[Suggestion] Harrasholes and Flashes take damage from ramming a max

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Saool, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Saool

Harrasholes are a bit of a piss take vehicle to start with. Sure the people who cheese in them will cry foul, but they are. One thing that is definate a piss take is that a Harrashole can insta kill a max by running it over and carry on like it was fresh air. Maxes are made of wet toilet tissue are they?

A Harrashole cheesing through infantry and hitting a Max should come to a dead stop at the very least and take damage in all likely hood.

Amazingly a Flash can do the same thing. What a joke. A Flash hitting a Max at full speed should frankly be destroyed.

And before anyone says no, try it for yourself!

Take a quad bike or a dune buggy and drive into a post box at top speed. See what happens. Do report back... if you are still alive.
    • Up x 22
  2. Rogueghost

It is nothing more than our benevolent overlord Higby punishing those who pull Maxes, as it should be.
    • Up x 2
  3. Gemenai

Why do i now imagine flashes, smacked through the air by MAX punches?
    • Up x 4
  4. WUNDER8AR

I hate Harassers and wraith Flashes, but I hate MAXs more so I have to disagree. Besides running a MAX over with the flash in particular is nothing short of a gamble due to hitreg/collision issues. The obvious solution for MAX users is to move and position yourself carefully when out in the open and to avoid being completely oblivious and/or tunnelvisioned.
    • Up x 1
  5. iller

Flashes should just explode instantly when they ram a Max.... It's literally like driving the turbo Golf Cart from jack*** into either one of these:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  6. HadesR

But how are people going to CheeseMLG kills ?
  7. NoctD

Makes sense - they should even take ramming damage vs. infantry, and more so with MAXes.
    • Up x 1
  8. ronjahn

Maybe you forgot to shoot or equip your AV weapons, but a Max can make extremely quick work of a harasser long before the driver had the chance to run you over. Jumping also works most of the time and simply sidestepping out of the way is also an option.

I wouldn't be opposed to it slowing down or doing small amounts of damage to the harasser, but if you get run over by a harasser, even in a max suit, you should be dead. Have you recently compared the size of a Harasser to the size of a max? The Max is dwarfed. The harasser is clearly heavier than a max unit and at the same time moves 100+ KPM. All these things combined = dead/flattened max.

The flash on the other hand shouldn't be able to run over a unit twice its size and weight. It just doesn't make sense. The other day I rammed a flash with my Vanguard and it practically flipped me over and kept driving. It would be nice if they put the flash back to where it used to be in this regard because it's recent buff made running them over damn near impossible and super risky business. It's a damn ATV

Off topic a bit, but what's with the name calling? Did a harasser touch you in the night?

TLDR: I disagree with your post. Harasser is okay as is, but could use fine tuning perhaps. Flash needs some serious realism adjustments.
    • Up x 3
  9. Gemenai

And then the devs could implement a new certification, for the defensive slot.
    Battle armor :
    - small fire dmg reduced by x
    -explosion dmg reduced by x/2
    - reduces dmg taken by ram dmg ( infantry 80-100%, MAX 40-50%)
    -maybe exclusive for a class or a small group of classes
    • Up x 1
  10. HadesR

It should kill the MAX but should also do a huge amount of dmg to the harasser ...

For example :

A Car after hitting a Cow

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  11. Dieter Perras

IRL tanks don't take damage from hitting things either, I'm geussing NS are just cutting costs.
  12. Prudentia

all i see in that picture is a familyvan which got rammed from the side by a small transporter or whatever that big car on the right is.
    • Up x 1
  13. BobSanders123

It would be really funny if the ES MAX abilities were counters to harassers and flashes.

Lockdown in place, hulk smash car into ground.
    Aegis shield activate, riot slam the front and make it fly end over end.
    ZOE activate, run head on and cut the bloody thing in half.
    • Up x 3
  14. EViLMinD

Don't want your max run over? Then... STAY INDOORS

... or get in a Sunderer... or climb a rock so no wheeled vehicles can get ya.

Of course, you can still get shot by a tank... or an esf... or a liberator.

Yup. Auraxus is dangerous place. Even for maxes. Better learn to deal or your qq'ing will just make you look like a whiny scrub. FYI.
    • Up x 3
  15. HadesR

Frontal dmg is the cow .. Which spun him into on coming traffic to be side swapped by the van .. Granted first pic might have been misleading which was not the intent ..

Ofc if want just cow dmg

[IMG]

Point still remains hitting a heavy object does do dmg ..
  16. NoctD

And they absolutely need to nerf the Wraith cloak badly too. Its just stupid. I say it should go into your weapon slot, use Wraith, no weapons.
  17. Prudentia

yes that looks more like a frontal collision than the small dent in the namrplate of the other one.
    but i still have Sawblades mounted to the front of my harrasser, so the appropiate physics calculations are to be found in dead rising 3
    • Up x 1
  18. Halkesh

*Please do not post inappropriate images*

A car hit a boar.

But remember it's a game. The harasser isn't a jeep, it's a fast armored vehicle. If a fast armored vehicle (harasser) like this hit a cow, I don't think the vehicle will be damaged that much.
    I agree with the guy who say MAX should damage still rammed by harasser but deal damage to them due to the accident.
    About the flash, I think both MAX and flash should take the same amount of damage.

Actually, as a MAX, if you have some situational awareness it's easy to dodge harasser, even more with the charge ability. If he attempt to ram you a second time, just go near a root and dodge at the last moment : the harasser will do a barrel roll and blow up.
  19. Prudentia

that one is more believable yes. not only because there is a dead animal next to it instead of another wrecked car, but also because it has frontal damage. from the looks in HadesR image the only involvement an animal had was an attempt by thr driver to evade it which resultet in a car accident
  20. Feydakin

Agreed... Flashes should blow up and Harassers should take a solid hit...
    • Up x 1