GU08 Weapon and Attachment Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by joshua, Apr 29, 2013.

1. o.Solei.o

Whoh... I always thought they were just really big SMG-sniper-rifles... What the hell?

;)
    • Up x 1
  2. Singed

TAR master race all the way. I'm going to anticipate coming back to it after I get my Cycler Auraxiumed.
    Also excited to see what they've done with the Carv and Carv S.
  3. WalrusJones

Not to mention, the Basic T1 is technically a long range assault rifle, and the T1S is a weapon that has a fairly pointless compensator (All S weapons have fairly mediocre compensator, only allowing the weapon to become as accurate as their parent weapon, if the stats this thread has for the compensator are true...)

The B weapons of every class...
    May be made worth using.

What are they targeting: Underperforming long range guns, compensators that are not worth it, assault rifles, and carbines.

What does this mean?
    Burst guns, and 143 damage long range guns.

S weapons in addition.

The TR.

Basically.
    YEEEHAWWW.
  4. buff as hell irl

To be honest the whole 750 RPM / "long range" thing is vague enough that we'll probably just have to wait and see which guns are actually being touched.
  5. Armgarion

Last I checked TR dominated NC in score per hour even with common pool equipment, I don't think using SPM is a good way to determine how good something is if NC are generally lower in every aspect besides MAX
  6. HadesR

The numbers across the board are so close they make no odd's . either in favour of X being OP or Y being UP
  7. Bape

um no TR/VS wins mostly.
  8. Revanmug

Does this mean you will finally remove Grip on Bolt action sniper so I don't have to tell people to not buy it? Or actually give it a use so sniper rifle finally has an attachment worthy to be bought since the removal of laser dot on sniper during Beta?

Does this weapon update mean you will fix 10X scope on sniper rifle to ACTUALLY be a 10X rather than a 8X? A bug that has been left since mid Beta.

Can I also expect the NC 3.4X LX tacti-eyes scope on the EM6 to ever be adjust so the gun fire at the crosshair rather than 1cm over it? A bug that has been left since end Beta.

Somehow, I'm not expecting any of this to ever be fixed. I don't know why...
    • Up x 2
  9. Peacemaker12

No flashlight buff? SOE DOESN'T LISTEN TO PLAYERS CONFIRMED
  10. Zan_Aus

The x6 scope sway is going to really mess with battle rifles. They should have just removed x6 scopes from any weapons they thought it caused problems with (Hi Gauss). Sway + semi-auto + major recoil = don't use. I'll just swap to a x4 and curse SOE for messing up my Eidolon.
    • Up x 2
  11. Captain Seasick

OH GREAT! Looks like battle rifles are going to be completely worthless now, post-update. Great work, SOE! Give us a well-needed buff to the most underpowered and underperforming class of weapons in the entire game (save for TR/VS "default" sidearms) and then ruin it all with some rubbish ultra-nerf. Really. Brilliant planning there. No sarcasm at all!

And as so many other blokes've said: forward grips REALLY should give us something for bolt actions. As it stands, they're complete garbage; a waste of 100C's.
    • Up x 1
  12. InMedeasRage

There is a VERY GOOD REASON why the carbine and ARs are currently kept from HAs.

Accuracy, rate of fire, and most of all the ability to mount ub grenade launchers. 2 ub grenades, 4 rockets, up to 3 grenades, 2 blocks of C4... oh yeah, this would be good.
    • Up x 2
  13. The Shermanator

It's like you guys are just hell-bent on making absolute sure that anyone who bought an under barrel-capable weapon system regrets their purchase. You guys have been nerfing the bloop tubes since even before you fixed the bugs where they wouldn't reload or do damage half the time.

What's the deal? It already practically takes a direct hit to kill someone with the grenades out of the rifles.
    • Up x 3
  14. Captain Seasick

There. Fix'd.

Don't forget about them lancers/strikers.
  15. FlowerPot

Any news on Hossin?
  16. Posse

Faster reload times for the Orion? **** yeah!
    • Up x 1
  17. Ouch Electric

I don't think you understand. The devs determined that Guass Saw was on par with the stock LMGs. This is unacceptable. Nerf now!
  18. Ouch Electric

True, SPM is only useful if it results in a nerf to the NC. If it calls for a nerf to the TR, then we need to look at other more important factors.
  19. Crazytrain

At this point I would rather them just take the carbine/AR away and leave the grenade launcher instead of nerfing it a 3rd/4th time.
  20. Badname0192

I can grow a full beard in the time it takes to equip a T9-Carv.

Now I guess I can trim it and make it look dapper before getting to fire!