Good LMG for TR

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by krokolop, Aug 1, 2014.

1. krokolop

Hi there.
    Which LMG is the best for you and why?
    Which optic should I use?
  2. DevDevBooday

MSW-R because its a god gun.

Arguably the best LMG in the game.

I recommend either 1x or 2x optics.
    • Up x 1
  3. Alzir

MSW for CQC, T9 Carv for slightly more versatility and a bigger mag at the expense of mostly your hipfiring ability. You need nothing more than that, and a 1x optic is pretty much all you ever need as a HA since you fight in close quarters.
  4. cruczi

Agree with the MSW-R recommendation. It's really the only LMG that makes sense as TR in my eyes. There's a niche for the TMG-50 (longer range) as well as the Carv-S (with ext. mags, only if you never want to reload), but MSW-R as a general purpose gun is excellent.

MSW-R is more versatile. Medium reload + medium clip is more versatile than long reload + large clip, because you don't have to plan reloads. Good hipfire accuracy is always nice for versatility because you can fire accurately both from the hip and in ADS. Carv does have slightly better long range stability, but the MSW-R is no slouch at long range, being an LMG. A slight penalty in long range performance is well worth the trade for the improved close range performance and SPA.

1X or 2X is a matter of preference. Heavies don't always fight in close quarters, not any more than other classes apart from sniping infiltrators. You can have a heavy build for longer range engagements, using a battle rifle or a long range LMG and a lock-on launcher (or the default rocket launcher if your aim is good). The long range LMG of each faction can be effectively cmo
    • Up x 1
  5. WarmasterRaptor

If it wasn't for the Auraxiums on the other LMGs to get, I guess I'd still be using the MSW-R.

It's just that nice :)
  6. Alzir

The T9 carv has more versatility in terms of the range it can be effective and the playstyles it can accommodate. The MSW qualities just make it a beast at CQC.

Heavies don't always fight in close quarters, but if you're not in CQC for the vast majority of your fights you're playing too passively. 2x and 3.4 x scopes have their occasional uses but if you excel at CQC, there's no point in nerfing your own effectiveness there by taking a 2x or higher scope as part of your standard loadout.
  7. cruczi

I disagree. This is the T9 carv:

0-2 meters - reliable body shots but if you want to hit the head, you must ADS
    2-5 meters - hipfire can save life if you have no time to ADS but otherwise always ADS, unless restricted by zoom scope
    5+ meters - hipfire is practically worthless

With the hipfire accuracy of the MSW-R (especially if combined with ALS)...

0-2 meters - you can aim for the head from the hip
    2-5 meters - reliable body shots ...
    5-10 meters - hipfire can save life ...
    10+ meters - hipfire is practically worthless

On the other hand, the difference in long range performance is pretty marginal. They have almost the same velocity and the same damage falloff. MSW-R actually has better stand/move ADS COF, while Carv has more manageable vertical recoil. In addition, long range performance is much less important than short-medium because long range targets are usually not a threat to you.

As for having more versatility in playstyle... based on what? T9 Carv cannot properly accommodate a CQC playstyle, MSW-R can. Both can accommodate a medium-long range playstyle fairly well, being LMG's.

You don't know what you're talking about. CQC range is the range where risk can no longer be effectively managed with the use of cover and planned engagements. CQC is chaotic and usually not where you want to be if you want to survive. For the purposes of capturing bases, going into CQC cannot be avoided so you'll want to be good at it and have a loadout that supports it, but it's stupidly bad risk management to push yourself to CQC even when you have the option to take the safer and wiser medium range engagement.

There is no nerf in having 2x reflex. It's preference.
  8. bubbacon

I use MSW-R for CQC and The BULL for everything else.
  9. Nakar

CARV hipfire is actually okay with a Laser, and it desires the Grip slightly less than the MSW-R. But you could hipfire a Grip MSW-R pretty much just as well, and the MSW-R has much better tolerance and more tolerable reloads.

The Bull is actually a pretty good suggestion for non-MSW-R ranges; I kinda juggle both and other than the 20-40m range where they both perform extremely well it's mostly just preference for close combat or slightly longer-distance shot trading. The MSW-R with Grip is the one in my "generalist" loadout, however. I would never put ALS on it anymore, spent the certs I got refunded on that elsewhere and just use the Grip 100% of the time.
  10. IberianHusky

Personally, I like the CARV. So much that I auraximated the thing. The MSW is really good too.
  11. krokolop

Which attachments should I use in MSW?
  12. johnway

my current set up is a x3.4 scope, a foregrip and occassionally SPA. I;m on my way to aurx the gun before moving to the bull or the carv s.

I detest the basic carv not really my style and it gets inaccurate very quickly. Tried it with laser, foregrip, flash suppressor and different scopes and i've found the results meh. Too many bullets to drop a target even if i burst fire. The S variant maybe more my style, but tbh i'm going to try the bull next. Assuming i can part with 1000 certs from my 9000+ pool/
  13. sindz

T9 carv, msw-r, tmg-50.
  14. cruczi

- 1x or 2x reflex depending on preference
    - flash suppressor or no attachment at all, depending on whether you're distracted by the flash or not
    - ALS or grip depending on what distance you prefer to fight at
    - SPA
    • Up x 2
  15. Crayv

MSW is a good gun. LMGs have been changed a bit since I last used it but I considered it a direct upgrade over the CARV.

For range I actually prefer the T16. It is extremely accurate at range, but it does have a rather long TTK. Because of this is it better to avoid direct fire competitions with your enemies and use it more to "support" by firing at enemies that either are distracted by something else or far enough away that they are outside of their effective range.

TMG 50 is also good (I have never really liked it for some reason).

Another thing to mention is the 3 that I mentioned are rather cheap with the TMG being the most expensive at 500 Certs, if I recall correctly.
  16. patoman

the chain gun is the best machine gun, a huge mag, and rapid firing. you can realy go through allot of enemys without reloading.
  17. krokolop

OK.
    How can I swap seats in vehicle.
    How can I give someone ammo?
  18. DrBash00

F1 to F12... (if galaxy).

Btw. MSW - R is good in 1v1 situations...
    But there is for every Situation a weapon ;-)

If you love to spray, maby go for the S variant of the standart gun, or the chaingun... (chaingun is general NOT a "good" gun... only in therms of spraying)
  19. BlazingTiger

The Carv. I base this preferenc off from the Orion (King of LMG imo). If you can go 1v1 against or kill as fast as the Orion, than that's the LMG you want to be using.
  20. HamOnRye

My recommendations.

Short to Medium Range - T9 Carv with foregrip,2x sight. I have used both the T9 Carv (extensively) the MSR-W and the Carv S. The dominate factor for me is 100 round capacity on the T9 Carv. I have often ran out of ammunition when presented with multiple targets with the MSR-W. As for the Carv-S its recoil pattern was not to my tastes so I do not like the gun, however other people in my outfit love the thing.

Medium to Long Range - T16 Rhino or TMG-50. Foregrip, 2x sight, HV ammo and compensator for the TMG-50. Both are good guns at this ranges however they are two different animals. The T16 is extremely stable recoil wise and quite easy to get multiple rounds per burst on target. The downside is the damage at range is a little on the weak side, however it still works well. The TMG-50 has higher damage initial and higher damage stability at range. The downside is the recoil is a little snarly and takes quite a bit of time to adjust.

With that said if I had only one gun - TMG-50 all the way.