Have you tried Auraxiuming all the LMG's and then going back to your favorite one?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Scr1nRusher, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Scr1nRusher

Its like the ultimate Weight/skill training & fine tuning.

I suggest you try to if you haven't.
  2. Iridar51

I've recently auraxiumed all carbines available to TR, then returned to T5 AMC, which was my second auraxium. To my immense surprise, T5 AMC felt bad to me, even worse than NS-11C (which was last on my list), even though from standpoint of shooting bullets T5 AMC should be so much better. So I'm using the Cougar, which is a lot better at range than T5 AMC, and can hold its own in CQC just as good.
  3. Scr1nRusher

I was primary talking about LMG's, But you bring up a very good point.

Does your favorite gun stay your favorite gun even after auraxuiming all the weapons in that weapon category?
  4. cruczi

My favorite gun doesn't stay my favorite for long whether I Auraxium others or not. That's mainly because I don't own all the guns (not even close), and when I buy a new one, it becomes my new favorite for a while. Current favorite carbine: Jaguar that I just bought with the double XP weekend certs, went straight for suppressor + SPA and I'm loving it. I instantly felt much more competitive versus Heavy Assaults in CQC compared to the Cougar, but on the flipside it felt very inconsistent at range - as expected.

It's not like getting the Auraxium medal is some sort of a requirement for knowing whether you like a weapon or not. Usually a couple hundred kills are enough to get a good grip of the gun.
  5. Epic High Five

Reaper was my favorite AR, then stayed my favorite after I auraxed all the ARs, then the Tross came out and it's been love at first sight. But I'd say it stayed the same considering how similar the guns are.

As far as LMGs go, I started out using the SAW and I'm having trouble auraxiuming the others because I just cannot. stop. using. it. So yeah, I'm sort of having that problem :\

Also the Cougar is a beast of a gun. I've got an auraxium on my Razor and the Cougar is a bit better than even that monster
  6. Scr1nRusher

I'm on the anchor right now........

Its the last LMG i have to auraxuim....

Its definitely been a learning experience.
  7. toastybanban

I've auraxiumed the Gauss SAW and the EM1 and am currently switching between the GD-22S and the EM6. The SAW is by far my favourite, and I like the EM1 as well, despite the fact that's its more of a suppression/spray-and-pray gun in my opinion. I'm thinking about eventually getting the Anchor, but for cqc I generally just ADS and knife if they get too close. And I think the GD-22S fills its niche quite well tbh.
  8. Posse

I tried, but I hated them all so much I went back to the Orion before auraxiuming them.
  9. lawn gnome

too bad my favorite LMG is the lasher and it has almost nothing in common with any other infantry based weapon.
    • Up x 1
  10. Takoita

My personal favourite LMG in TR arsenal is TMG-50. There were some changes to it since I've hit that purple medal with it, but given that I've already got it for MSW-R and will probably get one for CARV sometime this year (I'm not very good at this game, you see), I doubt that will change. I've tried Bull, T-16 and CARV-S again in VR yesterday and they still feel like jittery nanites to me.

I'm on the fence with MCG: one one hand, it is better than it ever was, on the other hand, every infil with an SMG I meet still has advantage over the bullethose of the game. It is kinda disheartening to see the enemy having more dakka than TR ES HA weapon.

Otherwise, Lasher, Orion, Ursa and Gauss SAW are strong contenders for 'personal favourite LMG', but I don't play my alts much these days.
  11. DrPapaPenguin

So far Ive auraxiumed t9 carv, msw-r and the mcg, halfway down the tmg-50, and tried the other 3 in VR at some point, and so far Ive only really loved the MCG and tmg. Carv was good, msw was garbage, the NS showed some promise the bull and rhino were kind of forgettable. Once I'm done with tmg ill probably stick to it and the MCG for the rest of the game.
  12. eatcow0

Auraxiumed them all, then SOE medal patch removed my lasher auraxium rofl
  13. veselie

I auraxiumed all LMG then I returned to SVA-88 ,my second LMG, which I like because it has 75 bullets and 0.75 ads speed multiplier it's more ffective at range than Orion, it has a decent rate of fire and it had 2x scope before they added it to all weapons.
    • Up x 1
  14. MarkAntony

Got the SAW, Em6 and anchor auraxium. working on GD22-S now.

Saw was fine. Loved the EM6. Hated the anchor. Loving the GD22-S (at least as much as EM6 probably more)
  15. Bankrotas

I've auraxiumed all NC lmgs but Gauss Saw S and Carv, most of assault rifles, all but Gauss compact burst on carbines and I kinda got bored of doing that.
    Here's a thing, I learned that I like 0.05 bloom on weapons, I like Anchor most of all NC lmgs, though they all feel terrible to me due to high hipfire with low rpm and even Anchor feels ADS friendly and terrible without a grip. And after working some time with Orion, I just can't say I have a favourite NC lmg due to EM1 hipfire nerf that was undeserved :/

On carbines, I despised GD-7F until I decided to try it out around with a grip, very solid gun that one is. I see no point anymore in Merc after Bandit and Razor auraxiums too.

AR's are different story altoghether(too lazy to spell corectly) I hated Reaper, now it's nice after trying to get back to other AR's.
  16. cruczi

Carv? NC OP plz nerf, can pick up weapons from TR bodies!!1
    • Up x 1
  17. Bankrotas

An alt :p finishing up Orion auraxium atm
  18. reydelchicken

I've still got the SVA-88 and Ursa left to auraxium on my VS.

Once I'm done with the auraxiums I'll be primarily using the ns-15m, and might use the polaris and flare (or maybe ursa).
  19. Solidpew

I've Aurax'd the EM6, NS-15M and Anchor. I've tried and gotten halfway to that medal with the GodSaw and EM1. I've really enjoyed using the guns I got medals for, but I've been falling back to the EM6 mostly because I liked the mix between having a 167 damage profile while having a 100 mag clip. Side-to-side recoil's a Higby, as they say, but I don't mind that trait on guns.

I'll probably use the Anchor or EM6 once I Aurax the GodSaw/EM1.
  20. GerryAtric

Yes, I have auraxiumed all NC LMGs (NS-15 included) on 2 different characters and between the 2 characters have at least
    2800 kills with each one.

I will always go back to the Anchor. I've got about 16,000 combined kills with the Anchor, and my next highest is the SAW with ~ 5,000. SAW is for Amp Stations/outdoor fights. But for the ranges where most PS2 combat takes place, Anchor is superior (imo).

The Anchor will always be my favorite LMG. But honestly, I have more fun w/ assault rifles and carbines.