Grenade launcher broken?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Village, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Conq

That is just your opinion, the devs have never made a statement about it.
  2. Village

Grenade launcher grenades will HAVE to eventually cost resources and not be restocked from ammo packs, it will be too overpowered otherwise. Either than or have the damage and splash reduced by a significant amount. And this is coming from someone with hundreds of grenade launcher kills on my Solstice SF.
  3. irishroy

[IMG]

yea, sometimes it´s bugged as hell, but IF it works fine, than it´s awesome^^
  4. Ipecac

The incoming flak armor buff will probably work as a significant GL damage nerf, overall. Topping out at 50% resistance, I'm pretty sure we can say goodbye to most of the easy one-shots (you know, when it decided to deal damage).
  5. Akrasjel

Yea that bug but still love it

Dont nerfo_O it or ill rage :mad:
  6. Stargazer86

I wouldn't mind if you weren't able to reload the launcher after the 2 shots, but making the grenades cost resources would be a tad overkill. LA already have to spend quite a bit a C4 and Flash Grenades. Spending even more resources on UGL ammo would likely mean I never have any. Heavies don't have to spend resources on their rockets, after all. Why should you have to spend resources on UGL grenades after already paying 500 certs for the single gun allowed to use them on top of the 100 certs for the GL itself?

And so THAT'S why my soldier appears drunk at times. I had guessed it had something to do with the GL, but I'm glad it's now confirmed.
  7. bitGAM3R

dam wish i had looked here first before saving up 600 certs and getting the gun and GL, all i get now in game fire 2 nades then im drunk and no resupply, going to the terminal doesn't always fix it, im finding my self having to switch class to fix it then after firing 2 more nades back to switch class again :( dont get me wrong i love the GL but dam it needs fixing
  8. Canned Wolf

Under barrel grenades don't use up your purchased grenades. I've tested this. If they make them purchasable and not reloadable from ammo packs, I'd be okay with that. I think a better solution would just be to extend the amount of time it takes to reload them from an ammo pack. People fire rockets at me all the time, the solution is to shoot them with your rifle. A rocket to the face will kill you, but if he misses then he's toast, and if he doesn't miss, you deserved it.
  9. Hawktitan

So it's ok for a heavy to resupply a half-dozen rockets from a single ammo pack but not ok for lights to resupply on the grenade launcher? Personally I hope I'm right and that NOT getting ammo is the bug.
  10. DJStacy

The reload is broken ...........

I play engineer mostly and use the "S" variant of the carbine with the grenade launcher and smoke launcher. I have found that sometimes it will resupply of an ammo pack for 6 shots,10 shots and sometimes just 2 shots.

The grenade launcher is a support weapon just like the HA rocket launcher, it does less damage and has no lock with limited range. No way should this cost any infantry resource, next we will have to stand in line for our bullets lol.............
    The light assault class should have the same options as every other class with the S variant. Dont forget the advantages they have by being mobile are balanced by the fact that they cannot resupply themselves.

And lets face it, we all look up and around before we start running about dont we.........:rolleyes:
  11. Khorneholio

They deal damage for me around 75% of the time, but that's still not good enough.

Reload works about half the time. It SEEMS to work better if I reload after firing one grenade as opposed to firing both and then trying to reload.

The ideas that they aren't supposed to be reloadable and that they should cost resources are ridiculous. They are absolutely no more powerful than the HA's dumbfire missile launcher and nobody cries about those being reloadable or not costing resources. The guided missile nerf coming later today won't change that balance in any way. The dumbfire launcher will still be imminently spammable against infantry.
  12. Xphobe

Well it looks like they at least fixed the jumpjets, but didn't see anything about a grenade launcher fix.
    "The Light Assault Jumpjet will no longer break if you run into terrain while in flight."

But this might be interesting, unless it pertains to vehicals only.
    "All Flak damage has been increased by 5%."
  13. doctorzais

I think the grenade launcher needs a tweak

Make it an instant kill for a direct hit but moderate damage for an indirect hit but with a larger AOE

Also it should not reload with an ammo pack, that is way overpowered but at the same time, we should get more rounds as well as being fireable in gun mode rather than having to switch to it
  14. Bangerz

Still broken after GU1.
  15. HerpTheDerp

A quick question about the launcher, does it do any damage to armor?
  16. Ipecac

A very small amount. Basically anything else that damages armor is better at it, and since you can only carry 2 at a time the only thing you'll solo kill with it is a flash. Maybe.

If you want to be rude though, you can definitely steal the killshot on severely weakened (read: already-on-fire) tanks and sunderers.
  17. Village

A small amount, but it is great for finishing off vehicles after you have used C4. 1 x C4 and 1-2 nades will kill a lightning. 2 x C4 and 1-2 nades will kill a sunderer.
  18. Prophetx

bump noticed the unreliability of it last night. shot at someones feet, did zero damage to them, but 12% to me.
  19. Zeekez

Thanks I'll have to try it.

Are people still having issues with resupplies from ammo packs? I find this odd cus it has never happened to me
  20. Jingle

The bug with it not reloading properly seems tied to the auto reload being bugged. If you interrupt the auto reload by meleeing or switching weapons quickly then back the the GL it seems to refill off ammo packs just fine, though you still get duds on occasion. It sucks for when you want to fire off 2 shots back to back but since I started doing this I have had no issues with re-arming unless I forget to melee/weapon swap immediately after firing. With how often you get duds though swapping to your primary weapon immediately after firing is a pretty good plan anyhow though since you may end up having to shoot them anyhow.