Grenade launcher broken?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Village, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Village

It seems half the time when a grenade from my underbarrel GL explodes under an enemies feet it does absolutely nothing. Anyone else have this issue and know how to counteract it etc.?
    • Up x 1
  2. Kaoschan

Underbarrel Grenade Launcher has several issues.
    * It does not re-supply correctly at ammo-drops -> only way to fix this is to resupply at a terminal (no clue why and who it breaks)
    * Grenades sometimes doing zero damage to targets, even wiht their splash

I noticed the damage one quite easiliy. I was "deconstructing" turrets in our own base which were hacked by the enemy.
    I droped a ammo-pod next to me and unleashed my grenade launcher only to notice that my very first shot (vom 10m distance) which was targeted at the turret did not produce a red hitmarker, my second shot produced the hitmarker.

Durring that time there was NO battle going on in the base. (no lag issues or fps stuff)
    If UGL work, they do it very good. But also they can fail misserably.
    • Up x 1
  3. Village

Reliability is terrible, works like 1/4 of the times i shoot it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Achmed20

wich is not entirely true because sometimes they do. but i havent figured out yet if its random or can be reproduced somehow.
  5. gunfox

Common bug that occurs roughly 40% of the time. Note that the grenade will still damage yourself :)

Also, as TR, try using your main guns sight after the grenade launcher. Drunk mode activated.
  6. Canned Wolf

40% seems generous. I can count on my fingers the number of times that thing has done damage. The damage it does also seems pretty minor. Smoke on the other hand works every time, and man is it amazing.

I wondered what was going on with my sights. I'll pay more attention to that.
  7. Simonnice

Im bumping this with VIDEO PROOF made by me :).

• Up x 1
  8. ser.rodderick

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed. I tested it after buying it yesterday and my experience was too systematic to be anything other than a bug. My first grenade will do damage with a very small radius, but then the second does nothing. The second shot shows all of the graphical indicators, but did no damage to enemies or friendly vehicles.

Just another bug on the list.
  9. Falanin

This, dear $deity, this. It's to the point that I only carry my UGL to blow up hacked turrets, and because of the reload bug I can only do that about one time in 3.
  10. Bionic

Sometimes, especially when hitting large amount of players, both grenade launcher/grenades or even c4 fails to hit, as in totally, not damaging anyone. Also occurs 1vs1.

I dont know if its related or not, but as this fails so does the ammo ressuply for the grenade launcher from the ammo pouchs from engs. Also happens, again i dont know if its related or not, the main weapon sights straff as we straff, the fix is to go pistol then back to the main weapon and the sights dont straff anymore, until the next time it bugs ofc.

Regards
    Bionic
  11. Swiftstrike

Interesting video! I always thought that "Drunk Soldier" was just a way to balance the scopes, but I guess it's actually a glitch. It seemed a bit odd, very difficult to aim 3.4/4x scopes while moving.

For me, the 2nd grenade doesn't do any damage (and any resupplied grenades). It's so consistent that I don't even bother reloading the 2nd grenade round or looking for ammo to resupply. The 1st grenade will occasionally not do any damage, but that's probably related to the standard bug where bullets don't register.
  12. Xphobe

Wheww, and I thought I was the only one having this problem. Well this and the jetpack randomly not working and getting my feet stuck everywhere I fly...... I wonder if keeping this thread bumped to the top will make the GMs work on this faster. :mad:
    • Up x 1
  13. Chrysalis

Direct hit or near miss is a 1 hit kill on all infantry, and a significant chunk of HP out of a MAX unit.

Hits not registering is an aggravating bug, but when fixed will make the UGL even more awesome and capable than it already is.
  14. SilentSalvo

What I've seen playing my Engi is my ammo pack will always reload my UGL as long as I have 1/0 in the barrel. It'll kick me back up to 1/1. If it hits 0/0 more often than not I get nothing but sometimes then I do. It's weird.
  15. YouObviouslyLikeOwls

Interesting Salvo, that explains why I wasn't having problems last night. Attacking bio lab, teleport in, troops are trapped in "spawn" room using hit and run tactics. Would step out, blow someone up with my UGL, step back inside and immediately resupply on an ammo pack with no problems....of course I never went below 1/0 either. Still, wouldn't trade my UGL for anything.
  16. Zeekez

Mine has been resupplying from ammo packs just fine. But the drunk soldier thing with the scopes in annoying as hell and the only fix is to quit the game and restart it.
  17. Kudzoo

Swap to your pistol, fire off a clip, reload, switch back, fixes it most of the time for me.
  18. Halfhanded

UGL is the greatest attachment for LA. Once they fix these issues, it will be incredible. SUPER frustrating, though, when you plunk a strawberry in the face only to have him eat it and fart it out. 0 damage.
  19. Conq

It's funny how people assume the grenade launcher NOT consistently reloading is a bug when the fact that it CAN reload sometimes is likely the real bug. Y'all aren't going to like the fix you'll get.

Honestly though, grenades can't be reloaded and they cost resources and dumb fire spamming rocket launchers is getting nerfed in this patch. Why would they want people to spam n00b tubes?
  20. lNeBl

You are supposed to be able to reload the grenade launcher with ammo packs. So yes, it NOT reloading is the bug. My grenade launcher rarely fails to reload on ammo packs.

The bug appears to be related to other peoples ammo packs also being placed. On my engineer, if I am the only person that has thrown down an ammo pack, my GL reloads consistently. But, once other ammo packs are down, it tends to stop reloading it.