GU08 Weapon and Attachment Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by joshua, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Zorro

The game will be better balanced now.
  2. llPendragon

IMHO:
    I don't think the SAW is better. The SAW feels a lot harder to get multiple medium/long range shots on target. I have to burst at a shorter range than I'm used to. I'm actually running out of bullets a lot more often too, which (for me) usually means I'm trying to shoot things I can't kill.
    The EM6 doesn't feel that different.
    The GD-22S feels more like an Assault Rifle. Noticeably quicker all around than the other LMGs now.

On the other hand, the Carv on my alternates seems to be a new gun. Much better at putting 5-10 bullets into someone at medium range. Maybe it's just in comparison to the SAW, but the max recoil on the Carv seems to still put bullets on target. It still makes the EM1 feel like a cheap knock-off.
  3. ZaebashySoSOE

If you think T9 Carv is precise LMG, then TMG-50 is a sniper rifle :

Its a miracle they didn't nerfed this gun to crap yet like all good TR guns.
    • Up x 2
  4. Aisar

The issue is clearly the NV scope, not the TMG-50. My SAW becomes amazing with NV scope as well, the accuracy is insane and it's why Buzz uses it so much. I don't like it because of the range limit but I might start rolling with it during the day as well as night, at least to test it out for a few consecutive days and really get a solid opinion on it.
    • Up x 1
  5. SashsaACIII

6. ZaebashySoSOE

If you don't see any horizontal recoil and where your bullets are flying does not meaning there is no recoil and all bullets are flying in 1 spot. NV scope is hurting my eyes at long time shooting. Also devs wrote that they fixed all exploits with NV.
    I don't like this Buzz, but he is obviously got straight hands. Meaning thats not my video.
  7. Aisar

I am not really concerned with what it is factually doing or not doing, bottom line I am perceiving an insane increase in accuracy and performance while using it, and the results speak for themselves. Buzz uses it almost exclusively for a reason, I respect his skills so that is enough to warrant some experimentation on my part. I'll leave the numbers and science of the how or why it works so well to you :D
    That is one of the problems or drawbacks I suppose, along with the limit in very long range shooting. I haven't started playing with it full time but I am looking forward to seeing the performance for nonstop day use.
  8. Jorvalt

I would just like to point this out because you guys have made this mistake multiple times - Horizontal is left and right. Like a horizon. Vertical is up and down.
  9. TheBloodEagle

The guy above is right. You can't make a good argument when using NV because NV makes everything feel much more accurate and manageable. You shouldn't throw in evidence on how the gun is recoil and accuracy wise.

1000 Kills with TMG-50
  10. slipnitz

VS maxes with their special ability guns down a lib with fully certed armor in record time, wtf?
  11. Cyrek

Would be appreciated if you added side context info relevant to the stats that the attachments are improving upon.
  12. TehGrimZa

You should create a sever with all the new toys that you have now, with the rule sets of when the game was first released. The current direction of the game has made it extremely difficult for outfits such as mine to function as we once did in small sized battles. The zerg vs zerg lattice system has for sure pushed my outfit off that continent and onto Esamir where any real fun in the game is left.
  13. Rockstone

I don't understand your logic. How is small fights in a game designed for massive fights "fun"?
  14. Laraso

So GU08 is gone and we're rolling with GU09 now. Do they ever plan on taking this thread down? It's useless at this point.
    • Up x 1
  15. LightningWolfTigrBer

GU10 was just released, so why is a GU08 thread still stickied?