Heavy Assault Overpowered.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by SmokeMcCloud, Jun 26, 2013.

1. MrK

Infil having a problem facing a HA?
    Throw your damn EMP. Problem solved

10% of infiltrators in the field ever use the tools at their disposal. They charge with SMG and die too often.
    Infil is a difficult class to play, but a very efficient one when done properly.
  2. Shiaari

Good Heavies don't use Nanite Mesh... they use Resist Shield.

Nanite Mesh is forgiving since it blocks all incoming damage. If you forget to turn it on the moment you get into a fight it will still block a set amount of damage.

Resist Shield can potentially block more incoming damage than Nanite Mesh, but since it mitigates instead of absorbing it penalizes a Heavy who forgets to use it at the right time.
  3. Serafine

I like the NMG. It allows you to jump from ridiculously high obstacles (base towers, canyons, biolabs, tech plants) without taking any damage. That can give you a high tactical advantage as it allows for fast redeploy using shortcuts other characters simply can't (except for LA).
    I also find it more useful for snipery HAs. If I got shot by an Infiltrator I will already be faaar in the red. Resist shield will not save me from that second hit, NMG will (and I cannot activate it before going into the open as it makes me sparkle like a christmas tree, giving away my position).
  4. Hrafnagaldr

Exactly. Resist Shield is useful, when you know that there are several enemies waiting behind a corner. But for such situations I got conc. grenades.
    NMG makes you a base jumper :D
  5. Posse

Many of the top HA players use Adrenaline.
  6. Shiaari

My only problem with Adrenaline Shield is that to gain the benefit you need plenty of enemies to kill and in a very short span of time.

Most of my encounters are singular and so I gain little benefit from from Adrenaline Shield while Resist Shield recharges pretty quickly.
  7. Sossen

Adrenaline Shield and a Jackhammer goes a long way in CQC. I just hate the way my reflex to turn off the shield accidentally activates it and drains the 20% you just regenerated. Either:

1:You take some damage but the shield is still on.
    2:You kill the guy that was shooting at you and regenerate 20%.
    3:The shield is still on and you have to turn it off.

Or:

1:You take enough damage to bring the shield to 0%, turning it off.
    2:You kill the guy that was shooting at you and regenerate 20%.
    3:The shield is now off so pressing F turns it on.

A reflex to turn it off quickly is bad half the time but so is the opposite.

They should fix that.