Good LMG for TR

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by krokolop, Aug 1, 2014.

1. lawn gnome

none of them, they are all bad for me, you should stick to the knife and harsh language.
  2. lawn gnome

the 'F' key is how you put down ammo packs if you are an engineer, and vehicle seat swapping is done with the function keys 'F1' through 'F12' if there is someone already in the seat you are switching to then they also have to approve the switch.
  3. cruczi

MSW-R is closer to Orion than Carv is. They all have the same damage/ROF, but in terms of ammo per mag and reload speed, MSW-R is almost identical to Orion, and in terms of hipfire accuracy, Orion>MSW-R>>Carv. Orion still has the 0.75 ADS advantage though which is what truly sets it apart from TR LMG's. But MSW-R has the advantage of SPA, unlike Carv
  4. Kociboss

MSW-R with Forward Grip and Sof Point Ammo + Sight of choice (HS/NV 1x/2x reflex) is the most general purpose setup you can get as TR HA.

Shouldn't fail you. Plus it's cheap (MSW-R is only 100 certs)
    • Up x 2
  5. vanu123

TMG-50 for long range hard hitting firepower.
  6. Obelisk95

I'm going to have to disagree because of one key point: that's how most players think. Most people will be geared for a medium ranged fight, and if you can get close to them, they'll be fighting on your terms, not theirs.
  7. Covah

T-9 butcher is good.
  8. Saviorself

Here's my kit

Generalist
    MSW-R Loadout:
    1x Reflex
    Foregrip (Adv. laser no longer worth it post hipfire nerf)
    Soft Point Ammo

Midrange
    T32 Bull Loadout:
    3.4x Red Dot/Chevron
    Foregrip
    Compensator

I use the T32 when I'm in mid range engagements and not taking too much heat. You can swap for T16, it is cheaper and a far better deal.
  9. MorganM

Sorry but I totally disagree. MSW-R would be your niche close and close-mid range weapon. T32 Bull is your generalist all around good weapon. Terrible weapon for 3.4x and that range. And no, swaping the T16 Rhno instead of the T32 Bull is a bad idea; I don't care how much cheaper it is. It's worse by every measure.... for once the price actually reflects the value here.
  10. MorganM

I'm not sure why everyone loves the MSW-R still. It was epic a while back but now? T32 Bull all the way. MSW-R has better RoF but much lower velocity... I'll take velocity. Yeah the MSW-R marginally out shines the Bull at close range but I don't care. Fights rarely stay at close or close - medium range; you are constantly fighting people at different ranges and that's where you'll want velocity along with less recoil.

MSW-R has higher recoil but more predictable. Putting the Forward Grip on the Bull you end up with even less. Overall the Bull is much easier to control because that high RoF translates into even MORE recoil on the MSW-R which is already higher by every measure.

Reload on MSW-R is much longer and you get 10 LESS rounds per mag... no thanks. After they totally nuked the MSW-R 's CoF the weapon was dead to me. It used to be a great close to medium weapon because with adv. laser sight you could hipfire like a beast in close quarters and ADS as needed.

IMHO the T32 Bull is the easiest to control LMG the TR has with a fair magazine size and acceptable reload time. It's honestly as good as you'll get for TR LMGs which is sad but true. I've played with the TMG-50, MSW-R, T9 CARV, and T32 Bull a lot. Bull is superior by most measures and very versitle which is huge in this game. Battles are very dynamic and circumstances often chanve faster than you can swap loadouts so the vast majority of the time you are much better off with the best all-around gun than some niche weapon.

T32 Bull
    Optics: IRNV, 1x, and 2x. 1x is used the most; others are situational.
    Forward Grip is required.
    Soft Point Ammo is nice to have.

Do not be tempted by the cheaper T16 Rhino! It's not worth it; pay the premium price for a superior weapon.

HA Point Blank Loadout:
    FA1 Barrage, 1x Reflex, Extended Mag.
    Decimator
    Conc. Nades
    NMG
    Flak
    3 Medkits

HA Close Range Loadout:
    T32 Bull, 1x Reflex, Soft Point Ammo, Forward Grip
    Decimator / ML7
    Conc. Nade
    Nanite Mesh Gen
    Flak armor
    3 Medkits

HA Medium Range Loadout:
    T32 Bull, 2x Reflex, Forward Grip (no SPA)
    Annihilator (at this range you can't stay exposed long enough for the Striker)
    Conc. Nades
    NMG
    Flak
    3 Medkits

HA Long Range Loadout
    TMG-50, 3.4x, Forward Grip, Compensator, High Velocity Ammo (always switch to semi auto)
    Striker
    Conc. Nades
    NMG
    Munnitions Pouch (hard cover is a requirement since I have no armor!)
    3 Medkits
  11. starlinvf

If I had to pick 5 to get the Butcher....

