad of heavies is all you need, which is silly, a squad of heavies will loose virtually every time to an equally skilled squad made up of a good mix of classes.

First it's not the only class that can deal with enemy vehicles, all classes with the exception of infiltrator (and Max) have access to C4, and LAs are the best for C4 delivery (grant it C4 is more dangerous to use than a rocket and it does cost resources but considering how effective it is that's understandable). An engineer has C4, Tank Mines and the AV turret, which as far as I know can all damage and destroy vehicles.

So what about the rocket launcher. Is the rocket good against vehicles? One on one it's not that awesome, you can take pot shots at them, but your unlikely to kill them (unless the driver is horrible) but of course that makes sense. Now a group of heavies, with engineers supplying ammo and using their own turrets and medics to revive them from the spam of heat rounds) can do damage to an armor column, but again that makes sense.
    Same story against aircraft.

Are the LMGs good against infantry, well they certainly can kill them, and your right the ammo pool for some of them is quite large. I actually agree with problems in this regard, the "LMGs" of planetside aren't really LMGs. However I'd argue than most carbines and assault rifles are better weapons for actual killing than an PS2 LMGs anyway, especially in the medium to close range (the range of most combat), as they generally have much tighter CoF, I love assault rifles in particular.

Being able to take health kits and avoid C4 certainly is an advantage, but if you think they make up for having a good medic next to you I'm not sure what to say.

If your looking for a good all around class then yes that's a heavy, but acting like the other classes are not important is just silly.

Now the one class that I think you could use the most help is probably the infiltrator, but not so much in the killing department, but in the recon department, I wish recon was a bigger deal in this game and that the job to handling it would fall to the infiltrator but that's a discussion for another thread.
  14. YoXn

You think HA is OP?!!?! Go watch TwF and **** bricks son, Infil is the strongest class in-game.
  15. Halvorana

Again, this is a team class based game... it is not 1v1... on average you are not supposed to be stupid enough to engage HAs 1v1... apparently you still do.
  16. Posse

No no, I wasn't saying I was surprised because of what you said, I'm surprised at the general attitude of the people who posted in this thread.

Since the attitude in this forums almost all the time is "NERF EVERYTHING DURR" I was expecting a lot of posts saying "NERF HA SHIELD IS OP", I have to say I was pleasantly surprised because not only that didn't happen but it was actually the opposite.
  17. Thead Armageddon

As a Hypocrite Aka Heavy Assault I like where it is right now
    Im a low level player and my heavy assault at first got Ripped to shreds by EVERYTHING Until you have 100 Certs to spend on the shield upgrade to a decent level it is pretty much Useless (to me at least but I thought Challenging a Enemy Main battle tank head on was a good idea) but now that I got some of its Certs into it suddenly the Class can actually do its job(I suspect that's the case with ALL the classes except Max's which can do their job right away)!
  18. Kon

exactly what would be the point in "Nerfing" HA to be inline with other classes , then when they go make passes on the other classes to make them better and more useful? having to do another pass on HA again.. this is a debate for when all the classes have been updated and have more utility then it would be fair to judge
  19. Badname0192

Yeah a lot of stuff seems that way huh? Well get back in game and figure out how to kill that which you went on about.
  20. KnightCole

I can agree that the shield seems to be a pretty good IWin card. I know since upgrading to Resist shield my KD has jumped atleast 1.5 or more. I win so damn many engagements where I should have died and gotten out of sitations where I shoulda died. Im able to drop off places I prolly otherwise shouldnt.

I feel cheap playing HA at times, but I know im playing my class to its strength and playing the game well enough.

I can agree the shield could use a slight nerf, but how exactly, idk. Maybe make it not default? Or increase the costs to upgrade it and reduce the duration of it?

Maybe Resist shield?

Lv1=3s Lv2=3.5s Lv3=4s to a max of 5s. then increase the cert cost to maybe 70/150/200/400/1000? Then, the recharge timer increase it from like 18s recharge to 45s recharge.

Then adrenaline shield...that seems a bit overkill. being able to eternally run around in shield mode as you kill people.

The NMG seems to be the most balanced shield of the 3. It self depletes and restores kinda slow.

Also, I would make it so the supply terminal doesnt replenish the shield timer. I know I abuse that...get shot, resupply, get shot, resupply....

I wouldnt remove its overall power but lower the duration of it. I have had times where I mow through 2 or 3 guys cuz of my resist shield.

One question though SmokeMcCloud, do you play Infiltrator most the time? What gun do you run around with? A Rifle? Pistol? SMG? If its anything but an SMG, then quit your crying. An infil isnt supposed to go 1v1 against a HA and win. You have 400/500 health and a pistol or bolt action rifle against 500/500+shield and a full automatic machinegun.