CARV: 1x/2x, Grip
    MSW-R: Adv Laser, 1x/HSNV, Soft points
    Bull: Grip, Comp, HVA, 2x. Use this as a long range LMG. It reloads fast too, which is nice.

And your choice of TMG50, CARVS or NS15. All 3 of these have meh performance, while the Rhino has just as big an Identity crisis as the EM1.
  12. Flea6.8

That pretty much summed it up. Higher recoil can be compensated for. The random side to side shake cannot.

The msw-r has very predictable recoil. I use it was a forward grip and spa. Cant wait till i get me purple with the bull and finish up with the butcher so i can go back to it.
  13. WarmasterRaptor

Test them in VR. Trial them in live action.

Choose the one fitting your gamestyle.
  14. Nakar

That would be a good argument, if the MSW-R didn't have worse recoil than the Bull in literally every way:
    • Vertical: Bull wins, 0.3 to 0.35 (plus Compensator access).
    • Vertical Angle: Bull wins, straight up vs. random 3 degree angle variance up-right. Random is bad.
    • Horizontal: Bull wins, min-max 0.2 vs. min-max 0.225. Bull has less "random side to side shake."
    • Horizontal Tolerance: Bull wins, 0.4 to 0.5 (MSW-R still has incredible tolerance for an LMG though).
    The reason the MSW-R is a better generalist than the Bull is that extra 100 RPM. It does matter. It's less controllable than the Bull but it's controllable enough that it works fine at most standard engagement ranges. The Bull is a fine all-range generalist but it does get in a bit of a pickle up close unless you know what to do with it; the MSW-R has the highest possible DPS and TTK of any LMG, so in a pinch it's as good as any LMG you could've brought to a fight (albeit worse than the MCG or a SMG/Shotgun). The Bull's vastly superior velocity clearly indicates a mid-long LMG option, and it excels at that, but it can't touch the MSW-R inside of 40m (and the MSW-R is okay past that range). Oh and the MSW-R is 900 certs cheaper than the Bull. That matters too.

And I say this as someone who loves the Bull. It's pretty much the most controllable LMG in the game, maybe tied up with the Ursa. But there is a difference between 143/652 and 143/750, and when you feel that difference you understand why the MSW-R is so great.
  15. cruczi

Should also mention Bull has FSM 2.0, while MSW-R has FSM 2.5. First shot recoil is thus 0.6 for Bull (less with comp), 0.875 for MSW-R. Although 0.6 is already pretty crap for burst firing, Bull does win; but vertical recoil and first shot recoil really only matter for burst firing anyway, on an LMG. Below the range where burst firing is necessary, the difference in vertical recoil just doesn't matter
    A matter of preference. I prefer up-right angled recoil, even with a bit of random variance. 3 degrees isn't much.
    True and true.
  16. CornyWarfare

MSW-R for close-medium range, TMG-50 for medium-long range.
  17. MorganM

Which is why the forward grip is required on the Bull. After you have it... the thing is the smoothest operating LMG the TR has.

Honestly the MSW-R is not a bad gun, I see why ppl use it, especially for the price. But after you've got it and saved up 1,000 certs it's time to upgrade to the Bull and enjoy a superior weapon.
  18. cruczi

A skilled aimer will perform better with a weapon that has higher DPS but is harder to aim with. That's kinda the point. Bull may be more stable and controllable, but that doesn't stop good aimers from taking advantage of the MSW-R's higher DPS.
    • Up x 1
  19. Nakar

The thing is, the MSW-R is actually the second most accurate TR LMG after the Bull. No, I am not high; the Rhino may have lower base recoil and AFG, but its tolerance is a pitiful 0.7 to the MSW-R's 0.5 and the Bull's 0.4 (but better than the CARV/CARV-S). So it's not like the MSW-R is paying a huge price for its better DPS than the Bull. The Bull is unquestionably more controllable, but whether that matters so much is another thing entirely. You just have to be good enough for the MSW-R to be better than the Bull out to about 40m, and if you're particularly good it's competitive with it past that.

The Bull certainly has its strong points though. It runs a Laser with similar results to the ALS MSW-R but much better ADS stats when doing so, it runs a 2x or higher magnification more reliably, it has insane velocity so its SPA is less punishing and its no-ammo/HVA setups are ridiculously fast-moving, and the reload is quicker for more ammo. Arguably the Bull is a bit better at fighting multiple opponents or opponents not trying to close in on you. But in serial 1v1s and situations where you're rushing down the enemy or they're rushing down you, the MSW-R's extra DPS is very noticeable and very helpful.
  20. Stargazer86

What? No love for the NS-15M in this thread? For short ranges I do enjoy the MSW-R, but the NS15 is by far more accurate for long-range engagements than any of our faction specific LMG's.